. - Page 3 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The recycle bin.
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The recycle bin. Posts deemed annoying. If you see your post here, take a hint.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 16th, 2010, 01:22 PM   #41
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,400
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignred23 View Post
Yeah i am. Im against socialism and all that but i had an idea and i shared it, no need to get ur panties in a bunch.
Not sure how you are against socialism.
I mean.
You kind of descibed a socialist approach to business (in a way).
Because if the leader was voted in by employees, everyone would be compensated the same. Otherwise, those making less would not be happy. And choose to vote for someone else.
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 16th, 2010, 01:22 PM   #42
cglenn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Location: .
Posts: 5,719
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

It just won't happen. Personally I don't care if old people are CEOs and such, I just get pissed when I go for an interview and I have to compete with old people for a job they really shouldn't apply for, but since the economy is fucked I have no choice.
It's not like a young guy is gonna compete with old people for a CEO position anyway, usually you have to work your way up the ladder to get to be a CEO unless you inherit the company or something. By the time you work your way up you'll probably be older anyway, maybe not as old as the CEOs are now but still.
cglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 01:23 PM   #43
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,400
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglenn View Post
It just won't happen. Personally I don't care if old people are CEOs and such, I just get pissed when I go for an interview and I have to compete with old people for a job they really shouldn't apply for, but since the economy is fucked I have no choice.
It's not like a young guy is gonna compete with old people for a CEO position anyway, usually you have to work your way up the ladder to get to be a CEO unless you inherit the company or something. By the time you work your way up you'll probably be older anyway, maybe not as old as the CEOs are now but still.
So you have interviewed for a few CEO positions lately?
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 01:25 PM   #44
cglenn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Location: .
Posts: 5,719
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw™ View Post
So you have interviewed for a few CEO positions lately?
Perhaps. I applied to be the president of Gibson guitars not too long ago I think. They still haven't called back but I'll wait.

I should have separated that sentence better. I meant I don't care that old people are CEOs. I care that old people who should apply for jobs way higher on the ladder like they used to work at are now taking entry level jobs that I should be getting. It's hard to get your foot in the door with a company when someone else who has worked that field for many years will gladly take that job.
cglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #45
Bignred23
Full Throttle
 
Bignred23's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-21-10
Location: Holly, Michigan
Posts: 125
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw™ View Post
Not sure how you are against socialism.
I mean.
You kind of descibed a socialist approach to business (in a way).
Because if the leader was voted in by employees, everyone would be compensated the same. Otherwise, those making less would not be happy. And choose to vote for someone else.
Oh i agree it is a more socialist approach. But for instance i think it would be a better setup at a couple jobs i have had because of the people running the business arent doing nearly as much to bring in customers as they should be. I wouldnt want the government in any of the business' elections tho. Trust me i can go on another rant about how the government has brainwashed us lol
Bignred23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 01:41 PM   #46
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 21,358
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignred23 View Post
Oh i agree it is a more socialist approach. But for instance i think it would be a better setup at a couple jobs i have had because of the people running the business arent doing nearly as much to bring in customers as they should be. I wouldnt want the government in any of the business' elections tho. Trust me i can go on another rant about how the government has brainwashed us lol
Yeah, I can see where that would apply at McDonald's.

I'm guessing you don't have much experience with how business works. The reason the older people have more experience is because they have paid their dues. Do you really think they all bypassed starting at the bottom and working their way up the ladder? They just magically jumped to the CEO position? To be truthful, that's more prevalant now than in years past. A lot of companies are bypassing the older experienced people in favor of young college graduates that don't have a clue.

Get in line, pay your dues and if you're worth a shit, you will get the opportunity when it's available. If you don't have the patience, quit bitching about it and go start your own business to compete with them. After all, it's obvious you know how to do it better.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 01:45 PM   #47
winters98tj
Senior Member
 
winters98tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-20-07
Location: Madison Heights,MI 48071
Posts: 324
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

So...
You are young. You start your own business. It flourishes. You make a ton of money--more than you can ever spend. Now here's the question? Do you work at this success until you're dead? Or just into your 70's or 80's---cause your own kids are rich kid idiots.


Well......?
winters98tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 01:53 PM   #48
Bignred23
Full Throttle
 
Bignred23's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-21-10
Location: Holly, Michigan
Posts: 125
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Yeah, I can see where that would apply at McDonald's.

