Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old July 11th, 2010, 07:31 PM   #1
ouchman
Senior Member
 
ouchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-11-06
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 2,315
iTrader: (17)
Send a message via Yahoo to ouchman Send a message via Skype™ to ouchman
the explanation of chrisianitys oragins

__________________
support the sport- www.GLFWDA.org - member

Quote:
Dear Travelers,
You won't see London and you won't see France, until we see your underpants!
Sincerely, TSA Officers
ouchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 07:53 PM   #2
ouchman
Senior Member
 
ouchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-11-06
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 2,315
iTrader: (17)
Send a message via Yahoo to ouchman Send a message via Skype™ to ouchman
__________________
support the sport- www.GLFWDA.org - member

Quote:
Dear Travelers,
You won't see London and you won't see France, until we see your underpants!
Sincerely, TSA Officers
ouchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 07:53 PM   #3
ouchman
Senior Member
 
ouchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-11-06
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 2,315
iTrader: (17)
Send a message via Yahoo to ouchman Send a message via Skype™ to ouchman
__________________
support the sport- www.GLFWDA.org - member

Quote:
Dear Travelers,
You won't see London and you won't see France, until we see your underpants!
Sincerely, TSA Officers
ouchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #4
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 5,983
iTrader: (3)
Trolling?
You need better bait.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 08:29 PM   #5
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,867
iTrader: (5)
I guess I'll bite.


It's an interesting work. "This text has more to do with Astrology then Anything else" is a quote. Romans 1:18-20 would link up with that. Except it would be reversed. Isn't God amazing at how he works those things into his creation. :D

How many 'other religions' are still around? Main stream. I see that alot of the religions had similar ideas. It still comes down to a matter of faith. Which, judging by what you spout out here, is something you don't like. Not one single thing all three of those videos said was anything revolutionary to the Christian world.

Here's the kicker though, I can pray to my God about my friends, family, even people like you and he will answer those prayers Specifically. We can ask for help from God and he will give it to us. I've seen Miracles that where specifically raised to MY God and they were answered. All the interpretations of the history of the world cannot deny what I have seen with my own eyes. I think you'll find that most 'real' Christians will share that view.

I don't know why people bother with this stuff, honestly. You believe what you believe (science, what ever) and I'll believe what I believe. Don't think for a Minute that I won't let you know where I believe your going though. Because I don't want anybody to go there.

There is a quote from a avid atheist about the above paragraph. It goes like this. "How much do you have to hate someone to not tell them about eternal Damnation". When talking about someone coming up to you and talking to you about God. Don't be offended, we're just trying to make sure you know where you stand in our Beliefs. The Crusades and the like are human mistakes. Proving that we are just that, Human.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 08:47 PM   #6
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 5,983
iTrader: (3)
I was wondering if you bite on this Scott and you did. and again you make perfect sence in your statments. You do say about people looking at this stuff and I believe they are searching for God. God does leave an empyiness in our heart for Him and expects us to go after Him and knows that the enemy set traps for the foolish to fall into and then you have other (Christains) people to try and expalin to them that that is the wrong way. Lets hope they are not too proud to listen to advice.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 10:48 PM   #7
Yota Bill
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 08-24-08
Location: Morrice, Mi
Posts: 3,229
iTrader: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post

Here's the kicker though, I can pray to my God about my friends, family, even people like you and he will answer those prayers Specifically. We can ask for help from God and he will give it to us. I've seen Miracles that where specifically raised to MY God and they were answered. All the interpretations of the history of the world cannot deny what I have seen with my own eyes. I think you'll find that most 'real' Christians will share that view.
people can find codes in random strings of numbers, even when the numbers are purely random...they can feel the bumps on another persons head, tell their future, and it will come true...they can make dolls and incantations cursing a person, and the curse will come true...why? Because people want it to be, they believe it, and they look for it, even when its not there.

