Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 13th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #61
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,859
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
those emotions have nothing to do with sex...do you think a rapist is enjoying those emotions when he is plowing away some unwilling participant? Or better yet do you think the unwilling participant of the rape is feeling love, lust and passion?
The rapist is feeling a perverted feeling of Lust. One that he can't quench with 'normal sex'. The equivalent to a crack fiend killing someone for thier 20 dollar bill. I'm surprised (and happy that it isn't so) that there aren't more teenage rapists around. How much of the porn industry focuses on Teens?

The Unwilling participant is probably feeling fear, guilt and anxiety. Most would argue that she isn't even having sex but being attacked. Which I would agree with.

You are honestly telling me you think that there is no emotion when you have sex? You're not happy? Pleasured? Feel loved? If that is so, I feel sorry for you. You're missing out on good sex that way. I would also ask that if you think there is no emotion then why, other then reproduction, do you have sex or look at porn?
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #62
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,395
iTrader: (40)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
The rapist is feeling a perverted feeling of Lust. One that he can't quench with 'normal sex'. The equivalent to a crack fiend killing someone for thier 20 dollar bill. I'm surprised (and happy that it isn't so) that there aren't more teenage rapists around. How much of the porn industry focuses on Teens?

The Unwilling participant is probably feeling fear, guilt and anxiety. Most would argue that she isn't even having sex but being attacked. Which I would agree with.

You are honestly telling me you think that there is no emotion when you have sex? You're not happy? Pleasured? Feel loved? If that is so, I feel sorry for you. You're missing out on good sex that way. I would also ask that if you think there is no emotion then why, other then reproduction, do you have sex or look at porn?

rapist does not feel lust, and the rapie is having sex regardless of how you feel, they are also being attacked. rape is about control, not sex. I talked to many rapist, how many have you talked too? You are confusing loving makeing with sex...that is a problem. Sex by itself needs no emotion, it is nothing more than a physical act, however you refuse to admit that
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #63
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,395
iTrader: (40)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post

Religion: Obviously, the Bible teaches that porn is a sin. No argument possible there.
The bible teaches porn is bad? Where is the bible does it say porn is bad? Do you scripture to back that up?
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #64
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 5,970
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
rapist does not feel lust, and the rapie is having sex regardless of how you feel, they are also being attacked. rape is about control, not sex. I talked to many rapist, how many have you talked too? You are confusing loving makeing with sex...that is a problem. Sex by itself needs no emotion, it is nothing more than a physical act, however you refuse to admit that
If he admitted that then you'd both be wrong.
By getting your info from a rapist... umm really? and you would take the word of a rapist over the word of somebody who spent years studing the mind of warped creeps.
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #65
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 5,970
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
The bible teaches porn is bad? Where is the bible does it say porn is bad? Do you scripture to back that up?
Are you that thick or are you just trolling? Do yourself a favor and go to biblegateway.com and look it up.
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #66
tsaguy
drink the hotdog water.
 
tsaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-17-08
Location: Big Mountain, Michigan 48458
Posts: 4,262
iTrader: (3)
I agree with the op. I believe porn can hurt marriages.

I tend to not post my beliefs due to some people are good, and they can argue very well. I have a belief. I don't have to back it up with anything if I don't want.

The banter in this thread is proving that some people here have nothing to do.

I'm guilty of the same though.

I'm still at the work and on OT because there is a broken airplane here. Poop.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
I do drive a jeep and I have puffed a peter maybe once or twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
I am willing to bet its a bunch of geriatric old farts bitching about anyone under 50 and touching each others weiners.
tsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 06:33 PM   #67
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,395
iTrader: (40)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
If he admitted that then you'd both be wrong.
By getting your info from a rapist... umm really? and you would take the word of a rapist over the word of somebody who spent years studing the mind of warped creeps.

I have spent years "studying" these creeps...and none of them have said it was about lust...and where the fukc do you think the so called experts get their info from? Do they listen to the creep and then make up their own mind as to how these a-holes feel?


Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Are you that thick or are you just trolling? Do yourself a favor and go to biblegateway.com and look it up.
the bible does not say one thing about porn...period...if it does back it up with some scripture...it shouldn't be that hard if you are that well versed in the bible
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #68
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 5,970
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
I have spent years "studying" these creeps...and none of them have said it was about lust...and where the fukc do you think the so called experts get their info from? Do they listen to the creep and then make up their own mind as to how these a-holes feel?

You are correct in saying it is not about lust it is about control. As for the experts I think they spend years studying the human mind and how it works. What field of expertise did you study the human mind in? Prison?


the bible does not say one thing about porn...period...if it does back it up with some scripture...it shouldn't be that hard if you are that well versed in the bible
It does not say anything about porn but it does mention that to lust after another woman not only physically but in your heart is a sin.
Look in the book of Mathew.
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #69
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,859
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
The bible teaches porn is bad? Where is the bible does it say porn is bad? Do you scripture to back that up?
Exodus 20. The big ten. Idolatry (3-6) and adultery (14)

Even lusting in your heart is considered a sin. Mattew 5:28-29

1 John 2:15-16 illustrates what the love of the world is. It also points out that a man with a love for the world has no room to love God. IE- putting something infront of God (idolatry).