I'm guessing you don't have much experience with how business works. The reason the older people have more experience is because they have paid their dues. Do you really think they all bypassed starting at the bottom and working their way up the ladder? They just magically jumped to the CEO position? To be truthful, that's more prevalant now than in years past. A lot of companies are bypassing the older experienced people in favor of young college graduates that don't have a clue.

Get in line, pay your dues and if you're worth a shit, you will get the opportunity when it's available. If you don't have the patience, quit bitching about it and go start your own business to compete with them. After all, it's obvious you know how to do it better.
Yeah... It was just an idea dude, i wouldnt have posted it if i would have known it was going to bother you so much, sorry to ruin your day.
Anyways you are right, i don't know much about business, i am not a business major. I was just curious on what people thought about it
Bignred23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 01:53 PM   #49
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,400
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winters98tj View Post
So...
You are young. You start your own business. It flourishes. You make a ton of money--more than you can ever spend. Now here's the question? Do you work at this success until you're dead? Or just into your 70's or 80's---cause your own kids are rich kid idiots.


Well......?
That depends on the desire of the person.
Who cares how much money they have. If they are effective.....great. I planned on retiring in my 40's. Some of my investments did not pan out. I now plan on retiring in my early 50's. That is my choice. I know people that are in their 70's still working (some part time). They are working because they are dman good at what they do. If there was someone more capable, I would hire them dependant on age.
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 01:59 PM   #50
cglenn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Location: .
Posts: 5,719
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Who starts successful businesses these days? All I hear is fail, fail, fail.
But if the scenario is true, I can see how people would not want to leave their business when they are old, it is like a kid to them. They raised it. However the CEOs you are complaining about chances are didn't start those companies to begin with, either they worked their way up or got hired in.
cglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 02:06 PM   #51
winters98tj
Senior Member
 
winters98tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-20-07
Location: Madison Heights,MI 48071
Posts: 324
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

So is the key then???????????????

Click image for larger version

Name:	retirement-demotivational-poster-1246565803.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	59409
winters98tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 02:21 PM   #52
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 21,358
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winters98tj View Post
So...
You are young. You start your own business. It flourishes. You make a ton of money--more than you can ever spend. Now here's the question? Do you work at this success until you're dead? Or just into your 70's or 80's---cause your own kids are rich kid idiots.


Well......?
Why does it matter? As far as rich kids idiots, that again depends on the family. I work for a privately owned company. There are a total of 6 kids who work here in one way or another. A couple of them couldn't hold a real job. But the rest do a damn good job and have the business ethics that their fathers did that made the company successful. I look around and can say that most of the kids are some of the hardest working people in the company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignred23 View Post
Yeah... It was just an idea dude, i wouldnt have posted it if i would have known it was going to bother you so much, sorry to ruin your day.
Anyways you are right, i don't know much about business, i am not a business major. I was just curious on what people thought about it
hahahaha....... you hardly have the ability to ruin my day. Sorry that if you post a stupid idea that someone will tell you it's stupid. Maybe instead I should just tell you to go stand in a corner for time out.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 02:29 PM   #53
Hacksaw
WWSD - What would stan do
 
Hacksaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Isle Of TREASURE, FL
Posts: 11,204
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignred23 View Post
Yeah... It was just an idea dude, i wouldnt have posted it if i would have known it was going to bother you so much, sorry to ruin your day.
Anyways you are right, i don't know much about business, i am not a business major. I was just curious on what people thought about it
Are you a deep fryer or grill major? Never mind, clearly you're the dumb ass operating the drive through window.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 02:30 PM   #54
cglenn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Location: .
Posts: 5,719
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackSaw View Post
Are you a deep fryer or grill major? Never mind, clearly you're the dumb ass operating the drive through window.
"How's the hole?"
"Um, ok I guess."
"Well it looks like you're keeping it clean."
cglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 02:48 PM   #55
Bignred23
Full Throttle
 
Bignred23's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-21-10
Location: Holly, Michigan
Posts: 125
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

No actually I'm not.... I am proud of my job and education. Obviously i can't express my ideas without someone being an ass hole right? I guess not.
Thanks for your opinions. You all are so polite
Bignred23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 02:51 PM   #56
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,400
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Your welcome.
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 02:55 PM   #57
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winters98tj View Post
is it just me? or is anyone else fed up with the elders of our country kind of messing the country up? Let me explain:

Does it not seem odd that we have so many politicians and CEO's and other business leaders that continue to work past what is/was considered the normal age of retirement? Dingell,Levin's,Patterson,as politicians;Ceo's of Home Depot,General Electric, CBS; hell,look around where you work and see if this isn't true there. Too many people above age 60 still working because they "can't afford to retire"?

