Obama Supporters? - Page 5 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 7th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #81
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,579
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
We could argue about the economy but the numbers don't lie.Unemployment is at or above 9% and has gone up since Obama got into office. The debt he has put on this country will not be paid off for who knows how long(end of time)
You are correct, numbers don't lie. Unemployment was already climbing sharply before Obama got into office, and has been falling for the past few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Budget... He has not passed a budget for this nation in over a thousand days. At least when BUsh was in office he passed budgets and not two and three month budgets. Most house holds need to go by a budget to make sure they don't over extend thenselves. The country is so far in debt the China owns our ass and if they want to collect what do we give them? American soil, wait I think they already own plenty. For Obama and Democrats to use the excuse that they had to do what was needed to keep the country running is a sign of poor leadership qualities. Jimmy Carter was the worst president but history will show Obama to be the worst
The President doesn't pass budgets, he proposes them. Congress is supposed to pass them, but they can't seem to pass anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Nobody is forcing religious or moral views on anybody, it is freedom of speech. I have the right to tell you about Jesus Christ and how he can change your life for the better and you have the free will to ignore what I say. See nobody forced anything on you.
When you make laws based on your religious beliefs you are forcing them on others.

The rest of your points are based largely on your opinions. There's nothing wrong with that, but others will have different opinions, and thus support different candidates.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 7th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #82
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,579
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
So your answer is to force everybody to pay into a system to provide healthcare to the people who do not want to work and contribute into a system of healthcare.
The healthcare system is crazy and expensive but to allow the government to run it is even worse. We all know what happens when the government gets involved in business, look at the postal system and the public schools and medicade.
There has to be a better way and affordable for everybody but obamacare is FORCED on everybody except for the waviers he gave out to his big supporters. If Obama care is good enough for the American people then why is it not good enough for politicians and the ones lucky enough to recieve waviers?
Something is not right with obamacare.
No, that is Obama's answer. I don't have an answer, and apparently, neither do you.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 07:40 AM   #83
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,968
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcoke313 View Post
X a billion. Well said Bruce.
I did not vote for Obama but will this year.
Do you want to live in a socialist society filled with freeloaders? Are you hoping we turn into a communist state? God, im worried about this country.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 07:44 AM   #84
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,288
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Do you want to live in a socialist society filled with freeloaders? Are you hoping we turn into a communist state? God, im worried about this country.
At least we can just borrow this stuff...



mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 08:09 AM   #85
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,456
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
First let me mention that I did not vote for Obama in the last election, and am undecided who I will vote for in the coming election.
First, I'm suprised. Second, I'm impressed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Forcing your religious and moral views on others is another way to control people.
Holy crap, I agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Do you want to live in a socialist society filled with freeloaders? Are you hoping we turn into a communist state? God, im worried about this country.
You made an intellegent contribution to a topic without insulting somebody. You have proven my theory wrong about you. I'm impressed.


I'm not sure who I'm going to vote for. I can tell you it will not be for our current racist Muslum sympathiser.

In the future, any candidate that has our Nation's best interest in mind and has a plan to bring manufacturing back to this country will get my vote. We need politictions that have a goal of making America self sufficient again.

These people may not exist but I can hope.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 08:18 AM   #86
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,968
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default

I had to borrow one if your brain cells for it too, because as you out it you're incredibly smarter than I am. You also own more stuff, and you have tools, the stuff and tools put you so much further ahead in life than myself that im not even sure how to post anymore.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #87
bigbchevy
missmrgreenagain
 
bigbchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-07
Location: fenton /hartland mi
Posts: 19,994
iTrader: (167)
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Default

aww
__________________
H.o.r.e
(mr.green)So you are calling CC a liar?? Not a nice way to treat your bitch.
tube bending and gear installs pm me for info! gears installed for $150 and up per axle.
bigbchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #88
dietcoke313
"I was swimming"
 
dietcoke313's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-08-08
Location: allen park mi.
Posts: 304
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Do you want to live in a socialist society filled with freeloaders? Are you hoping we turn into a communist state? God, im worried about this country.
Socialists hold that capitalism is an illegitimate economic system, since it largely serves the interests of the owners of capital and involves the exploitation of other economic classes. As such, they wish to replace it completely or at least make substantial modifications to it, in order to create a more just society that would guarantee a certain basic standard of living.[8][9] A primary goal of socialism is social equality and a distribution of wealth based on one's contribution to society, and an economic arrangement that would serve the interests of society as a whole.[citation needed]

No one likes free loaders.