That is the tip of the ice burg. It doesn't say "porn" but if that is what your looking for I would question your past statement about other people being weak minded.

Would it be fair to say that rapists yurn for control? That they are addicted to it?
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #70
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,296
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
The bible teaches porn is bad? Where is the bible does it say porn is bad? Do you scripture to back that up?
You're right, of course it doesn't explicitly say "Thou shalt not view porn" because photography, movies and video weren't invented yet. But you're fooling yourself if you don't think the passages that Aber and L4CX don't apply.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #71
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,174
iTrader: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
It does not say anything about porn but it does mention that to lust after another woman not only physically but in your heart is a sin.
Look in the book of Mathew.
I don't lust over them. I just use it as some background noise while I jack off.
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #72
Fatty Matty
Senior Member
 
Fatty Matty's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-05-06
Location: Tecumseh
Posts: 5,343
iTrader: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
The rapist is feeling a perverted feeling of Lust. One that he can't quench with 'normal sex'. The equivalent to a crack fiend killing someone for thier 20 dollar bill. I'm surprised (and happy that it isn't so) that there aren't more teenage rapists around. How much of the porn industry focuses on Teens?

The Unwilling participant is probably feeling fear, guilt and anxiety. Most would argue that she isn't even having sex but being attacked. Which I would agree with.
I've met shitloads of rapists and hundreds of crackheads in my time.

A rapist doesn't have feelings of lust...rape has zero to do with that, and porn does NOT cause people to go out and rape others. I've been dealing with them since the mid 90's and there hasn't been any increase in rapes because of it.

99% of the crackheads out there won't kill somebody for money...they'll steal it or turn tricks for it....for that matter most of them aren't even violent, they just want that next high.

If you're anti-porn, that's cool. But you seem to come across as thinking that any amount of it is evil and will destroy a relationship based on your religious beliefs...or some video that a money-grubbing evangelist made up. Notice on that guys website there is a big-ass DONATE link at the top.

The same people that seem to think these guys are so great are usually the same folks that follow Dave Ramsey and other self-help types. A person with a strong mind, a brain and common sense doesn't need others to tell them how to conduct themselves.
__________________
'10 JKU
'07 300c
www.midwest-abs.com
Fatty Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #73
Ridin Dirty
kixx007 wants to be me
 
Ridin Dirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-07
Location: Metamora,Mi.
Posts: 8,904
iTrader: (149)
Weird.... another "I'm better than the rest of you because I have religion thread".
__________________
"It's all good. We've caught a lot nicer shit than this on fire"
Ridin Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #74
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,859
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin Dirty View Post
Weird.... another "I completely missed the point of the OP and possibly took offense because it's a personal issue for me, post".
fixered.

Seriously though, I merely put this up for anybody who may want a little help with something that I KNOW people on here struggle with.

I think PP would say 'reading is a lost art'.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty Matty View Post
I've met shitloads of rapists and hundreds of crackheads in my time.

A rapist doesn't have feelings of lust...rape has zero to do with that, and porn does NOT cause people to go out and rape others. I've been dealing with them since the mid 90's and there hasn't been any increase in rapes because of it.

99% of the crackheads out there won't kill somebody for money...they'll steal it or turn tricks for it....for that matter most of them aren't even violent, they just want that next high.
Ok, I went into the rapist paralell a bit too far. Here's the thing though...wait for it......I understand that you guys have far more expierence in the subject and am completely willing to accept your knowledge and apologize for being ignant.

Quote:
If you're anti-porn, that's cool. But you seem to come across as thinking that any amount of it is evil and will destroy a relationship based on your religious beliefs...or some video that a money-grubbing evangelist made up. Notice on that guys website there is a big-ass DONATE link at the top.
You really think ministry is a cash cow? Before you answer realize that I have been part of one and in leadership in one since I was in middle school. My dad is a UMC pastor and as a kid I often sat in on meetings of all sorts. Not only that but I heard the problems, from the leader of the church, unfiltered at home. I can tell you that, with out a doubt, ministry is the LAST thing you want to go into to make money.

This guy is helping thousands (if not millions of people) make thier marriages better and you're trying to paint him as a con artist? really?

Here's the nity grity. Churches/ministries require money to run just like any other business. Mark Driscols Ministry (Mars hills church, seattle) helps people in the Seattle area and all around the world. I think you'll find that most churches are the same. Heck, I havn't been to a budget meeting that they elders said 'yeah, we have plenty of money'. I dare you to get involved in a church and try and honestly keep the mentality that pastors are out to make money. I think you'll be disapointed at how wrong you actually are.

Quote:
The same people that seem to think these guys are so great are usually the same folks that follow Dave Ramsey and other self-help types. A person with a strong mind, a brain and common sense doesn't need others to tell them how to conduct themselves.
Pride comes before a fall.
The wise man seeks counsel but the Fool only listens to him self.

