|December 21st, 2010, 01:35 PM||#2|
Join Date: 03-19-06
Location: petersburg, MI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Copied form mitchell on demand
1. Rotate key to "lock"position. Disconnect battery ground. On tilt columns, remove upper extension shroud by squeezing at the 6 and 10 o"clock positions and popping free of the retaining plate at the 3 o"clock position.
2. Remove 2 shroud halves by removing the 2 attaching screws. On all models, disconnect electrical connector from ignition switch. Drill out the 2 break-off head bolts holding the ignition switch to the lock cylinder with a 1/8" drill bit.
3. using an easy- out, remove bolts. Disengage the ignition switch from the actuator pin and remove switch.
1. Rotate ignition key to the run position. Install switch by aligning the holes on the switch casting base with the holes in the lock cylinder housing. Minor movement of the lock cylinder to align the actuator pin with slot in switch carrier may be required.
2. Install the new break-off head bolts and tighten until heads shear off. Connect the electrical connector to the ignition switch. To complete installation reverse removal procedure.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|