What the hell is going on? Republican quoting the bible during session? - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 10th, 2010, 07:49 AM   #1
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,759
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default What the hell is going on? Republican quoting the bible during session?

seriously? I don't believe in the whole man made climate change, but this d-bag is quoting the bible stating that climate change isn't going to harm us because the bible says so.

This guy is seriously going to try to be the energy chairman?


__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old November 10th, 2010, 07:56 AM   #2
howell_jeep
Last Free Man
 
howell_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Howell Twp, MI 48836
Posts: 10,848
iTrader: (69)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Who cares? One group is spouting their belief in global warming, another in God.
__________________
I SHOOT RAW!
---

Exercise your rights! Open Carry!
howell_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 08:00 AM   #3
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,759
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by howell_jeep View Post
Who cares? One group is spouting their belief in global warming, another in God.


argh.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 09:01 AM   #4
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,878
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by howell_jeep View Post
Who cares? One group is spouting their belief in global warming, another in God.
one theory has science backing it up, the other doesn't.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 09:10 AM   #5
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Our founding fathers open session with prayer for hours before any business began.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 09:13 AM   #6
howell_jeep
Last Free Man
 
howell_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Howell Twp, MI 48836
Posts: 10,848
iTrader: (69)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
one theory has science backing it up, the other doesn't.
Really? What science backs up the Bible? There certainly isn't any science backing up man made warming.
__________________
I SHOOT RAW!
---

Exercise your rights! Open Carry!
howell_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 09:19 AM   #7
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
one theory has science backing it up, the other doesn't.
How's the school teacher business going?????
My daughter is teaching at two schools, she loves her jobs. Thats cool
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 09:34 AM   #8
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 22,361
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Default

What's the problem? Our country did just fine for the first 200 years. Then everybody started bitching about prayer in school and elsewhere and now look where we are. I suppose you prefer the Muslim as president because it cuts down on Christianity.............
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 10:06 AM   #9
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,878
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by howell_jeep View Post
Really? What science backs up the Bible? There certainly isn't any science backing up man made warming.
You're right, The theory of the Greenhouse Effect is just a conspiracy dating back over a 100 years (probably by masons, knights templar, illuminati, or all 3). The scientists motive: profit.

1. Convince everyone that the greenhouse effect is real.
2. ?????
3. Profit.

Last edited by mikesova; November 10th, 2010 at 10:09 AM.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 10:13 AM   #10
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,759
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
What's the problem? Our country did just fine for the first 200 years. Then everybody started bitching about prayer in school and elsewhere and now look where we are. I suppose you prefer the Muslim as president because it cuts down on Christianity.............

Our founding fathers wanted separation of church and state.

They did not want the energy chairman making laws about emission regulations because the bible states that after the great flood, we would not be punished anymore.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 10:23 AM   #11
howell_jeep
Last Free Man
 
howell_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Howell Twp, MI 48836
Posts: 10,848
iTrader: (69)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
You're right, The theory of the Greenhouse Effect is just a conspiracy dating back over a 100 years (probably by masons, knights templar, illuminati, or all 3). The scientists motive: profit.

1. Convince everyone that the greenhouse effect is real.
2. ?????
3. Profit.
Are you talking about the "scientists" that were making up data to support this "theory" that man contributes to the greenhouse effect?
__________________
I SHOOT RAW!
---

Exercise your rights! Open Carry!
howell_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 10:34 AM   #12
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Our founding fathers wanted separation of church and state.

They did not want the energy chairman making laws about emission regulations because the bible states that after the great flood, we would not be punished anymore.
The separation you talk about is what they the founding fathers left Europe from to come here, North America.
They did not want the state telling them who or what to worship. Why then did they print and give away bibles? Teaching from the bible was manditory. They held church in the White house. The courts have writings from the bible on the walls.
How is that what you call separation of church and state?
Our founding fathers embraced Christianity and promoted it. You can deny it but the writing is on the wall, literally.
Your version of what you want it to be is not what our founding fathers intended it to be but you know more about what our founding fathers wanted for this country then they themselves.
It is what you were taught in school and you believed what your teachers told you, so it's really not your fault.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 10:36 AM   #13
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
You're right, The theory of the Greenhouse Effect is just a conspiracy dating back over a 100 years (probably by masons, knights templar, illuminati, or all 3). The scientists motive: profit.

1. Convince everyone that the greenhouse effect is real.
2. ?????
3. Profit.
The methane gas produced from cows is greater then that of people.
But you knew that.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 10:48 AM   #14
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,878
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
The methane gas produced from cows is greater then that of people.
But you knew that.
Factory farming is a major contributor to greenhouse gas.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:07 AM   #15
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,456
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Our founding fathers open session with prayer for hours before any business began.
For hours? My understanding is they had an opening prayer. What subjective source did you find this information?
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #16
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Factory farming is a major contributor to greenhouse gas.
So what's your point? Go back to the old way of farming. Anything we do will not destroy the earth. Remember back in thr 70's how the polution was a problem? The rivers were brown and dumping was a real problem. Things now are alot cleaner then what they used to be. Recycle and reuse and do our part is the right thing to do.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:10 AM   #17
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
For hours? My understanding is they had an opening prayer. What subjective source did you find this information?
Wall Builders where else.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:17 AM   #18
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,456
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
The separation you talk about is what they the founding fathers left Europe from to come here, North America.
They did not want the state telling them who or what to worship. Why then did they print and give away bibles? Teaching from the bible was manditory. They held church in the White house. The courts have writings from the bible on the walls.
How is that what you call separation of church and state?
Our founding fathers embraced Christianity and promoted it. You can deny it but the writing is on the wall, literally.
Your version of what you want it to be is not what our founding fathers intended it to be but you know more about what our founding fathers wanted for this country then they themselves.
It is what you were taught in school and you believed what your teachers told you, so it's really not your fault.
Why do you insist on talking out of your ass? Once again, provide a founding document (Constitution, ect) that has Jesus Christ mentioned in it.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:18 AM   #19
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,456
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

I can't win. I can vote for socialist douchbags that want to plung this country into massive debt or I can vote for conservative whack jobs that want to force feed me their religious views.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:24 AM   #20
howell_jeep
Last Free Man
 
howell_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Howell Twp, MI 48836
Posts: 10,848
iTrader: (69)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Our founding fathers wanted separation of church and state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
Why do you insist on talking out of your ass? Once again, provide a founding document (Constitution, ect) that has Jesus Christ mentioned in it.
Where did our founding fathers put seperation of church and state? Last time I read the Consitution, it wasn't there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
I can't win. I can vote for socialist douchbags that want to plung this country into massive debt or I can vote for conservative whack jobs that want to force feed me their religious views.
Vote Libertarian.
__________________
I SHOOT RAW!
---

Exercise your rights! Open Carry!
howell_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.28190 seconds with 82 queries