And no I do not want to live in socialist society.
dietcoke313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 08:48 AM   #89
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,968
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default

If you don't like freeloaders why the hell would you vote for obama?

Capatilist society allows you to go out and work for the things you want with out having to bear the burden of dragging along all the freeloaders....

It scares the shit out of me to see so many actually considering voting for obama.....
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 08:57 AM   #90
dietcoke313
"I was swimming"
 
dietcoke313's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-08-08
Location: allen park mi.
Posts: 304
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
If you don't like freeloaders why the hell would you vote for obama?

Capatilist society allows you to go out and work for the things you want with out having to bear the burden of dragging along all the freeloaders....

It scares the shit out of me to see so many actually considering voting for obama.....
You asked if I wanted to live in a socialist society. I fail to make the connection between Obama and socialism. Socialism is based on one contribution to society. If you do not contribute you do not get anything. Welfare is NOT socialism.
dietcoke313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #91
pizzaman
Senior Member
 
pizzaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Independence Twsp, North Oakland County
Posts: 948
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcoke313 View Post
Socialists hold that capitalism is an illegitimate economic system, since it largely serves the interests of the owners of capital and involves the exploitation of other economic classes. As such, they wish to replace it completely or at least make substantial modifications to it, in order to create a more just society that would guarantee a certain basic standard of living.[8][9] A primary goal of socialism is social equality and a distribution of wealth based on one's contribution to society, and an economic arrangement that would serve the interests of society as a whole.[citation needed]

No one likes free loaders.

And no I do not want to live in socialist society.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
If you don't like freeloaders why the hell would you vote for obama?

Capatilist society allows you to go out and work for the things you want with out having to bear the burden of dragging along all the freeloaders....

It scares the shit out of me to see so many actually considering voting for obama.....
let's not forget that there are less people applying for unemployment, not looking, therefore the so called lower unemployment numbers are skewed.

If obamacare is such a great idea then why are there so many groups allowed to "opt" out, i.e. unions.

I never understand how someone that leans left thinks that and or conservatives are socialists?

I am for less government control and I do not want the government to pay for abortions. I am against abortions, but if someone wants to get one, they can pay for themselves not my tax dollars.

I am not for redistribution of wealth and I beleive the whole tax the rich or pay their fair share is a joke.


This is a good thread and hopefully continues without and idiocy.
pizzaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 09:09 AM   #92
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,968
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcoke313 View Post
You asked if I wanted to live in a socialist society. I fail to make the connection between Obama and socialism. Socialism is based on one contribution to society. If you do not contribute you do not get anything. Welfare is NOT socialism.
what do you think you are voting for when you are voting for obama?

Welfare and socilism may not be defined as exactly the same thing, but you are voting in support of freeloaders while voting for obama in this current political climate.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 09:09 AM   #93
dietcoke313
"I was swimming"
 
dietcoke313's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-08-08
Location: allen park mi.
Posts: 304
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaman View Post

If obamacare is such a great idea then why are there so many groups allowed to "opt" out, i.e. unions.

.
I just looked this up and the wavers you are talking about are time limited all ending in 2014 and are for the minimum of coverage. The unions did get some of the 1200 given out but not the biggest share. The insurance companys did.
dietcoke313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 09:12 AM   #94
dietcoke313
"I was swimming"
 
dietcoke313's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-08-08
Location: allen park mi.
Posts: 304
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
what do you think you are voting for when you are voting for obama?

Welfare and socilism may not be defined as exactly the same thing, but you are voting in support of freeloaders while voting for obama in this current political climate.
I don't see it that way. If the are so good at getting rid of the "free loaders". Why didn't any of the past do it?
dietcoke313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 09:14 AM   #95
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,254
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
You are correct, numbers don't lie. Unemployment was already climbing sharply before Obama got into office, and has been falling for the past few months.

