Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 20th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #1
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,076
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default Mark Lloyd is the new FCC Czar

What happens when you put a communist in charge of the FCC/ media, internet/newspaper companies that have folded? He believes that the government should completly control the media in all aspects. No private ownership.
Are we going to become the new Russia?
I mam amazed at the company Obama keeps within his close circle of advisers.
Does anybody else have concerns about this?
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2009, 11:06 PM   #2
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
What happens when you put a communist in charge of the FCC/ media, internet/newspaper companies that have folded? He believes that the government should completly control the media in all aspects. No private ownership.
Are we going to become the new Russia?
I mam amazed at the company Obama keeps within his close circle of advisers.
Does anybody else have concerns about this?
My only concern is Obama isn't pushing his communist agenda hard or fast enough.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 07:14 AM   #3
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,076
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

We can only wait and see. 2012 cannot get here fast enough
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 07:16 AM   #4
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,301
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
We can only wait and see. The revolution cannot get here fast enough
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 07:18 AM   #5
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,301
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Mark Lloyd has joined the Federal Communications Commission in the newly created post of Associate General Counsel/Chief Diversity Officer.
Another concern I have is this. In a time when there is not enough money to go around why are we creating new positions? Shouldn’t we be cutting government?
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 07:55 AM   #6
traveller
Senior Member
 
traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-01-09
Location: williamston mi
Posts: 536
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.K. View Post
Another concern I have is this. In a time when there is not enough money to go around why are we creating new positions? Shouldn’t we be cutting government?
No, Obama's plan is that everything is messed up because we don't have enough government. Once we get a larger more powerful government all our problems will be fixed.
traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 12:36 PM   #7
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller View Post
No, Obama's plan is that everything is messed up because we don't have enough government. Once we get a larger more powerful government all our problems will be fixed.
sadly this couldn't be more true.
ovrlnd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 09:04 AM   #8
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,301
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Am I the only one that is really uncomfortable with the use of Czar? I dont care if it is/has been used before.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright ©2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.10331 seconds with 28 queries