Whacko Pat Robertson explains why the earthquake hit haiti yesterday - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 13th, 2010, 02:37 PM   #1
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,722
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default Whacko Pat Robertson explains why the earthquake hit haiti yesterday

http://www.breitbart.tv/they-have-be...-to-the-devil/


Just in case you guys didn't realize, that haiti worked with the devil to be free from the french.


I learn something new every day
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 13th, 2010, 10:27 PM   #2
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,798
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Default

What a jackass.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 10:32 PM   #3
forbyefore
.
 
forbyefore's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-14-07
Location: Bay City/AuGres, MI
Posts: 1,436
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I knew there would be a reason I shouldn't feel sorry for them. Serves them right for playing with the Devil.
forbyefore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 10:33 PM   #4
JohnnyJ
Low Range Drifter
 
JohnnyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Hartland, MI
Posts: 6,340
iTrader: (38)
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Default

He's in the same category as Al-Qaida with his use of religion to push his agenda of hate.
__________________
Neither Skinny Nor Pretty DEAK Racing 4517 Ultra 4 Mod Class Rig
Surviving Project Car Hell - We have all been there
JohnnyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 10:42 PM   #5
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJ View Post
He's in the same category as Al-Qaida with his use of religion to push his agenda of hate.
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 11:47 PM   #6
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,996
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

:facepalm: <sigh>
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 08:03 AM   #7
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,858
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

I almost posted this when I heard about it, but I didn't think it would be any fun because I didn't think anybody would agree with Pat. Come on people, show me wrong! ;)
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 08:46 AM   #8
WSU JK
Senior Member
 
WSU JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-25-08
Location: Lowering the Per-Capita Income of Bloomfield Hills since 2009!
Posts: 2,644
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I normally could care less what Robertson says, but when I saw him actually say it, he just sounded like such a retard.

I don't know how that girl he was talking to kept her jaw from hitting the floor.
WSU JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 08:48 AM   #9
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,996
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I almost posted this when I heard about it, but I didn't think it would be any fun because I didn't think anybody would agree with Pat. Come on people, show me wrong! ;)
I find it interesting that Even Though Patty says they made a pact with the Devil that he still wants for them to be helped and, in turn, "come to know God". However, The theology behind his reasoning is off. God Does not punish People because they turn away from him, they simply see the affects of that sin in thier lives. In This case, It was simply a Natural Disaster. I agree with the thought process of this being a way for people to turn to God, but I disagree with the idea that God punished them in order to get them back to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSU JK View Post
I normally could care less what Robertson says, but when I saw him actually say it, he just sounded like such a retard.

I don't know how that girl he was talking to kept her jaw from hitting the floor.
I would guess because she is one of his employees and probably believes everything he says.

Last edited by L4CX; January 14th, 2010 at 08:51 AM.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 08:54 AM   #10
SANDVIPR
Yeeeee Haaaaw!
 
SANDVIPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-10-06
Location: Holland
Posts: 7,649
iTrader: (58)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

I laughed my ass off when I heard that this morning!!!
SANDVIPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:03 AM   #11
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,858
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
I find it interesting that Even Though Patty says they made a pact with the Devil that he still wants for them to be helped and, in turn, "come to know God". However, The theology behind his reasoning is off. God Does not punish People because they turn away from him, they simply see the affects of that sin in thier lives. In This case, It was simply a Natural Disaster. I agree with the thought process of this being a way for people to turn to God, but I disagree with the idea that God punished them in order to get them back to him.



I would guess because she is one of his employees and probably believes everything he says.
I want to be clear here, are you saying that you think that the earthquake was a result of "their" (all Haitians) "sins"?
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:03 AM   #12
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl
Senior Member
 
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-08
Location: 49442
Posts: 17,180
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default



That guy is such an a-hole.
__________________
http://www.glfwda.org/
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:04 AM   #13
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,722
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I want to be clear here, are you saying that you think that the earthquake was a result of "their" (all Haitians) "sins"?
Did they sin by cutting down all of the trees, letting the top soil blow away, and then raping every woman on the island 17 times a day because there is nothing else to do?
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:13 AM   #14
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,858
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Did they sin by cutting down all of the trees, letting the top soil blow away, and then raping every woman on the island 17 times a day because there is nothing else to do?
Is that directed at me? I don't believe in "sin".
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:23 AM   #15
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,996
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I want to be clear here, are you saying that you think that the earthquake was a result of "their" (all Haitians) "sins"?
No, I was saying that it's a Result of the Earths Plates moving around. It was Natural. I did say that through natural Disasters people can be brought closer to God.

What I said about seeing the effects of thier sins was completely seperate from the Earthquake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Did they sin by cutting down all of the trees, letting the top soil blow away, and then raping every woman on the island 17 times a day because there is nothing else to do?

No.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:32 AM   #16
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,858
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
No, I was saying that it's a Result of the Earths Plates moving around. It was Natural. I did say that through natural Disasters people can be brought closer to God.

What I said about seeing the effects of thier sins was completely seperate from the Earthquake.




No.
Ok, I thought when you said:

"God Does not punish People because they turn away from him, they simply see the affects of that sin in thier lives. In This case, It was simply a Natural Disaster."

you meant that the Haitians were seeing the affects of sin in their lives taking the form of a natural disaster like an earthquake. Thank you for clearing it up. Although, I find it funny that events like this would bring people closer to religion. "Wow, my entire family was killed, now I know Jesus loves me."
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:37 AM   #17
SweetLeah
<3's Ridin' Dirty
 
SweetLeah's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: Oakland County
Posts: 2,869
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Ok, I thought when you said:

"God Does not punish People because they turn away from him, they simply see the affects of that sin in thier lives. In This case, It was simply a Natural Disaster."

you meant that the Haitians were seeing the affects of sin in their lives taking the form of a natural disaster like an earthquake. Thank you for clearing it up. Although, I find it funny that events like this would bring people closer to religion. "Wow, my entire family was killed, now I know Jesus loves me."
He said they bring people closer to God. God and religion are not one in the same.
SweetLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:38 AM   #18
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,722
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Is that directed at me? I don't believe in "sin".
That wasn't directed towards you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
No, I was saying that it's a Result of the Earths Plates moving around.
Silly question, but why did god design plate tectonics as opposed to making a smooth earth that doesn't shift?

Why has god punished the people of haiti for years and years?

Why did god make it so they don't have electricity so they had to cut down all of their forests?

Why did god let all the fertile soil blow away into the ocean?

Why did god let 31 people die in a single church in the port after his failed design of moving plates yesterday?

Why has god let thousands of women be constantly raped on Haiti?

Why has god ......






And no, the answer "to test peoples faith" is not good enough.
__________________

Last edited by clarkstoncracker; January 14th, 2010 at 09:42 AM.
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 10:05 AM   #19
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,722
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

L4CX, why did god do this?


Note, God killed many many kids, and children:




God crushed this person to death:



Why did god permanently scar this child, both emotionally and physically?

__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 10:13 AM   #20
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,858
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetLeah View Post
He said they bring people closer to God. God and religion are not one in the same.
True, they aren't the same. I believe religion exists, but I don't believe that a god exists.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Tags
god hates fags

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 1.60011 seconds with 81 queries