Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Tow rigs and trailers
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 5th, 2010, 05:36 PM   #441
gotsand?
sie sehen mich rollin ...
 
gotsand?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-04-06
Location: New Era, MI --- "We passed BFE 35 minutes ago."
Posts: 3,335
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to gotsand?
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullsize4life View Post
You can argue with me all you want. It means nothing to me.
you just crack me up is all.....you wont concede that there could be something out there better than a 12v because you own one......

one way to look at is this.....there is nothing different between the block of a 1960's 350, and a 2010 corvette 350 block.....what IS different is the intake, fuel delivery, etc...etc...etc....

well by the way you make it sound, the 60's motor would be the better choice, when the newer motor is not only better on fuel (because of enhacements) it makes more power, lasts longer and is more efficient in every way.

another way to look at it is evolution.....without it, you would still be hunched over and beating your woman with a club all happy about fire....instead you get to be on here arguing with me
gotsand? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 05:54 PM   #442
toolow4i75
Beer me!
 
toolow4i75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-08
Location: detroit area,mi.
Posts: 589
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geardrive View Post
front view 1947 diamond t
hell yea!
toolow4i75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 06:02 PM   #443
Tab
Senior Member
 
Tab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Freeland, mi
Posts: 4,761
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsand? View Post
you just crack me up is all.....you wont concede that there could be something out there better than a 12v because you own one......

one way to look at is this.....there is nothing different between the block of a 1960's 350, and a 2010 corvette 350 block.....what IS different is the intake, fuel delivery, etc...etc...etc....

well by the way you make it sound, the 60's motor would be the better choice, when the newer motor is not only better on fuel (because of enhacements) it makes more power, lasts longer and is more efficient in every way.

another way to look at it is evolution.....without it, you would still be hunched over and beating your woman with a club all happy about fire....instead you get to be on here arguing with me
not to nitpik but I don't think that the 2010 vette uses a 350?
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 06:23 PM   #444
toolow4i75
Beer me!
 
toolow4i75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-08
Location: detroit area,mi.
Posts: 589
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Click image for larger version

Name:	tn.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	71661
toolow4i75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 06:28 PM   #445
scottie
American Leyland??
 
scottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sweet home Georgia on my mind
Posts: 8,488
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to scottie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolow4i75 View Post
Is that a micro machine?
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 06:38 PM   #446
toolow4i75
Beer me!
 
toolow4i75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-08
Location: detroit area,mi.
Posts: 589
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Is that a micro machine?
Feel free to enlarge the pic, I dont know how.
toolow4i75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 07:50 PM   #447
Fullsize4life
Kicking Cancers ASS
 
Fullsize4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-06
Location: Hart, Mi (next to silver lake)
Posts: 18,757
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsand? View Post
you just crack me up is all.....you wont concede that there could be something out there better than a 12v because you own one......

one way to look at is this.....there is nothing different between the block of a 1960's 350, and a 2010 corvette 350 block.....what IS different is the intake, fuel delivery, etc...etc...etc....

well by the way you make it sound, the 60's motor would be the better choice, when the newer motor is not only better on fuel (because of enhacements) it makes more power, lasts longer and is more efficient in every way.

another way to look at it is evolution.....without it, you would still be hunched over and beating your woman with a club all happy about fire....instead you get to be on here arguing with me

When you pull the fuel mileage towing I am ill listen to you. If your 24v is the greatest why do most guys p-pump them when they want more power, go faster ECT. Like i said your arguments dont mean shit to me. I know what i know, you like to try and tell me what i should know. 12v, 24v CR, they all serve a purpose. For what i do mine suites me just fine and the payment is the best part, ( i have none). When they are giving CR's away ill be first in line to get a free one and slap a smarty tune and a stack on it and go role out some ricers. For now ill stick with my 250,000 miles 12v that runs better today than it did the day it was made.
Fullsize4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 09:38 AM   #448
gotsand?
sie sehen mich rollin ...
 
gotsand?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-04-06
Location: New Era, MI --- "We passed BFE 35 minutes ago."
Posts: 3,335
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to gotsand?
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab View Post
not to nitpik but I don't think that the 2010 vette uses a 350?
you know what I mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullsize4life View Post
When you pull the fuel mileage towing I am ill listen to you. If your 24v is the greatest why do most guys p-pump them when they want more power, go faster ECT. Like i said your arguments dont mean shit to me. I know what i know, you like to try and tell me what i should know. 12v, 24v CR, they all serve a purpose. For what i do mine suites me just fine and the payment is the best part, ( i have none). When they are giving CR's away ill be first in line to get a free one and slap a smarty tune and a stack on it and go role out some ricers. For now ill stick with my 250,000 miles 12v that runs better today than it did the day it was made.
ok....so what are you getting? and dont go by the overhead, what are your actual numbers?
gotsand? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 06:05 PM   #449
Fullsize4life
Kicking Cancers ASS
 
Fullsize4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-06
Location: Hart, Mi (next to silver lake)
Posts: 18,757
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I pull 18mpg consistently towing my jeep at 70mph. 24mpg unloaded on the highway. 15 around town ( more idle time that driving most of the time).