I'm not saying that you are wrong to believe in your faith, I applaud you for standing up for what you believe in.

what I am saying though, is that people will believe what they want, and they will find truth in what they believe to be true, regardless of what that is. Arguing with another person, trying to convince them that what they believe is wrong, is pointless, because they will always find "facts" that prove they are right. Some of the people on here who do not believe what you do are trying to suck you into these arguments to help them prove to themselves that they are right. You are simply wasting your time. The whole religion-versus-science debate is completely pointless, since neither side can prove anything, and neither side will give in without proof.


the videos were interesting though...
Yota Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 10:59 PM   #8
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,867
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Bill View Post
people can find codes in random strings of numbers, even when the numbers are purely random...they can feel the bumps on another persons head, tell their future, and it will come true...they can make dolls and incantations cursing a person, and the curse will come true...why? Because people want it to be, they believe it, and they look for it, even when its not there.

I'm not saying that you are wrong to believe in your faith, I applaud you for standing up for what you believe in.

what I am saying though, is that people will believe what they want, and they will find truth in what they believe to be true, regardless of what that is. Arguing with another person, trying to convince them that what they believe is wrong, is pointless, because they will always find "facts" that prove they are right. Some of the people on here who do not believe what you do are trying to suck you into these arguments to help them prove to themselves that they are right. You are simply wasting your time. The whole religion-versus-science debate is completely pointless, since neither side can prove anything, and neither side will give in without proof.


the videos were interesting though...
The Video were interesting for sure. IN the case of those videos, however, I can take it at a different view and see alot of that information as proof that Christianity is right. You're absolutely right in saying that (that it's about perspective). That being said, There are things I've experienced that are not explainable, Even as Coincidence. Any view you look at them, It's unexplainable and Specific.

Oh, I know they troll around looking to stir the pot. I enjoy it. I also see it as a way to put a different light on my faith. Alot of people have outrageous and simply wrong views on what Christianity is and I am here to show them what it really is (using the bible, which in this case, is fine because it's our holy word).
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 11:06 PM   #9
Yota Bill
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 08-24-08
Location: Morrice, Mi
Posts: 3,229
iTrader: (11)
OK, disregarding religion all togethor, since that is a pointless discussion, and only about the videos:

how does showing that other religions had the same stories hundreds or thousands of years before christanity began prove that christanity is right, and not just copied from the previous religions that told the same stories?
Yota Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 09:14 AM   #10
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,867
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Bill View Post
OK, disregarding religion all togethor, since that is a pointless discussion, and only about the videos:

how does showing that other religions had the same stories hundreds or thousands of years before christanity began prove that christanity is right, and not just copied from the previous religions that told the same stories?
It doesn't to you. It does to me. However, Maybe back then the people had more of a Connection with what ever diety is out there and that's why all the religions had similar ideas. I'm just throwing this out there, just an idea. NOw, take any of those religions and see which ones are still around. It's not a very good way to prove anything but if all those religions were similar why haven't the other ones lasted or are as prevalent?

If Jesus did anything, which I believe he did everything, he brought the Hebrew religion into a new light and made it more 'fitting' for the times. So much so that it's still practiced 2000 years later. He made an impact in this world it's just to bad us humans had to mess it up.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 10:18 PM   #11
Yota Bill
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 08-24-08
Location: Morrice, Mi
Posts: 3,229
iTrader: (11)
ok, so your faith is completely blind, to the point that you can take something that suggests one thing, and say that it actually proves something completely opposite, and not feel a need to explain that...OK, good insight into the mind of the religous, I would say...

you know, though, another way to look at that same situation...how much longer will christanity last? It has already been split into many sects, that are fighting with each other over which is right, and has quite obviously lost popularity at least in the last generation or two.