Its been 3 years of consistant 9% and that is only the numbers of people collecting benefits. How many more have fell off the radar? Some seen to think it is around the 25% rate. Obama has done very little to get the economy going by his way of spending and getting in the way of the private sector to grow. The pipeline deal for instance, not issuing drillling licences for oil, but yet giving millions of dollars to south america for drilling.



The President doesn't pass budgets, he proposes them. Congress is supposed to pass them, but they can't seem to pass anything.

The budgets he proposed were shot down by dems and repubs because he wanted too much money and not cutting anything out. Just spend, its not his money.


When you make laws based on your religious beliefs you are forcing them on others.

Which ones are those?

The rest of your points are based largely on your opinions. There's nothing wrong with that, but others will have different opinions, and thus support different candidates.
Tru dat, but what has obama done to deserve another 4 years?
We all know he received the Nobel Peace Prize and 1 million dollars
for doing nothing maybe he's banking on Americans to give him the same benefit. In return he gives us a run down a broken country deeply in debt and turned upside down. As Kickstand said he is worried what this country is turning into and so should you and every other American.
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 09:15 AM   #96
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,968
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcoke313 View Post
I don't see it that way. If the are so good at getting rid of the "free loaders". Why didn't any of the past do it?
It amazes me how people can't see it that way....obama has done nothing but try and push socialist big government programs.....you will never eliminate 100% of the free loaders, but the rate at which obama is trying to add that type of thing is dumbfounding....
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #97
toast
i break stuff
 
toast's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-14-07
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 480
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Good Morning all. I thought that after my last "long winded" reply to this thread, I would be done, but I keep reading others responses and it compels me to comment more. But the responses seem to be getting off track of the original question and down to the root matters.

Which is why a platform like this can play a significant role in the education of those that are not as educated about these things, like me.

So I pose another scenario. What do you think would happen if we did not have a president? What if we were ruled by governmental body that did not ask us our opinion but rather made decision's and passed laws, rules and regulations based on the what a few thought served the greater good? What then do you think would happen?
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 09:24 AM   #98
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,254
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcoke313 View Post
I don't see it that way. If the are so good at getting rid of the "free loaders". Why didn't any of the past do it?
You will always have freeloaders in society and the more you allow them to stay on that system the more they abuse it and will continue to accept it.
We now have a greater number of people thinking and believing they are entitled to what they do not work for and we can give credit to our president because he has created this new group of freeloaders.
As Obama has stated himself, we need to spread the wealth. Well I'd say lets start with his wealth, srtip him down to nothing and put him and his family in the projects on welfare and food stamps. It won't happen he is one of the elite, forcing his way on the American people or should I say the liberal way of thinking.
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 09:30 AM   #99
dietcoke313
"I was swimming"
 
dietcoke313's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-08-08
Location: allen park mi.
Posts: 304
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
It amazes me how people can't see it that way....obama has done nothing but try and push socialist big government programs.....you will never eliminate 100% of the free loaders, but the rate at which obama is trying to add that type of thing is dumbfounding....
I would like to read the info you have that can back up your statements.

Part of the unemployment rate is do all governments big and small are laying off.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...-sector-grows/
dietcoke313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 09:32 AM   #100
dietcoke313
"I was swimming"
 
dietcoke313's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-08-08
Location: allen park mi.
Posts: 304
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
Good Morning all. I thought that after my last "long winded" reply to this thread, I would be done, but I keep reading others responses and it compels me to comment more. But the responses seem to be getting off track of the original question and down to the root matters.

Which is why a platform like this can play a significant role in the education of those that are not as educated about these things, like me.

So I pose another scenario. What do you think would happen if we did not have a president? What if we were ruled by governmental body that did not ask us our opinion but rather made decision's and passed laws, rules and regulations based on the what a few thought served the greater good? What then do you think would happen?
Sad but this is our system. With only 16% voting in presidential elections.
dietcoke313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.54963 seconds with 83 queries