My new tow rig - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Tow rigs and trailers
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 11th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #21
koochman450r
Stranger Danger
 
koochman450r's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-08
Location: New Boston MI
Posts: 2,569
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

thanks man
__________________
MY BUILD
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=255953
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
you won this battle.
koochman450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old October 11th, 2011, 01:20 PM   #22
curt1656
Praise the lowered
 
curt1656's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-26-07
Location: WTFWJD?
Posts: 2,927
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbeatty View Post
i like it. not a chevy guy but nice truck. although if a leveling kit losing mpgs scares you maby rethinking the winch bumpers would be a good idea. there heavy as hell
You're not cool enough to be a Chevy guy.

Nice truck .
curt1656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 05:15 PM   #23
liv2mx
i like jungle gym's.
 
liv2mx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: silver lake and up in the air building america
Posts: 11,266
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

sweet rig..i guess they didnt like it at the border enough to let you through though.
liv2mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 07:10 PM   #24
koochman450r
Stranger Danger
 
koochman450r's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-08
Location: New Boston MI
Posts: 2,569
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Oh don't get me started! Driving 967 miles in 26 hours was just what I wanted to do. Oh thanks on the compliment.
__________________
MY BUILD
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=255953
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
you won this battle.
koochman450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 07:30 PM   #25
Fullsize4life
Kicking Cancers ASS
 
Fullsize4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-06
Location: Hart, Mi (next to silver lake)
Posts: 18,754
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

What happened at the border?"
Fullsize4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 08:00 PM   #26
koochman450r
Stranger Danger
 
koochman450r's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-08
Location: New Boston MI
Posts: 2,569
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Owi 4 years ago. Can't make it to Canada for another 6 years. Didn't know it. Plus is up to officer discretion, and he was a huge d-bag
__________________
MY BUILD
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=255953
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
you won this battle.
koochman450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 07:15 AM   #27
jeepbrattt
New car smell.....Mmmmmmm
 
Join Date: 05-31-08
Location: mi
Posts: 5,406
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koochman450r View Post
Owi 4 years ago. Can't make it to Canada for another 6 years. Didn't know it. Plus is up to officer discretion, and he was a huge d-bag

Didnt know it? Maybe you should have done some research. That sucked that Jacob had to unload his shit and sit at the border waiting to be picked up and then have to find a ride back to the states for his rig.

A very quick google search turned up this:

Canada and a DUI Conviction

Canada regards DUI / DWI as an extremely serious offense. A conviction for Driving Under the Influence (DUI or DWI) will qualify you as a member of the Inadmissible Class. Those non-Canadian citizens with such convictions will not be allowed to cross the border into Canada freely.
The Inadmissible status can be removed, after a period of many years, by applying for a Minister's Approval of Rehabilitation. Although, you can visit Canada before the Inadmissible status is removed. This requires you apply for a Temporary Resident Permit. The Temporary Resident Permit allows you to visit Canada for a single purpose or for a limited period. This process requires completion of forms and paying fees. It is strongly recommended you retain the services of an experienced Immigration attorney to handle this process on your behalf. An Immigration lawyer will know how to expedite the request and will not make mistakes causing delay.

Last edited by jeepbrattt; October 13th, 2011 at 07:29 AM.
jeepbrattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 07:59 AM   #28
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,289
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullsize4life View Post
i dont think that was necessary way to respond. I like stacks and in fact do not like penis unless it is mine, mine is cool.
Thats not what you said when you were with me...

And liking stacks either makes you gay or a hillbilly....or in your case both

mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 08:02 AM   #29
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,289
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
Didnt know it? Maybe you should have done some research. That sucked that Jacob had to unload his shit and sit at the border waiting to be picked up and then have to find a ride back to the states for his rig.

A very quick google search turned up this:

Canada and a DUI Conviction

Canada regards DUI / DWI as an extremely serious offense. A conviction for Driving Under the Influence (DUI or DWI) will qualify you as a member of the Inadmissible Class. Those non-Canadian citizens with such convictions will not be allowed to cross the border into Canada freely.
The Inadmissible status can be removed, after a period of many years, by applying for a Minister's Approval of Rehabilitation. Although, you can visit Canada before the Inadmissible status is removed. This requires you apply for a Temporary Resident Permit. The Temporary Resident Permit allows you to visit Canada for a single purpose or for a limited period. This process requires completion of forms and paying fees. It is strongly recommended you retain the services of an experienced Immigration attorney to handle this process on your behalf. An Immigration lawyer will know how to expedite the request and will not make mistakes causing delay.
So based on that logic do they deport their drunk drivers? or better yet do we not allow their DWI offenders entrance to our country?
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 08:12 AM   #30
Fatty Matty
Senior Member
 
Fatty Matty's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-05-06
Location: Tecumseh
Posts: 5,382
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Their DWI law is fucked....they allow all sorts of foreigners in to live there, but won't let a US citizen with a DUI into the country to spend a weekend and some money.
__________________
'12 JKU
'14 1500
www.midwest-abs.com
Fatty Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 08:18 AM   #31
jeepbrattt
New car smell.....Mmmmmmm
 
Join Date: 05-31-08
Location: mi
Posts: 5,406
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
So based on that logic do they deport their drunk drivers? or better yet do we not allow their DWI offenders entrance to our country?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty Matty View Post
Their DWI law is fucked....they allow all sorts of foreigners in to live there, but won't let a US citizen with a DUI into the country to spend a weekend and some money.