civilizations begin, grow, and then fail, as do governments, and religions...
Yota Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 12:24 AM   #12
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,867
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Bill View Post
ok, so your faith is completely blind, to the point that you can take something that suggests one thing, and say that it actually proves something completely opposite, and not feel a need to explain that...OK, good insight into the mind of the religious, I would say...
There are certain things in there that did oppose my beliefs, but they weren't huge. For an example of what I'm talking about, It was mentioned about the number 12 being used alot. That it was an astronomical number. Well, I see that as God making that number special. He made the stars, so why it makes perfect sense to me that he might leave certain clues to his existence in the stars. Not only that, but earlier civilizations could have seen the Correlation and put thier own beliefs about them. Making it appear (from the Authors viewpoint) that because one civilization noticed the trend first that it's thier's solely and any other civilization after that mentioned it is automatically null and void.

Quote:
you know, though, another way to look at that same situation...how much longer will christanity last? It has already been split into many sects, that are fighting with each other over which is right, and has quite obviously lost popularity at least in the last generation or two.

civilizations begin, grow, and then fail, as do governments, and religions...
Couldn't agree more. It is loosing it's appeal. What force is behind that is opinion on either side. I would say it's Satan's handywork. What better way to keep God's Children from him then Discredit his religion. On that note, though, If Christianity is right, the fact that it's becoming less popular is showing that the end is coming, according to Revelation. What you personally do with that information is up to you.

Quite honestly though, I don't think Christianity will ever 'Stop' because of the shear nature of it's teachings. I mean, it will stop when God decides to throw this world into the recycle bin and start over with V2.0. The Gospels' ability to be relevant is amazing and is why, IMO, it's lasted so long.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 01:55 AM   #13
OldSailor
AKA GreyShrink
 
OldSailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-29-06
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 521
iTrader: (0)
I thought this trolling was over a couple of days ago?
OldSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 11:12 AM   #14
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,297
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSailor View Post
I thought this trolling was over a couple of days ago?
It never ends here.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 05:04 PM   #15
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,302
iTrader: (12)
I found a site that is just as accurate as Wallbuilders. I get all of my religious information from this site and I reqard the information as infallible fact.

http://www.adultswim.com/shows/moral-orel/video.html
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 05:22 PM   #16
Yota Bill
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 08-24-08
Location: Morrice, Mi
Posts: 3,229
iTrader: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
There are certain things in there that did oppose my beliefs, but they weren't huge. For an example of what I'm talking about, It was mentioned about the number 12 being used alot. That it was an astronomical number. Well, I see that as God making that number special. He made the stars, so why it makes perfect sense to me that he might leave certain clues to his existence in the stars. Not only that, but earlier civilizations could have seen the Correlation and put thier own beliefs about them. Making it appear (from the Authors viewpoint) that because one civilization noticed the trend first that it's thier's solely and any other civilization after that mentioned it is automatically null and void.

ah. good point, I honestly did not even look at it that way.
Yota Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010, 09:45 PM   #17
BooGTS
Boost Withdrawl
 
BooGTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Royal Oak
Posts: 2,685
iTrader: (28)
I wont even bother looking at something posted by someone who is illiterate.
BooGTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 03:54 PM   #18
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Bill View Post
The whole religion-versus-science debate is completely pointless, since neither side can prove anything, and neither side will give in without proof.
Science begins with theory (hyposthesis), followed by exploration and experimentation, the gathering of empirical evidence (facts) to support or disprove the hypothesis, then published in peer review (thesis) for anyone that so chooses to do their own testing and, possibly, debate (argue) the thesis.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 10:50 PM   #19
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,867
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Science begins with theory (hyposthesis), followed by exploration and experimentation, the gathering of empirical evidence (facts) to support or disprove the hypothesis, then published in peer review (thesis) for anyone that so chooses to do their own testing and, possibly, debate (argue) the thesis.
Yup. That is how science works. Could we say this : Science cannot be used to solely argue Theology neither can Theology be used to solely to argue Science. However, I believe they can both be housed in side one mind and used. You can't Disprove God with Science. By Definition.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2010, 11:09 AM   #20
doomsick
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 330
iTrader: (0)
When we embrace Paganism today we need to be careful not to embrace age-old ignorance and misconceptions. The magicians of the Stone Age were first scientists of our world; they were astronomers, herbalists, meteorologists, geologists, brain-surgeons (trepanning), dentists, mathematicians and you name it, and what they essentially did was to try to figure out how everything works. However, because of the fact that they had to start from scratch, most of what they saw was an illusion, and most of their theories were wrong. In the process they discovered some healthy, timeless and universal truths though, and these truths we should all wholeheartedly embrace. They really saw and understood what is good for mankind, what is essential and what is right, like eugenics, and all of this, my dear reader, is what makes up modern Paganism. It is only reactionary to be a Pagan in the same manner as our distant forefathers. We need a modern scientific worldview resting on a foundation made up of the Pagan values and ideals; loyalty, wisdom, courage, love, discipline, honesty, intelligence, beauty, responsibility, health and strength. It might be romantic, beautiful, charming and even fascinating to practise Paganism like our forefathers did, but it is utterly reactionary and meaningless.

What makes Paganism different from Judeo-Christianity is the fact that Paganism is not dogmatic. Judeo-Christianity will disappear, or at the very best be reduced to some cult for idiots (and it already has, to some extent), because their dogmas are based on ignorance and misconceptions. Only the stupid will continue to believe in "God" (any god!) or the parthenogenesis when we know that these ideas are based on the ignorance and misconceptions of the Stone Age man. Back then they didn't know any better, but we do know. For example, we know that spirits don't control the flight of the sun; we know that it only appears to us as if the sun is born and dies every day, because the Earth rotates around its own axis. We also know that the very concept of gods was born because these imaginary spirits were anthropomorphized in the late Stone Age and the Bronze Age. Whether we believe in several or just one god makes no difference, it is the same folly. Further, they didn't know that it was the sexual intercourse that made the women pregnant; they believed the sunrays did, or the rain, or that they could transfer Mother Earth's fertility to the women by whipping their bottoms with birch boughs in the spring. The idea of the parthenogenesis was possible only because 2.000 years ago a lot of the Middle Easterners still didn't know how women got pregnant. Today we all know better.

The Australian aborigines were and still are too stupid to understand that there are no spirits. The Negroes and other inferior races were and still are too stupid to understand that there are no gods or a god either. The smartest Europeans rejected religion and the belief in god for a second time in the XVth century, when the science of the classical Antiquity had a Renaissance, and the belief in God turned into a religion for the dumbest amongst us (and the Reformation came as a result of this; they tried to rid Christianity of all the Stone Age humbug, but as we know they only partly succeeded). The Eastern Asians, the brilliant Japanese and Koreans, and the Chinese too, soon followed and have stayed on the path of science ever since.

If it is supposed to serve a purpose Paganism needs to be an ideology, not a religion, and the gods and goddesses must be seen as a role models to us and not as actual beings of any kind. Quite a few questions remain unanswered by science, alright, like we don't really know from whence we come, nor whither we go when we die, or even if we go anywhere at all, so in these cases we can always turn to the myths for answers. In all instances where we know better than our forefathers did we should and must always replace myths and religion with facts and reason. The magicians did so too, whenever they could, and would have kept doing so had they not been murdered by the lackeys of the Jews, when Europe was Christianized (id est mentally enslaved!), from the IVth century and onwards.
VV



Average IQ: Group: The majority of them believe in:
56 Australian aborigines Spirits
62-67 Negroes Spirits and Gods or God/"Allah"
85 American natives Spirits and Gods or God
85 Arabs/Iranians/Pakistanis God/"Allah"
85 Indians Gods
90 Turks/Central Asians God/"Allah"
90 Indonesians/Indo-Chinese God/"Allah"
100 Europeans Science
105 Eastern Asians Science
doomsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.27974 seconds with 53 queries