whacko baptists who were stealing haitian kids. - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 4th, 2010, 08:33 PM   #1
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,616
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default whacko baptists who were stealing haitian kids.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35235514...ti_earthquake/


I'm so happy they're charging these nutcases.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old February 4th, 2010, 08:54 PM   #2
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,811
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 09:26 PM   #3
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,508
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Good stuff!
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 09:52 PM   #4
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,811
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35235514...ti_earthquake/


I'm so happy they're charging these nutcases.
I've been following this story for a couple days, the article you posted doesn't highlight the douche-baggery enough.

Haiti says Baptists may be tried in US

Quote:

The 33 kids, ranging in age from 2 months to 12 years and with their names written in tape on their shirts, were being sheltered in a temporary children's home, where some told aid workers that they have surviving parents. Lassegue said the Social Affairs Ministry was trying to find them.

"One (9-year-old) girl was crying, and saying, 'I am not an orphan. I still have my parents.' And she thought she was going on a summer camp or a boarding school or something like that," said George Willeit, a spokesman for the SOS Children's Village.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 07:48 AM   #5
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,994
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I've been following this story for a couple days, the article you posted doesn't highlight the douche-baggery enough.

Haiti says Baptists may be tried in US

Quote:
The 33 kids, ranging in age from 2 months to 12 years and with their names written in tape on their shirts, were being sheltered in a temporary children's home, where some told aid workers that they have surviving parents. Lassegue said the Social Affairs Ministry was trying to find them.

"One (9-year-old) girl was crying, and saying, 'I am not an orphan. I still have my parents.' And she thought she was going on a summer camp or a boarding school or something like that," said George Willeit, a spokesman for the SOS Children's Village.

I find this story very interesting. I also find the Bias undertones to be ridiculous, at best. To be honest, they didn't need to mention it was a group of Baptists. Or even that they were affiliated with God. But they did, And I'm not surprised.

Also, Sova, I see what you did there with the 9 year old girl quote. Made it out to look like the Kidnappers tricked her into getting in the van with Candy or something. While thier actions and intentions are not completely known, or condoned, I can imagen that thier parents probably gave them up and told them "You're going to a Camp for a while" so the kids wouldn't struggle. No parent would ever tell thier child that they are letting them go because they can't afford to feed them anymore and that they wouldn't see them again. "Sorry Son, I have to give you up to these people because I can no longer afford to take care of you. Have a Good life, Don't do drugs, Stay in school." That just doesn't happen.

I think the Missionaries had the right idea and did more then any body on here would have done. They went down there to help; they took action. I think that's great. I'm sad that they weren't smart enough to go through the proper channels though. It almost sounds like the leader of this group may have jumped the gun because of heightened Emotions. JMO.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 07:52 AM   #6
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
I find this story very interesting. I also find the Bias undertones to be ridiculous, at best. To be honest, they didn't need to mention it was a group of Baptists. Or even that they were affiliated with God. But they did, And I'm not surprised.

.
Why is it bias to say there from a baptist church ?

They are right? It's the truth.
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 08:00 AM   #7
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,994
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder xj View Post
Why is it bias to say there from a baptist church ?

They are right? It's the truth.
Yeah, it's true. But the article is painting a all to common picture. One that makes Christians Look either like horrible people, or like complete idiots. This one is a Twofer.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 08:20 AM   #8
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,579
iTrader: (36)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

If it's any consolation, when I see or hear "Baptists", I think nothing of Christians.

Baptists are, um, out there.
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 08:26 AM   #9
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
If it's any consolation, when I see or hear "Baptists", I think nothing of Christians.

Baptists are, um, out there.
Down here they go door to door and wake me up sometimes.
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 08:27 AM   #10
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Baptists are, um, out there.

Especially those living in the western boroughs.
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 08:30 AM   #11
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,811
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Good stuff!
It's sad really, but I'm not sure what you mean. I have two theories. One, "Good stuff" is referring to the possibility that these people will be punished for their uncool actions.

The second theory is "good stuff" refers to you thinking that you agree with what they were doing.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 08:30 AM   #12
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,811
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
If it's any consolation, when I see or hear "Baptists", I think nothing of Christians.

Baptists are, um, out there.
uh, yeah.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 08:38 AM   #13
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,811
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
I find this story very interesting. I also find the Bias undertones to be ridiculous, at best. To be honest, they didn't need to mention it was a group of Baptists. Or even that they were affiliated with God. But they did, And I'm not surprised.

