Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > Great Lakes 4x4 Marketplace > Parts for sale
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 8th, 2011, 08:47 PM   #1
jeepjason
Believer
 
jeepjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-10-07
Location: mt. pleasant, Mi.
Posts: 47
iTrader: (1)
Terra tires

I have 2 31x15.50x15 Goodyear v-groove terra tires mounted on 15x14 5x5.5 ford dodge old jeep white wagons. Asking $200.

jeepjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 08:50 PM   #2
dmcjeep
Senior Member
 
dmcjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Grand Haven Mi.
Posts: 8,943
iTrader: (103)
OK are these DOT or non DOT
dmcjeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 08:53 PM   #3
jeepjason
Believer
 
jeepjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-10-07
Location: mt. pleasant, Mi.
Posts: 47
iTrader: (1)
I guess i'd have to go check? Gimme a few minutes... do you think it would say on the tire?
jeepjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 09:10 PM   #4
jeepjason
Believer
 
jeepjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-10-07
Location: mt. pleasant, Mi.
Posts: 47
iTrader: (1)
The tire carcass says "not for highway use". They are 8 ply nylon construction. I ran them with 3lbs of air on the front of my f-150 and drove them on the dunes and around town with no problem except a little flat spotting for a couple of miles in the mornings.
jeepjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 09:13 PM   #5
Ready4Wheelin
Senior Member
 
Ready4Wheelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-18-06
Location: Rochester
Posts: 1,242
iTrader: (13)
Not sure on the DOT ruling, but mine also say "not for highway use" on them. I run them on my sand rail on the street with no problems.
Ready4Wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 09:15 PM   #6
Freak
Wheelin the HD
 
Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-27-07
Location: Portland, TX
Posts: 7,221
iTrader: (14)
Send a message via MSN to Freak Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
They are not dot rated obviously.... I wouldn't run them on a dd.
__________________
Motors hate me, axles fear me.

I got your jeep thing, now my damn Chevy wont start, and its missing a wheel.
My build: http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=206107
Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 09:26 PM   #7
jeepjason
Believer
 
jeepjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-10-07
Location: mt. pleasant, Mi.
Posts: 47
iTrader: (1)
The purpose for this sale is for sand tires... maybe I should have put that in the first post?

Sarcasm
jeepjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 10:01 PM   #8
Freak
Wheelin the HD
 
Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-27-07
Location: Portland, TX
Posts: 7,221
iTrader: (14)
Send a message via MSN to Freak Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjason View Post
The purpose for this sale is for sand tires... maybe I should have put that in the first post?

Sarcasm
I was trying to clarify for all those asking, if they were dot rated it would be printed on the sidewall.
__________________
Motors hate me, axles fear me.

I got your jeep thing, now my damn Chevy wont start, and its missing a wheel.
My build: http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=206107
Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2011, 06:56 PM   #9
trailtwister
Don't Insult My Stupidity
 
trailtwister's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-18-09
Location: Hardy Dam/Newaygo,Mi
Posts: 419
iTrader: (1)
Bump for a great sand tire and great price!
trailtwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2011, 09:23 PM   #10
jeepjason
Believer
 
jeepjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-10-07
Location: mt. pleasant, Mi.
Posts: 47
iTrader: (1)
Yeah what he said^
jeepjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2011, 09:34 PM   #11
dmcjeep
Senior Member
 
dmcjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Grand Haven Mi.
Posts: 8,943
iTrader: (103)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjason View Post
The tire carcass says "not for highway use". They are 8 ply nylon construction. I ran them with 3lbs of air on the front of my f-150 and drove them on the dunes and around town with no problem except a little flat spotting for a couple of miles in the mornings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready4Wheelin View Post
Not sure on the DOT ruling, but mine also say "not for highway use" on them. I run them on my sand rail on the street with no problems.
Just to clarify this it is not as big deal if you are just using them for play. But I do some racing that requires DOT tires and most people that have been around for a while know they came as "not for highway use" and others were DOT marked. Yes it will have a DOT on the street legal ones. I was questioned about that several times at the Shuss Mountain Hill Climb as the ones I now have are DOT legal and I was hopeing to find a couple more like them that are still in good condition.
dmcjeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:25 PM   #12
jeepjason
Believer
 
jeepjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-10-07
Location: mt. pleasant, Mi.
Posts: 47
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcjeep View Post
Just to clarify this it is not as big deal if you are just using them for play. But I do some racing that requires DOT tires and most people that have been around for a while know they came as "not for highway use" and others were DOT marked. Yes it will have a DOT on the street legal ones. I was questioned about that several times at the Shuss Mountain Hill Climb as the ones I now have are DOT legal and I was hopeing to find a couple more like them that are still in good condition.
Thanks for the info. Now I know and knowing is half the battle!
jeepjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #13
jeepjason
Believer
 
jeepjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-10-07
Location: mt. pleasant, Mi.
Posts: 47
iTrader: (1)
I'm going to silver lake this weekend, get a hold of me by thursday night if you want them. $200
jeepjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 05:21 PM   #14
jeepjason
Believer
 
jeepjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-10-07
Location: mt. pleasant, Mi.
Posts: 47
iTrader: (1)
ttt
jeepjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > Great Lakes 4x4 Marketplace > Parts for sale
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.16593 seconds with 40 queries