Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 4th, 2011, 09:17 AM   #1
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,348
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default I'm going to burn the U.S. flag today!

I was cleaning my Mom's house out yesterday getting it ready to give back to the bank. I found thee or four old nasty faded U.S. flags in the garage that are no longer servicable. I took them to my shop and I am going to dispose of them buy burning them and burying the ashes.

This is the best I can do to honor those who have sacraficed so much for me.

Last edited by Nuggets; December 4th, 2011 at 10:08 PM.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #2
JeepInABox
Jeep yard art collector.
 
JeepInABox's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-25-07
Location: Fenton
Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

give them to the boy scouts or girl scouts they will teach the kids how to respect and dispose of them properly
JeepInABox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #3
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,911
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Yeah, there is a process that is 'supposed' to be followed. A whole ceremony actually. Separating the red and white or something.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 02:44 PM   #4
Marine_mike
SNSHTF
 
Marine_mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-08
Location: Mount Clemens/MI
Posts: 1,918
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Yeah, there is a process that is 'supposed' to be followed. A whole ceremony actually. Separating the red and white or something.
^This.
Marine_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 07:49 PM   #5
WSU JK
Senior Member
 
WSU JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-25-08
Location: Lowering the Per-Capita Income of Bloomfield Hills since 2009!
Posts: 2,546
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Yeah, there is a process that is 'supposed' to be followed. A whole ceremony actually. Separating the red and white or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine_mike View Post
^This.
Not true. The only official regulation is:

Quote:
(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a
fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way,
preferably by burning.
Title 4 U.S. Code, Chapter 1, Section 8

No ceremony is needed.
WSU JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #6
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,488
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

i don't feel American anymore.... i feel like a dirty Arab... or China made person..
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #7
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,911
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSU JK View Post
Not true. The only official regulation is:



Title 4 U.S. Code, Chapter 1, Section 8

No ceremony is needed.
Wow, didn't know that. But you CAN do the ceremony which is significant in some way. Can't remember the exact ceremony from Cub scouts though.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 10:10 PM   #8
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,348
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

These flags belonged to my mother. I finally got my parasite brother in law out of the house so I can give it back to the bank. I spent the weekend clearing things out and putting them in storage. I feel the need to burn these flags myself and I will take the ashes out to my farm and bury them.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 10:13 PM   #9
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,348
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

I didn't get a chance to burn the flags today due to some issues that came up at the shop.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #10
old_red_limited
"Miss. Piggy"
 
old_red_limited's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-20-11
Location: Grand Haven
Posts: 341
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
I was cleaning my Mom's house out yesterday getting it ready to give back to the bank. I found thee or four old nasty faded U.S. flags in the garage that are no longer servicable. I took them to my shop and I am going to dispose of them buy burning them and burying the ashes.

This is the best I can do to honor those who have sacraficed so much for me.
Awesome! Its good to see some people that still care about the flag and what it stands for and those of us who stand for it!
old_red_limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 07:57 PM   #11
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,348
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_red_limited View Post
Awesome! Its good to see some people that still care about the flag and what it stands for and those of us who stand for it!
The ground froze so I didn't burn the flags (Gotta bury the ashes). I took them to an American Legion post just today for proper disposal.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #12
Ready4Wheelin
Senior Member
 
Ready4Wheelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-18-06
Location: Rochester
Posts: 1,269
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

That was going to be my recommendation. Our local American Legion post even has a drop off box on the outside wall of their building for people to leave such flags for proper disposal. Thank you for being a respectful American!
Ready4Wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #13
GREASYHANDS
wabbit season
 
GREASYHANDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-16-09
Location: Ravenna
Posts: 12,378
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieMT View Post
sorry I don't work on fords I park on top of them!
Bare Bones Offroad
RIP FS4L
Pavement sucks
Meow
GREASYHANDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #14
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,348
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready4Wheelin View Post
That was going to be my recommendation. Our local American Legion post even has a drop off box on the outside wall of their building for people to leave such flags for proper disposal. Thank you for being a respectful American!
I'm wierd about flags. I'm so tired of people bitchin' about how bad they've got it and this country sucks and life is unfair waah boo hoo. This is a great country and even in it's current economic condition, nothing is stopping a person from going out and making themselves successful. True, it's difficult right now but we have developed into a nation of people that can not solve their own problems and want the solution handed to them.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #15
archerchaos
I shoot bows & I'm a girl
 
archerchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-10-11
Location: birmingham, michigan and Boyne City michigan
Posts: 721
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
I'm wierd about flags. I'm so tired of people bitchin' about how bad they've got it and this country sucks and life is unfair waah boo hoo. This is a great country and even in it's current economic condition, nothing is stopping a person from going out and making themselves successful. True, it's difficult right now but we have developed into a nation of people that can not solve their own problems and want the solution handed to them.
I'm voting for you!!
archerchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.17576 seconds with 42 queries