Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 7th, 2009, 08:42 AM   #1
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,298
iTrader: (21)
Stolen Car help needed

My neighbors car was "stolen" yesterday. He said his kid was in Detroit/Redford and someone got her car. I am not sure of the whole story but he is a good guy so I said I would do what I can to help.

If anyone happens to see a white 1993 Olds Ninety Eight with the last 3 #s on the plate being 821 please call me. The car is in damn near new condition it isnt some beat up POS.

248-752-7611
Thanks,
Nick

I know it is a long shot but I figured it cant hurt to ask.

He said they already tried to register it in their names and the S.O.S. said nope. They tried saying they lost the title. Neighbor said the S.O.S. sent a new title to him.

He said they tried to register it in a Southfield office. It was stolen near Telegraph and Fenkell. Yes I know why someone would be in that area if they are not from that area. I am just trying to help the old guy out.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 08:57 AM   #2
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,302
iTrader: (12)
If I see an ancient Olds Ninety Eight in great condition up this way, I will check it out.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 11:27 AM   #3
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 24,321
iTrader: (44)
Looks like this?
Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 01:24 PM   #4
tsaguy
drink the hotdog water.
 
tsaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-17-08
Location: Big Mountain, Michigan 48458
Posts: 4,268
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
If I see an ancient Olds Ninety Eight in great condition up this way, I will check it out.
Don't you drive one?

On boggers?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
I do drive a jeep and I have puffed a peter maybe once or twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
I am willing to bet its a bunch of geriatric old farts bitching about anyone under 50 and touching each others weiners.
tsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 01:29 PM   #5
Red68Camaro
End nerd persecution
 
Red68Camaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-06
Location: Clarkston
Posts: 2,202
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.K. View Post
My neighbors car was "stolen" yesterday. He said his kid was in Detroit/Redford and someone got her car. I am not sure of the whole story but he is a good guy so I said I would do what I can to help.

If anyone happens to see a white 1993 Olds Ninety Eight with the last 3 #s on the plate being 821 please call me. The car is in damn near new condition it isnt some beat up POS.

248-752-7611
Thanks,
Nick

I know it is a long shot but I figured it cant hurt to ask.

He said they already tried to register it in their names and the S.O.S. said nope. They tried saying they lost the title. Neighbor said the S.O.S. sent a new title to him.

He said they tried to register it in a Southfield office. It was stolen near Telegraph and Fenkell. Yes I know why someone would be in that area if they are not from that area. I am just trying to help the old guy out.

I live near that SOS office. When did they try and register it? Today?
Red68Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 01:59 PM   #6
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,298
iTrader: (21)
Yesterday I believe. He called me at 8 am today.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 01:59 PM   #7
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,298
iTrader: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
Looks like this?
That doesnt look very white.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 02:05 PM   #8
spazbrevik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 04-06-09
Location: Milford,MI
Posts: 248
iTrader: (1)
The ninjas got it. Try driving around the neighborhood that it was stolen in early in the morning ( like 4 or 5 am). This has worked for my buddies in recovering their trucks.
spazbrevik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 02:07 PM   #9
kj kyle
Devil Dolphin
 
kj kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-09
Location: NAS Boca Chica
Posts: 2,193
iTrader: (11)
there's prolly 20s on it by now.
kj kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 02:10 PM   #10
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,298
iTrader: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazbrevik View Post
The ninjas got it. Try driving around the neighborhood that it was stolen in early in the morning ( like 4 or 5 am). This has worked for my buddies in recovering their trucks.
That is his plan. I guess 4 cars were stolen and they recovered 2 already.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.58852 seconds with 32 queries