For the the Christians on the Right... - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 13th, 2010, 03:40 PM   #1
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default For the the Christians on the Right...

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...tthew+25:31-46
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old August 13th, 2010, 04:04 PM   #2
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,974
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Yup....That's why we go to soup kitchens, support missionaries, help the homeless and all that. Thanks for the reminder. Also keep in mind that he also says "I am the way, the truth, and the light. No one comes to the father except through me". This means that those acts (that I'm assuming you're saying we don't do and you do) are not the Sole way to get to heaven. Christ is. You've rejected him so you won't even get through him. No matter what you do for people here on earth.
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2010, 06:58 PM   #3
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Yup....That's why we go to soup kitchens, support missionaries, help the homeless and all that. Thanks for the reminder. Also keep in mind that he also says "I am the way, the truth, and the light. No one comes to the father except through me". This means that those acts (that I'm assuming you're saying we don't do and you do) are not the Sole way to get to heaven. Christ is. You've rejected him so you won't even get through him. No matter what you do for people here on earth.
Well, good points, but not relevant to the post. I didn't say you don't do any of those things, did I? No.

I'm pointing this out because, as the name of the post suggests, "For the Christians on the Right", it's intended to remind those that don't want health care for the poor, for example, yet they tout their Christian ideology.

Since I know what a true Christian you are, I have no doubt that you want health care for all people, and for no one to live in poverty. I mean, hey, that is pretty obvious you would feel that way.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2010, 08:10 PM   #4
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,974
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Well, good points, but not relevant to the post. I didn't say you don't do any of those things, did I? No.

I'm pointing this out because, as the name of the post suggests, "For the Christians on the Right", it's intended to remind those that don't want health care for the poor, for example, yet they tout their Christian ideology.

Since I know what a true Christian you are, I have no doubt that you want health care for all people, and for no one to live in poverty. I mean, hey, that is pretty obvious you would feel that way.
Well, I hate to tell you this, but I don't want Health Care, from the Government, for everybody. The bible teaches that the church should be responsible for taking care of the Down trodden. Actually, as many have stated before, National Healthcare is against what the founding fathers wanted for this country. It's one step to close to something that allows the Government to force people to do something they have the right to not have.

I would love for people to have the ability to take care of them selves, I want to be clear about that. I don't, however, want it to be a Government Controlled thing.
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2010, 10:58 PM   #5
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,109
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

There will always be poor people and there will be the people in the middle and there will be always rich people.
Some people can't handle money and some can. It is not the governments job to take care of the people. The government can barely take care of what they do as far as being cost effiecent(wasting money)
Christians do more for the poor than the liberal left and they make less money too.
To give freely and from the heart is what God wants us to do.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2010, 10:41 AM   #6
mudford
Senior Member
 
mudford's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-01-09
Location: Midland, MI
Posts: 146
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I never saw government mentioned in that passage. Charity is a personal responsibility based on our compassion for the person in need. I think that is the problem with the Progressives, they don't understand personal responsibility or compasion.
mudford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 09:22 AM   #7
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,555
iTrader: (35)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Well, I hate to tell you this, but I don't want Health Care, from the Government, for everybody. The bible teaches that the church should be responsible for taking care of the Down trodden. Actually, as many have stated before, National Healthcare is against what the founding fathers wanted for this country. It's one step to close to something that allows the Government to force people to do something they have the right to not have.

I would love for people to have the ability to take care of them selves, I want to be clear about that. I don't, however, want it to be a Government Controlled thing.
Well said.
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #8
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Well, I hate to tell you this, but I don't want Health Care, from the Government, for everybody. The bible teaches that the church should be responsible for taking care of the Down trodden Even healthcare?. Actually, as many have stated before, National Healthcare is against what the founding fathers wanted for this country Show me where the founding fathers opposed to that.. It's one step to close to something that allows the Government to force people to do something they have the right to not have. Hey, just because we make it available doesn't mean you have to use it. If you would rather stay home sick, then hey....

I would love for people to have the ability to take care of them selves, I want to be clear about that. I don't, however, want it to be a Government Controlled thing.
Our government ALREADY pays billions for people that can't get insurance. A universal system would cost us far less, and this has been proven over and over.

I guess you're lucky enough to have insurance. Good for you. I guarantee you there's at least a dozen people on this sitethat have been out of work for a while now and couldn't afford COBRA, and have families, and have no insurance. What say you to them?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 04:41 PM   #9
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudford View Post
I never saw government mentioned in that passage. Charity is a personal responsibility based on our compassion for the person in need. I think that is the problem with the Progressives, they don't understand personal responsibility or compasion.
Well, I'm a progressive, and I demonstrate a pretty good understanding, given my career position and my standard of living. No one handed it to me. But what about those that lost jobs after 20 years and haven't been able to get one yet and have no insurance? What about them? Are you going to say that they have no personal responsibility?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 05:13 PM   #10
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,974
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Our government ALREADY pays billions for people that can't get insurance. A universal system would cost us far less, and this has been proven over and over.