All those names you've listed off help people. I'm sick and tired of the church (the body of Christ as a whole) being painted as a horrible thing when they, for the most part, carry most of the weight of caring for people home and abroad.

I Want to be clear here. People that hold your opinion on church are wrong. That's not my opinion, it's fact. Before you argue with me, go to the local church and ask the pastor for help. Ask him about the missionaries that they no doubt support, ask them about the homeless people that come to thier door every day. Then if you can honestly think you're still right, we can talk. I'm sick of it and far to many people are so ignorant to what the church actually does.

L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #75
fullthrottle
2013 King of da Moustache
 
fullthrottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-17-05
Location: flint
Posts: 1,904
iTrader: (40)
Send a message via AIM to fullthrottle
I think your blind in some ways but on the right path in others. You found what works for you, doesn't mean it will work for others.

That sermon could be 1000mins long it's still his opinion on what he concluded of his study.

Porn is bad when overdosed just like drinking bleach and crack and gambling and heroin and helium. Get my point....





1st off a church has its good leaders and bad leaders, just like governments, which are quit frankly similar.

Church was formed by a group of people, whom had the same belief. Soon other forms of that 1st group broke off with their own beliefs.

Churches found out that they had sway over the mass of people and pushed this belief. Most wars were religious based in the old days. Till "land, slaves, gold(many forms), influence and even freedom of prosecution" took over.

Weak minded people follow...strong minded lead.( not always true...or straightforward)

I've been to many churches, ccd, baptized and confirmation. I've come to the conclusion that I believe in myself 1st and foremost.

I do watch porn, my wife and we have a healthy relationship.

I conclude that this sermon is his opinion based not on fact but assumption to the data he sees. Fact is something that is 100%. I don't see the same thing.
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #76
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,859
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle View Post
I think your blind in some ways but on the right path in others. You found what works for you, doesn't mean it will work for others.

That sermon could be 1000mins long it's still his opinion on what he concluded of his study.

Porn is bad when overdosed just like drinking bleach and crack and gambling and heroin and helium. Get my point....
I get your point and have no problem with it. I would ask, though, would you agree that porn is very easy to overuse? That the act of "making love to your self to porn" is a very easy way to gouge that path way into your brain because of the emotions and/or chemicals associated with the act. Not saying it happens to everyone, but that it happens to alot off people?

How come when it comes to a faith oriented thing people are 'blinded' but when someone has been in a field (other then ministry) for 20+ years what they say is respected because they have experience? Is there really a difference? I don't tell my mechanic that he's blinded by his 20+ years of experience, I listen to him because he's been doing it for a while and has an inside view on that field.


Quote:
1st off a church has its good leaders and bad leaders, just like governments, which are quit frankly similar.

Church was formed by a group of people, whom had the same belief. Soon other forms of that 1st group broke off with their own beliefs.

Churches found out that they had sway over the mass of people and pushed this belief. Most wars were religious based in the old days. Till "land, slaves, gold(many forms), influence and even freedom of prosecution" took over.
Eh....I kind of agree with this point but you're missing the part where government has tried to use churches by corrupting those higher ups in the church to push the government's opinion. Some times.

Quote:
Weak minded people follow...strong minded lead.( not always true...or straightforward)
Weak minded people can only become strong minded people by learning from 'the stronger minded people' correct? That's all those guys are trying to do. Is that wrong

Quote:
I've been to many churches, ccd, baptized and confirmation. I've come to the conclusion that I believe in myself 1st and foremost.

I do watch porn, my wife and we have a healthy relationship.

I conclude that this sermon is his opinion based not on fact but assumption to the data he sees. Fact is something that is 100%. I don't see the same thing.
that's your right.

Also, keep in mind that i'm not mad or anything. Just having a conversation. If I come off mad, i'm not.

Last edited by L4CX; March 13th, 2012 at 11:01 PM.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #77
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,395
iTrader: (40)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post

Weak minded people can only become strong minded people by learning from 'the stronger minded people' correct? That's all those guys are trying to do. Is that wrong
the last thing on "those guys" want to do is help people. All they really want is to pad their bank accounts...buy my books, follow my system, it will work!!!
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 11:24 PM   #78
fullthrottle
2013 King of da Moustache
 
fullthrottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-17-05
Location: flint
Posts: 1,904
iTrader: (40)
Send a message via AIM to fullthrottle
No offense and I don't see you as mad. Your stating your side as I am.

Sometimes the strong push the weak to lead because they want someone to blame in case their way is wrong or disastrous.
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #79
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,302
iTrader: (12)
Porn is like anything else that brings pleasure to the brain; it's ok when used in moderation.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 11:33 PM   #80
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,302
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
Marriage kills sex.
I would imagine just being Steveo has the same effect.

Note: Try to be original with your comeback. Insults to ones mother or calling them a fagget has run it's course. Come up with something new and exciting if you wish to maintain attention whore status.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.28305 seconds with 52 queries