Now the only reason you are arguing is cause you have a 24v and i have a 12v. Im never gonna admit anything you say is right. Reason 1 is you like thornbirds, Reason 2 you told be your dads Super Duty did not have a trac bar. It is what it is.
Fullsize4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #450
bearlys2005
Senior Member
 
bearlys2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-13-06
Location: Macomb, Michigan
Posts: 951
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

My latest tow rig... 04, 8.1, loaded with everything..,.

bearlys2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 09:29 PM   #451
Tab
Senior Member
 
Tab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Freeland, mi
Posts: 4,761
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearlys2005 View Post
My latest tow rig... 04, 8.1, loaded with everything..,.

:rainbow: nice minivan!
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 09:40 PM   #452
bearlys2005
Senior Member
 
bearlys2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-13-06
Location: Macomb, Michigan
Posts: 951
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab View Post
:rainbow: nice minivan!
UR such a dick,,, I posted it knowing you'd mess with me.
bearlys2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 09:55 PM   #453
gotmudd1992
Senior Member
 
gotmudd1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-12-10
Location: eastpointe, MI
Posts: 167
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to gotmudd1992
Default



not to bad for a $900 clunker
gotmudd1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 07:50 AM   #454
gotsand?
sie sehen mich rollin ...
 
gotsand?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-04-06
Location: New Era, MI --- "We passed BFE 35 minutes ago."
Posts: 3,335
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to gotsand?
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullsize4life View Post
I pull 18mpg consistently towing my jeep at 70mph. 24mpg unloaded on the highway. 15 around town ( more idle time that driving most of the time).

Now the only reason you are arguing is cause you have a 24v and i have a 12v. Im never gonna admit anything you say is right. Reason 1 is you like thornbirds, Reason 2 you told be your dads Super Duty did not have a trac bar. It is what it is.
Ok and the only reason you are arguing with me is because I have a 24v and you have a 12 v.

Now in response to your other reasons.....Reason 1) yes I like thornbirds, I get everywhere I need to with 33" thornbirds.....I dont feel the need to over compensate for my small penis with huge ass tires/rims, 5 foot of lift or even a 460 that cost me $5000 to build and I still couldnt keep it running
Reason 2) I ate my words on the track bar issue and admitted you were right....does that happen so in frequently at your house that you have to bring up the times your are, even if it was from 4 years ago?

Now, you got me on towing (even though my fully loaded 5th wheel weighs 2-3 times as much as your jeep).....I get about 14 towing at 70....empty we are the same, but bombing around town with lots of idling I pull around 18-20.

We can continue to argue this till the end of time, but the truth is you are a politicians son and you will never admit when you are wrong.

lets just agree to disagree
gotsand? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 08:06 AM   #455
Mr. Beefy
Randy did it.
 
Mr. Beefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-11-07
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Posts: 10,988
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Default

Fight to the death
__________________

Dakota Truggy Tons and 43's
07 CTD tow pig With the goodies

Thank you to Jeeperz Creeperz Off Road

Cool stuff at Ironman Offroad
Mr. Beefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 08:14 AM   #456
Ironman Offroad
Cool parts peddler
 
Ironman Offroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-10
Location: Saginaw, Michigan
Posts: 1,506
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearlys2005 View Post
My latest tow rig... 04, 8.1, loaded with everything..,.

Sweet!
Ironman Offroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 11:36 AM   #457
bearlys2005
Senior Member
 
bearlys2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-13-06
Location: Macomb, Michigan
Posts: 951
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman Offroad View Post
Sweet!
Thanks Dale, I like it... Shouldn't have an issue towing my stuff.
bearlys2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 11:46 AM   #458
f-250
diesel
 
f-250's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-14-10
Location: royal oak michigan
Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post




i have the same truck but its 250 but how much lift is that ive been debaiting on a lift height
f-250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 05:05 PM   #459
Fullsize4life
Kicking Cancers ASS
 
Fullsize4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-06
Location: Hart, Mi (next to silver lake)
Posts: 18,757
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsand? View Post
Ok and the only reason you are arguing with me is because I have a 24v and you have a 12 v.

Now in response to your other reasons.....Reason 1) yes I like thornbirds, I get everywhere I need to with 33" thornbirds.....I dont feel the need to over compensate for my small penis with huge ass tires/rims, 5 foot of lift or even a 460 that cost me $5000 to build and I still couldnt keep it running
Reason 2) I ate my words on the track bar issue and admitted you were right....does that happen so in frequently at your house that you have to bring up the times your are, even if it was from 4 years ago?

Now, you got me on towing (even though my fully loaded 5th wheel weighs 2-3 times as much as your jeep).....I get about 14 towing at 70....empty we are the same, but bombing around town with lots of idling I pull around 18-20.

We can continue to argue this till the end of time, but the truth is you are a politicians son and you will never admit when you are wrong.

lets just agree to disagree

My father has nothing to do with this. You started this fucking argument by being a jack ass. I could give a fukc less what anyone thinks.
Fullsize4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 05:28 PM   #460
mud22
Senior Member
 
mud22's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-06
Location: Muskegon, MI
Posts: 135
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Who gives a shit, 12v or 24v, it's still a Cummins so it's bad ass.
mud22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Tow rigs and trailers
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.30456 seconds with 53 queries