Also, Sova, I see what you did there with the 9 year old girl quote. Made it out to look like the Kidnappers tricked her into getting in the van with Candy or something. While thier actions and intentions are not completely known, or condoned, I can imagen that thier parents probably gave them up and told them "You're going to a Camp for a while" so the kids wouldn't struggle. No parent would ever tell thier child that they are letting them go because they can't afford to feed them anymore and that they wouldn't see them again. "Sorry Son, I have to give you up to these people because I can no longer afford to take care of you. Have a Good life, Don't do drugs, Stay in school." That just doesn't happen.

I think the Missionaries had the right idea and did more then any body on here would have done. They went down there to help; they took action. I think that's great. I'm sad that they weren't smart enough to go through the proper channels though. It almost sounds like the leader of this group may have jumped the gun because of heightened Emotions. JMO.
You don't know and I don't know. I'm just going by what the story said.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 08:47 AM   #14
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,127
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
I find this story very interesting. I also find the Bias undertones to be ridiculous, at best. To be honest, they didn't need to mention it was a group of Baptists. Or even that they were affiliated with God. But they did, And I'm not surprised.

Also, Sova, I see what you did there with the 9 year old girl quote. Made it out to look like the Kidnappers tricked her into getting in the van with Candy or something. While thier actions and intentions are not completely known, or condoned, I can imagen that thier parents probably gave them up and told them "You're going to a Camp for a while" so the kids wouldn't struggle. No parent would ever tell thier child that they are letting them go because they can't afford to feed them anymore and that they wouldn't see them again. "Sorry Son, I have to give you up to these people because I can no longer afford to take care of you. Have a Good life, Don't do drugs, Stay in school." That just doesn't happen.

I think the Missionaries had the right idea and did more then any body on here would have done. They went down there to help; they took action. I think that's great. I'm sad that they weren't smart enough to go through the proper channels though. It almost sounds like the leader of this group may have jumped the gun because of heightened Emotions. JMO.
The way sova and most radiacal left wingers is to paint Christains in a negative light as to make themselves look like they are doing the right thing in telling others that Christians are not who they say they are and cannot be trusted. But what I have noticed is that liberals usually blame conservitives of what they themselves are most guilty of themself.
In this case these people went in to help children in need and give them a chance. Who knows what happened to their parents, dead or as L4 said it given up to a better life. Hatii is the poorest nation in the western hemisphere. Maybe Sova would like to go down there and do some good for humanity and bring us back the real picture and then see the spin he puts on it.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 08:52 AM   #15
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
The way sova and most radiacal left wingers is to paint Christains in a negative light as to make themselves look like they are doing the right thing in telling others that Christians are not who they say they are and cannot be trusted. But what I have noticed is that liberals usually blame conservitives of what they themselves are most guilty of themself.
In this case these people went in to help children in need and give them a chance. Who knows what happened to their parents, dead or as L4 said it given up to a better life. Hatii is the poorest nation in the western hemisphere. Maybe Sova would like to go down there and do some good for humanity and bring us back the real picture and then see the spin he puts on it.
So I take it you think it's ok to take kids out of their country without the right paperwork ? There was nothing wrong with doing it the right way christians or not.
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 08:58 AM   #16
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,127
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
It's sad really, but I'm not sure what you mean. I have two theories. One, "Good stuff" is referring to the possibility that these people will be punished for their uncool actions.

The second theory is "good stuff" refers to you thinking that you agree with what they were doing.
Children being sold into salvery is a commomn practice down there. Parents can't care for or feed their kids so the sell them hopeing they will have a chance at a better life.
I would think that the kids would be better off with Christians than others with maybe not so good intentions for the kids. Sweat shops, hard labor, sex slave etc.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #17
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder xj View Post
Why is it bias to say there from a baptist church ?

They are right? It's the truth.
I agree, that's why I think whenever a crime is committed they should tell us if it was a Nergo, Mexican, Arab, ect. We should know the truth.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 09:57 AM   #18
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
I agree, that's why I think whenever a crime is committed they should tell us if it was a Nergo, Mexican, Arab, ect. We should know the truth.
What ever . that wouldn't bug Me at all. they should say christian ,muslim , atheist and so on to why not.

Last edited by disorder xj; February 5th, 2010 at 10:01 AM.
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 10:07 AM   #19
Yetti
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
 
Yetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 20 minutes south of Hell...
Posts: 14,385
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

the part I find odd is how they think they could waltz in pick up 30 or so odd kids and then hit the border like its just a shopping trip? didn't they think they would need papers for each one? or did they have forged papers already prepared?
__________________
Yetti
Yetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 10:10 AM   #20
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder xj View Post
What ever . that wouldn't bug Me at all. they should say christian ,muslim , atheist and so on to why not.
Fags, straight, democraps, , hell yeah....
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.30815 seconds with 81 queries