Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

**The Official 2011 SnoFari Pic Thread**

20K views 164 replies 55 participants last post by  2fst4you 
#1 ·
We've had a great Friday turnout this year and had several runs today, with more coming tonight. Here's a couple shots from the first day...

:sonicjay::sonicjay::teehee:

See less See more
#98 ·
Got a chance to use my new tool. :woot: This jack/stand is awesome. I saw TAB use one of these last month at Twisted Trails and thought, man, what a great idea, a bottle jack and an adjustable jack stand, all-in-one. :rock:It's so much more practical than a hi-lift, especially with so many vehicles with long arm suspensions that drop so much. Plus, I just took my hi-lift out of the jeep so that I could fit some sleds for the kids AND out of our group of 12 nobody had a hi-lift (well actually one person did, I think, but there was an issue with it) Either way, this thing was way easier and safer to use:rock:

#102 · (Edited)
Yeah, it settled in the snow real nice, ended up using the hi-lift base as a parts bin:teehee:

The jack adjusts from 11-21", has 3 manual adjustments:thumb: After I saw it, it was instantly on my shopping list. Did a little searching on the internet and found it from 39.99 to 63.99 not including shipping, then found it at Tractor Supply for 29.99:woot: Really wish I would have thought of this. I would market the crap out of it to the 4x4 community. But instead of making money on it, I'm just another happy consumer content to spend money on somebody else's great idea.

#122 ·
Finally got the pics from my co-pilot.

Ruined my first tire at home in a “loading accident”

Lost my spare tire on the Friday night run.

Reseated the bead after the bar closed late Friday night… lol

Ready to head out Sat. morning

I’ll have a few videos later on, they’re pretty comical on the hill climbs due to the massive engine knock.

#128 ·
Finally got the pics from my co-pilot.

I’ll have a few videos later on, they’re pretty comical on the hill climbs due to the massive engine knock.
Nice Pics! :rock: It is nice to see pics of my vehicle... usually I have pictures of everyones rig but mine.

I saw some more cameras out when I was on the rocks... maybe there will be some more pictures or footage of the action. Still bummed that they were so icy that I was only able to get up one of the crawls.

#129 ·
Where are your pictures? I have not seen them yet :teehee:

I was hoping to see one all blurry that you took as you were diving out of the way :sonicjay:

Edit: My tailgate report was done the day I got back :thumb:
:finger:

#130 ·
No blurry/diving photo :sonicjay::poke:

I put a service bulletin out to Willy's saying they need to fix the throttle so it is less of an on/off switch, but it was stamped "return to sender" and my mailman said the old jeeps were more fun that way anyway.

#143 ·
Made it back to NC Sunday night at around 7:30 at night.....just in time to finish watching the super bowl

The drive was eventfull to say the least..... left MI at 8:30 in the morning Saturday, got caught in a snow storm in OH saturday about the 200 miles into the trip. Had to drive in 4wd on the highway at 20 MPH, decided to stay overnight in OH. Got back on the road at 3:30 Sunday morning, figured the roads were clear. Decided to explode two trailer tires in WV, took out my back trailer lights and trailer brakes. 2 1/2 hours and 293 dollars later got back on the road. Had to take it easy in the mountains with no trailer brakes. Not a fun drive but we made it. The drive went from 16 hours total to about 22 hours. :sonicjay:

Here is a pic of the plaque, it looks awesome

Look I haz two

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.