I'm not saying I agree with it....just that if I were towing someone else's rig across the border, and I had a DUI , I personally would have done some research or at the very least let the person know that I was towing that I had a DUI so they could find an alternate way across. It's common knowledge that DUI's and the Canadian border don't play well together.

sidenote.....it is a nice truck

Last edited by jeepbrattt; October 13th, 2011 at 08:26 AM.
jeepbrattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 08:26 AM   #32
Mr. Beefy
BFT!
 
Mr. Beefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-11-07
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Posts: 12,477
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

Damn for future reference I'm like 3 minutes from the bridge and I own 2 car haulers... Next time send me a p.m.
Mr. Beefy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 08:27 AM   #33
jeepbrattt
New car smell.....Mmmmmmm
 
Join Date: 05-31-08
Location: mi
Posts: 5,406
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Beefy View Post
Damn for future reference I'm like 3 minutes from the bridge and I own 2 car haulers... Next time send me a p.m.

Good to know....but your avatar is kinda creeping me out!
jeepbrattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 10:14 AM   #34
koochman450r
Stranger Danger
 
koochman450r's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-08
Location: New Boston MI
Posts: 2,569
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
I'm not saying I agree with it....just that if I were towing someone else's rig across the border, and I had a DUI , I personally would have done some research or at the very least let the person know that I was towing that I had a DUI so they could find an alternate way across. It's common knowledge that DUI's and the Canadian border don't play well together.

sidenote.....it is a nice truck
Jacob knew before we left traverse city. We made plans if I couldn't make it. But Jimmy insisted on taking him the rest of the way. Everyone I caravaned with knew when we were 3.5 hrs away from the bridge and they said try it. I've been over since it happened so I didn't know it was a problem. So don't jump my shit like I'm all to blame and lied to people. I feel bad enough as it is. I've known Jacob for quite a while and he's over it and not mad. Thanks for the compliment.
__________________
MY BUILD
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=255953
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
you won this battle.
koochman450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 11:19 AM   #35
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,289
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
I'm not saying I agree with it....just that if I were towing someone else's rig across the border, and I had a DUI , I personally would have done some research or at the very least let the person know that I was towing that I had a DUI so they could find an alternate way across. It's common knowledge that DUI's and the Canadian border don't play well together.

sidenote.....it is a nice truck
Honestly I would have never even thought it would be an issue. I could see if you still were in whatever probation period we have before getting your license back or whatever. Also the way that sounds it might be a problem even being a passenger.

I think sometimes a lot of people, myself included, kinda forget that Canada is a foreign country and some of their laws, or a lot of their laws, are a fukc ton different than ours.

Shitty deal for sure
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 12:26 PM   #36
bacongrease
Am i still a Noob?
 
bacongrease's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-28-08
Location: Troy/MI
Posts: 538
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Crazy, 3 years ago i went across the border to visit niagra falls with a paper license due to dui and had no problems..crossed over into new york, then back to canada as well. Both borders no problems.
bacongrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 02:39 PM   #37
jeepbrattt
New car smell.....Mmmmmmm
 
Join Date: 05-31-08
Location: mi
Posts: 5,406
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Yes Mike, even as a passenger it IS an issue. You may get lucky and slip thru the cracks, however if they run your shit and/or you tell them you have these infractions if they ask, then you will be turned around. If they ask and you lie they may push you thru if you're lucky enough not to have them run your stuff.......and true it depends on the person at the gate. Jacobs a great guy, you're lucky he's so forgiving. I don't know koochman, he may be a great guy....just thinking I would've fessed that tidbit of info up prior to 3 1/2 hours from the border.
jeepbrattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 03:27 PM   #38
koochman450r
Stranger Danger
 
koochman450r's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-08
Location: New Boston MI
Posts: 2,569
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacongrease View Post
Crazy, 3 years ago i went across the border to visit niagra falls with a paper license due to dui and had no problems..crossed over into new york, then back to canada as well. Both borders no problems.
Same with me. Like 2.5 years ago i went over thorugh windsor and back a couple times and never had a problem. So having made it through several times with no problem i never had the reason to do research. If it aint broke dont fix it kinda deal. I did research on enhanced license and stuff and nothing ever came up about inadmissability for dui/owi. And before we even left jacobs house he knew and thats when we confered with other people and they said try it. Jacob said if i cant make it we would turn around and wheel at TT for the weekend. But we decided to risk it. We got there and everyone told him to leave his truck and they would take care of him. Either way its over and i dont get to go to canada till 2017. Or next weekend when i cruise through windsor like i have done so many times in the past. Fukc it!
__________________
MY BUILD
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=255953
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
you won this battle.
koochman450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Tow rigs and trailers

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.30512 seconds with 76 queries