The missing link has been revealed today! The link from us to the animal kingdom - Page 44 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 6th, 2009, 05:42 PM   #861
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written:
"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."

Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.

Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.


1 Corinthians 1:18-30



Come on Dave, not a quote from the Bible.....again

Can't you be more live Sova, or PETE C and jump all over quoting things from people like Darwin, Obama, and Dr Suess....

Your just so stuck on your beliefs, don't you know we are in a time of wishy washy weak dickism.

Your not allowed to stand firm to your beliefs, unless Oprah says its OK.

Haven't you been listening, we are born we go through life abusing everthing possible then we die..... Dosen't that sound great, afterlife, ahhhh pooooeeee, who would want that.

Your new name is BIG DAVE THE GOD HAMMER
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old November 6th, 2009, 05:44 PM   #862
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written:
"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."

Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.

Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.


1 Corinthians 1:18-30
If he was looking for foolish he hit the gold mine with you

The more appropriate word would be gullible
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #863
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,698
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post

Your new name is BIG DAVE THE GOD HAMMER
HURAH~! lol
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2009, 05:49 PM   #864
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,698
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
If he was looking for foolish he hit the gold mine with you
Remember what color Sova called the kettle?
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2009, 05:50 PM   #865
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,698
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

The message of Jesus is foolishness to those who have not woken up to his calling. He loves every single one of us, how great is the love of God in Christ Jesus.

Please enjoy my favorite song

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2009, 06:09 PM   #866
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
If he was looking for foolish he hit the gold mine with you

The more appropriate word would be gullible
I would have to say more like firm with a good foundation that can't be shaken. Unlike the liberal complacent crap we see from others.....
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #867
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
If he was looking for foolish he hit the gold mine with you

The more appropriate word would be gullible
The way I see that scripture is God making the wise non believers of this world look foolish with there belief in global warming, evolution, the collapse of our finacial district, globally not only here. the economy and the failure of everything we see as something we can count on, something that is solid. It will come to the point that man will see that he is in control of nothing, not even his own destiny.
A foolish man will not accept counsel.

Last edited by aber61; November 8th, 2009 at 08:24 AM.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2009, 07:27 PM   #868
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
The message of Jesus is foolishness to those who have not woken up to his calling. He loves every single one of us, how great is the love of God in Christ Jesus.

Please enjoy my favorite song

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Can't hear your song BIG DAVE. Try again
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2009, 09:19 PM   #869
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Can't hear your song BIG DAVE. Try again
BIG DAVE THE GOD HAMMER
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 06:34 AM   #870
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,457
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

I'm within 35 miles of Mesiah right now (Washington D.C)
Nuggets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 08:25 AM   #871
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Going to protest against health care reform?
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 07:57 PM   #872
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,001
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written:
"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."

Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.

Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.


1 Corinthians 1:18-30
WOOT! Amen!

That is a Great Verse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
The way I see that scripture is God making the wise non believers of this world look foolish with there belief in global warming, evolution, the collapse of our finacial district, globally not only here. the economy and the failure of everything we see as something we can count on, something that is solid. It will come to the point that man will see that he is in control of nothing, not even his own destiny.
A foolish man will not accept counsel.
True, It's kind of like God saying "hey guys, You got it wrong, Just look over here and I'll show you what's good, holy, and perfect" But, then of course, most don't because they THINK they know what is right. :Shrug:



Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
If he was looking for foolish he hit the gold mine with you

The more appropriate word would be gullible
Once agiain, You find issues with a Christians Ability to stand firm in what they believe. Testing that against what they read, Hear, and are taught by the world.

When an unbelieving person looks at someone with such a Firm foundation they see it as being stuck and Shackled in one place. The Sad truth is that that view point couldn't be farther from the truth because that Foundation is THE ONLY foundation to set a life on and is the only foundation that can truly set us free from the shifting sands of life. Living on a Firm foundation allows one to be able to look up and pay attention to what is to come and what has happened. When you live in the shifting sand of life all you can do is look down and hope your next step won't be a bad one.
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 09:16 PM   #873
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,698
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
BIG DAVE THE GOD HAMMER
kaaaaaa.. plow!
internet fail due to disabling of embedded video, didnt know, here is the direct link to anyone interested, ignore the awkward beginning.
YouTube- David Crowder*Band - "How He Loves" OFFICIAL Music Video
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2009, 02:57 AM   #874
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,457
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Going to protest against health care reform?
Naw, just a wedding in Sterling Va. This place is nuts, I'm glad I don't live near here.
Nuggets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 12:55 PM   #875
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
Naw, just a wedding in Sterling Va. This place is nuts, I'm glad I don't live near here.
What the hell you doing up at 3 am on GL4x4....
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 01:33 PM   #876
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,457
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
What the hell you doing up at 3 am on GL4x4....
Couldn't sleep. I had access to the interweb in the hotel lobby.

edit: I had a hard time overcomming the erge to drive to D.C. and drop a duece on the Whitehouse lawn.

Last edited by Nuggets; November 10th, 2009 at 02:18 PM.
Nuggets is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.34256 seconds with 69 queries