I guess you're lucky enough to have insurance. Good for you. I guarantee you there's at least a dozen people on this sitethat have been out of work for a while now and couldn't afford COBRA, and have families, and have no insurance. What say you to them?
I would say, nice to be with Good Company. I have no insurance at the moment, nor have I had it out side of my parents Insurance. I will be getting it soon though, because I've worked at a Place and moved up to a position where I get it.

Sure, If we don't want to use it we dont' have to BUT we'll have to pay to not use it. That would be the Definition of making someone do something they shouldn't have to do. If I don't want health insurance, I shouldn't have to Pay to NOT have it. I should be able to just not have it. The founding fathers did not want to fine someone for a Freedom they Naturally have.

The Church is not going to pay for healthcare but should help those that need food/shelter/getting back on thier feet.
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 08:21 AM   #11
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,950
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Well, good points, but not relevant to the post. I didn't say you don't do any of those things, did I? No.

I'm pointing this out because, as the name of the post suggests, "For the Christians on the Right", it's intended to remind those that don't want health care for the poor, for example, yet they tout their Christian ideology.
one of the worst analogies ever.

I don't see anyone suggesting that we deny healthcare. (a universal/rationed system will do that by the way.) I have also posted numerous credible links backing that statement up.

There are however obviously those that oppose more entitlement programs and the continued leveraging of our future generations with unsustainable liberal programs - this has nothing to do with our own personal works of service.

I have the right to bear arms. I do not have the right to a Government issued weapon.

I have the right to eat, I do not have the right to force others to pay for my food.

I have the right to work, I do not have the right to force others to pay me not to work.


For all you crazy whackjobs that want to follow Euro models of Governing take a long hard serious look at their socialized medical systems. Take a long hard look at their long standing eco-friendly, anti-oil stances on energy and ask why aren't there any technological breakthroughs coming out of Europe in green energy.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 07:31 PM   #12
mudford
Senior Member
 
mudford's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-01-09
Location: Midland, MI
Posts: 146
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Well, I'm a progressive, and I demonstrate a pretty good understanding, given my career position and my standard of living. No one handed it to me. But what about those that lost jobs after 20 years and haven't been able to get one yet and have no insurance? What about them? Are you going to say that they have no personal responsibility?
The point I was making was about the giver. It means that you should have compasion for people in need and help them out. That is the personal responsibility. Your heart tells you to give to them. Your motivation is love.

When the government is in the middle, taking money from you without your consent (high taxes) and administering it how they see fit it doesn't help anything. The person getting taxed eventually will become bitter about how much money is being taken, and the way it is spent(programs that don't work). The person receiving the money from the government starts to think that they disserve it(entitled to it). They are not grateful for the help anymore. They end up getting more and more dependant on the government.

The government takes the love, compassion, responsibility, and gratefulness out of equation.
mudford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 07:41 PM   #13
osteologation
Everyday I'm Shufflin'
 
osteologation's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-31-08
Location: Caro, MI
Posts: 1,709
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I work as a sales rep. Port Huron used to be part of my territory. I used to ask Canadians about universal healthcare. Most were positive. One was married to an American woman and had seen the struggles her retired parents have went through. Fixed income increasing medical costs. He said Canada wasn't like that thankfully. And when his son got cancer and needed a bone marrow transplant he got it free of charge. Sounds good to me, if we can implement it.
osteologation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 07:59 PM   #14
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,109
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by osteologation View Post
I work as a sales rep. Port Huron used to be part of my territory. I used to ask Canadians about universal healthcare. Most were positive. One was married to an American woman and had seen the struggles her retired parents have went through. Fixed income increasing medical costs. He said Canada wasn't like that thankfully. And when his son got cancer and needed a bone marrow transplant he got it free of charge. Sounds good to me, if we can implement it.
And Canadians pay through the nose for their health care that is bankrupting the country. It is not free by any means. The lines for the care needed are long and many people die waiting for life saving procedures that here in this country are done asap.
A friend of mine had his dad go in for a check up and they found a small quarter size spot on his lung, They said we need to get a biopsie of that and said they would make an appointment for him and let him know. Four months later that spot had grown and by the time they had a bed for him to do the surgery they removed his entire lung. If the cancer would have moved any faster he would have died and no surgery would be needed. That is only one story of people waiting to get care from a hospital in Canada.
If your not sick and only need to see a doctor once or twice a year maybe thats good but the taxes they they pay there are very high.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 08:00 PM   #15
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,109
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
one of the worst analogies ever.

I don't see anyone suggesting that we deny healthcare. (a universal/rationed system will do that by the way.) I have also posted numerous credible links backing that statement up.

There are however obviously those that oppose more entitlement programs and the continued leveraging of our future generations with unsustainable liberal programs - this has nothing to do with our own personal works of service.

I have the right to bear arms. I do not have the right to a Government issued weapon.

I have the right to eat, I do not have the right to force others to pay for my food.

I have the right to work, I do not have the right to force others to pay me not to work.