Is it that they can't afford to retire or they want to make more money?Is it "greed"? How much money do these people need? Many of them have more money than they could possibly spend or truly need.

Did they not take advantage of the good times to put a little away for their golden years? I know times are hard now, but in a career we all have had some drastic ups and downs financially. And the majority of us are not sitting on "mattresses stuffed with cash or War Chests of Money".

I also believe that if you reach your senior years, yes, though you may have experience, you lack the ability to stay in touch with reality--does your grandparents really understand the needs of this century's teens, or the needs of anyone under 40? Not really-lest the few that actually communicate and interact with their underlings. Do these politicians even know what the Majority of americans are facing? Hell no, they don't have to worry about mortgages, Health Care costs, or even the cost of bread and milk...



It just upsets me that there are so few decent jobs these days and simply if many of the AARP aged persons had actually laid out a better plan for retirement at an appropriate age there would be an abundance of excellent opportunities for so many americans that are hurting in todays economy.
Go buy your RV- and travel the country like you are supposed to do. PLay golf. Go visit your relatives and tell the same boring stories over and over. Go square dancing and all of the things that you always wanted to do--afterall you don't have to go to work--YOU ARE RETIRED!

Let's let the 30 and 40 year old's make some of the decisions--they are closer to being in touch than you oldsters.Hell they may actually get some of today's problems solved with up to date solutions!


END OF RANT----Sorry it just seems like everyone is too politically correct to point such idiocracies out.


you win a ride in the douche canoe.

"youth is so wasted on the young"
ignoring the wisdom of the elderly is what has fucked up our nation.

I will and have continued to hire people older than me (37) for the simple reason that they have ethics, a desire to produce, prompt, don't give bullshit excuses, have respect and know what it means to work for a paycheck.

no longer will I hire young fucking kids except to clean the bathroom. they are so filled with and expect to show up on friday to get a check after calling in sick all week. I have tried many a time to hire new grads, younger kids, etc. to give them a chance. you know what, they always fukc it up.
if you are losing your job opportunities to older folks, go blame your parents and yourself, not them.

sorry but the young kids of today simply don't want to hear the truth about what a bunch of fucked up lazy wasted sperm they and their parents are.

Last edited by ovrlnd; March 16th, 2010 at 02:59 PM.
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 03:20 PM   #58
winters98tj
Senior Member
 
winters98tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-20-07
Location: Madison Heights,MI 48071
Posts: 324
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

It is highly amazing to me that:
a. I never used any gutter style language in my posts---yet those that do cannot express their opinion without it.
b. No one here can give any credence to the points that what have any OLDER RICH People in elevated positions gained by staying around "too long" that has benefitted the masses?
c. This opinion is no different than bellybuttons......Everyone has one,their own is OK, but others are not.

Do you think that Kennedy, Dingell, or the Levin's really get anything done in Washington? Maybe some youthful exuberance like yours would and could move things along at a faster pace.

Just my 2 cents......
winters98tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 03:32 PM   #59
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,400
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winters98tj View Post
It is highly amazing to me that:
a. I never used any gutter style language in my posts---yet those that do cannot express their opinion without it.
b. No one here can give any credence to the points that what have any OLDER RICH People in elevated positions gained by staying around "too long" that has benefitted the masses?
c. This opinion is no different than bellybuttons......Everyone has one,their own is OK, but others are not.

Do you think that Kennedy, Dingell, or the Levin's really get anything done in Washington? Maybe some youthful exuberance like yours would and could move things along at a faster pace.

Just my 2 cents......
Business is not intended to benefit the masses.
Business is intended to benefit the owner/shareholders. If a 100+ year old man is the best at doing so, then he should be the one in charge.

End of story
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 03:42 PM   #60
winters98tj
Senior Member
 
winters98tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-20-07
Location: Madison Heights,MI 48071
Posts: 324
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Not just business there... what about Politicians? or answer this: Do you want 65 year old fireman or police officers? How about E.M.T.'s? I am not saying they are worthless or not intelligent from their life experiences....I am asking why not let the next generations move in to do the same. Younger people are not all the A holes that other posters seem to think they are. There are enormous amounts of people that are worthwhile and more vital.



Hey this was just a simple rant and a few simple bullet points. I kind of like that this thread must have ignited some reaction. Call it my first real pub experience. Hey you never know we could actually continue this over a beer someday.
winters98tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The recycle bin.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.48641 seconds with 82 queries