For all you crazy whackjobs that want to follow Euro models of Governing take a long hard serious look at their socialized medical systems. Take a long hard look at their long standing eco-friendly, anti-oil stances on energy and ask why aren't there any technological breakthroughs coming out of Europe in green energy.
well said
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 08:54 PM   #16
toast
i break stuff
 
toast's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-14-07
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 480
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Our government ALREADY pays billions for people that can't get insurance. A universal system would cost us far less, and this has been proven over and over.

I guess you're lucky enough to have insurance. Good for you. I guarantee you there's at least a dozen people on this sitethat have been out of work for a while now and couldn't afford COBRA, and have families, and have no insurance. What say you to them?
Instead of screwing around on a forum that discusses matters like this, try harder to find any job that can give them an income, i mean any type of income........I mean really.....seriously...... do you actually read what you type or is it just an involuntary regergitation of all the b.s. you hear and read on what ever left-winged propaganda shoveling web site or t.v. show that tugs at your blind heart strings.

Have you ever heard of triping and falling down, what happens next, ya get back up.....and hopefully you don't trip over the same thing twice.


BUST YOUR ASS EVERY DAY....AND IF THAT DOESN'T GET YOU WHAT YOU WANT, THEN WORK HARDER........


MAN!.........WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE THAT WANT EVERYTHING HANDED TO THEM OR PROVIDED FOR THEM BY THEIR GOVERNMENT.


What happens when a government povides something of great value and we condition ourselves to depend on it, then they take it away quicker than hey gave it.............and we have nothing to fall back on because the freebie droped the bottom of the market so low that free enterprise couldn't stay in business.....well then the government holds all the market and can charge what ever they want to who ever they want because there is no competition.

The writing is on the wall, open your eye's and read
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 08:56 PM   #17
osteologation
Everyday I'm Shufflin'
 
osteologation's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-31-08
Location: Caro, MI
Posts: 1,709
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
Instead of screwing around on a forum that discusses matters like this, try harder to find any job that can give them an income, i mean any type of income........I mean really.....seriously...... do you actually read what you type or is it just an involuntary regergitation of all the b.s. you hear and read on what ever left-winged propaganda shoveling web site or t.v. show that tugs at your blind heart strings.

Have you ever heard of triping and falling down, what happens next, ya get back up.....and hopefully you don't trip over the same thing twice.


BUST YOUR ASS EVERY DAY....AND IF THAT DOESN'T GET YOU WHAT YOU WANT, THEN WORK HARDER........


MAN!.........WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE THAT WANT EVERYTHING HANDED TO THEM OR PROVIDED FOR THEM BY THEIR GOVERNMENT.


What happens when a government povides something of great value and we condition ourselves to depend on it, then they take it away quicker than hey gave it.............and we have nothing to fall back on because the freebie droped the bottom of the market so low that free enterprise couldn't stay in business.....well then the government holds all the market and can charge what ever they want to who ever they want because there is no competition.

The writing is on the wall, open your eye's and read
not everything is a conspiracy. stop being so paranoid.
osteologation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 09:04 PM   #18
toast
i break stuff
 
toast's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-14-07
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 480
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by osteologation View Post
not everything is a conspiracy. stop being so paranoid.
Thank you for making my point by missing my point, completely
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 09:18 PM   #19
osteologation
Everyday I'm Shufflin'
 
osteologation's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-31-08
Location: Caro, MI
Posts: 1,709
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
Thank you for making my point by missing my point, completely
wrong
osteologation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2010, 02:19 PM   #20
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
one of the worst analogies ever.

I don't see anyone suggesting that we deny healthcare. (a universal/rationed system will do that by the way.) I have also posted numerous credible links backing that statement up.

There are however obviously those that oppose more entitlement programs and the continued leveraging of our future generations with unsustainable liberal programs - this has nothing to do with our own personal works of service.

I have the right to bear arms. I do not have the right to a Government issued weapon.

I have the right to eat, I do not have the right to force others to pay for my food.

I have the right to work, I do not have the right to force others to pay me not to work.


For all you crazy whackjobs that want to follow Euro models of Governing take a long hard serious look at their socialized medical systems. Take a long hard look at their long standing eco-friendly, anti-oil stances on energy and ask why aren't there any technological breakthroughs coming out of Europe in green energy.
No technological breakthroughs. Come on Rue, you know better. That's such BS.

And their government pays less per person for their healthcare than we do and most of our population HAS health insurance. And from my European experience, people are in excellent health. Hey, maybe you've spent more time there than me (shrug).

For me this isn't about whether or not people have THE RIGHT to healthcare, it's a matter of our being a society that CAN give helathcare to all but chooses not to. We can also end hunger in this nation. We can also make the change to renewable energy sources. Many American companies and individuals are already doing it with great success.

Funny how you are vehemently opposed to providing for all of us, but endorse making corporations less accountable to the American people, even when their headquarters are in another country, their earnings go to the Caymen Islands, and they outsource theri work all over the world.

Seems like you are against the good of the people, and more concerned with the good of the corporations.

Well, that's your right. I hope you are happy when we all live in the Corporate States of the Americas. (Psssst... That's what Mussolini wanted for Italy.).
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.43158 seconds with 81 queries