What is an asshole? - Page 7 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 30th, 2009, 04:54 PM   #121
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,833
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
You're on a roll.
I've hardly found a reason to even get started yet.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old August 30th, 2009, 07:08 PM   #122
Fullsize4life
Kicking Cancers ASS
 
Fullsize4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-06
Location: Hart, Mi (next to silver lake)
Posts: 18,754
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default What is an asshole?

Steveo is an asshole. just ask him he will tell ya.
Fullsize4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 02:16 AM   #123
traveller
Senior Member
 
traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-01-09
Location: williamston mi
Posts: 536
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Maybe not so much it, but the people we have running it, and the idea of two parties.
Maybe they should leave, better yet maybe WE should send them packing.
Start with Levin and Stabanaw, and get someone like Bob Barr or Ron Paul to replace em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
I agree with you there. The political machines on both side have become so entrenched that they pretty much just operate for their own good rather than the good of the people. I'd like to see us get away from the idea of 2 parties, the difficulty in that is that the 2 party system is not mandated by law but rather a resultant of our laws. In order to get 3 or more viable parties election laws and rules of congress would need to be changed. It may even require changes to the Constitution.
If both parties are the problem. Which I also think is the problem. Why wouldn't changing the people we vote for work? Instead of changing some meaningless law. We can vote 3rd party.
traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 11:31 PM   #124
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,586
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Hall. Call Me 248.388.8372 View Post
What would you like to see happen to this country Bruce?
The first thing I'd like to see is both these wars brought to a sensible conclusion. The Gitmo prison had to close because it because to much of a symbol to be used against us.
Next, lets take a good look at the status of our economy and come up with a plan that will promote long term growth and get the government away from running and over regulating businesses. You are correct that most of the jobs that went overseas are never coming back. Rather than trying to get them back what we should be doing is looking forward at what the next big thing will be. Whether you believe in global warming or not, much of the world does, so right now the big thing is "green technology" so I think that is where the new jobs of the next decade or 2 will be. We should be doing all we can to develop that technology and the means to produce it here. Somewhere in all this e need to figure out how to balance the budget. We can't keep going further and further into debt.

The "greedy CEO's" were put in place by "greedy stockholders" who focused to much on the profits in the current quarter rather than on long term growth. I'm not sure what can be done about that that wouldn't interfere with a company's way of doing business. I do think we should probably review our taxes and tariff's to see if they still make sense. I get the feeling that they have not kept up with the times. It seems to me that every time I call for tech support and end up talking to someone outside of the USA that it should be considered an import. I'm not sure if it does.

Yes, the borders should be made more secure. But first I think we should crack down on the people and companies that are hireing the illegals. If there coming for job, then if you get rid of the jobs they'll quit coming. And yes, we also need to review our legal immigration policy. It should be geared to what is best for the country as a whole. I don't think it is.

As for health care I'd like to see some changes that lower the cost for everyone and make it more available to more people, regardless of where they work. But I agree with Duffman that we don't seem to have even decided exactly what the problems are and how they got that way. Before you can fix something you have to figure why it's broken.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 11:37 PM   #125
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,586
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller View Post
Start with Levin and Stabanaw, and get someone like Bob Barr or Ron Paul to replace em.



If both parties are the problem. Which I also think is the problem. Why wouldn't changing the people we vote for work? Instead of changing some meaningless law. We can vote 3rd party.
It would work, if you can convince a hundred million or so people to just "change the people we vote for". Good luck with that.

Those "meaningless laws" is what has shaped out political system into what it is. If you want to change that system you have to change the laws that made the system.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2009, 03:07 AM   #126
guest
.
 
Join Date: 12-14-06
Location: .
Posts: 3,835
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to guest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
The first thing I'd like to see is both these wars brought to a sensible conclusion. The Gitmo prison had to close because it because to much of a symbol to be used against us.
Next, lets take a good look at the status of our economy and come up with a plan that will promote long term growth and get the government away from running and over regulating businesses. You are correct that most of the jobs that went overseas are never coming back. Rather than trying to get them back what we should be doing is looking forward at what the next big thing will be. Whether you believe in global warming or not, much of the world does, so right now the big thing is "green technology" so I think that is where the new jobs of the next decade or 2 will be. We should be doing all we can to develop that technology and the means to produce it here. Somewhere in all this e need to figure out how to balance the budget. We can't keep going further and further into debt.

The "greedy CEO's" were put in place by "greedy stockholders" who focused to much on the profits in the current quarter rather than on long term growth. I'm not sure what can be done about that that wouldn't interfere with a company's way of doing business. I do think we should probably review our taxes and tariff's to see if they still make sense. I get the feeling that they have not kept up with the times. It seems to me that every time I call for tech support and end up talking to someone outside of the USA that it should be considered an import. I'm not sure if it does.

Yes, the borders should be made more secure. But first I think we should crack down on the people and companies that are hireing the illegals. If there coming for job, then if you get rid of the jobs they'll quit coming. And yes, we also need to review our legal immigration policy. It should be geared to what is best for the country as a whole. I don't think it is.

As for health care I'd like to see some changes that lower the cost for everyone and make it more available to more people, regardless of where they work. But I agree with Duffman that we don't seem to have even decided exactly what the problems are and how they got that way. Before you can fix something you have to figure why it's broken.
I agree with you with the way you look at things.. I never really thought of green technology and the new decade making new jobs. Thats a good way to look at it even though I dont believe in global warming. I also think our goverment may be more promising if they were controlled by a better man(obama).

I like the idea of finding out who hires the illegal aliens.. That seems like a lot better approach on that topic.

I also think health care is very expensive. My mom doesnt even have it anymore and she has acid reflux disease very badly and it will kill her shortly because she cant afford it and she cant even afford to go to the doctor to get treated for her feet because there are all kinds of problems with them and she is a single mother raising both of my little sisters and paying all the bills and she needs to work.. Health insurance is something she just cant afford though.. And shes not the only one in this situation.
Being cheaper would deffinitly help people more.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2009, 05:53 PM   #127
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
The first thing I'd like to see is both these wars brought to a sensible conclusion. What wars, are we at war with the Country of Iraq, or Afganastan??? If we're not and we are occupying them like Germany, after a war then we should leave Germany, Japan, and every other foriegn country we're in.The Gitmo prison had to close because it because to much of a symbol to be used against us. Kinda like the American Flag
Next, lets take a good look at the status of our economy and come up with a plan that will promote long term growth and get the government away from running and over regulating businesses. You are correct that most of the jobs that went overseas are never coming back. Rather than trying to get them back what we should be doing is looking forward at what the next big thing will be. Whether you believe in global warming or not, much of the world does, so right now the big thing is "green technology" so I think that is where the new jobs of the next decade or 2 will be. We should be doing all we can to develop that technology and the means to produce it here. Somewhere in all this e need to figure out how to balance the budget. Don't spend more than you make. Don't try to pay for everbodys health insurance. This one is simple. We can't keep going further and further into debt. I dunno Jen seems to think thats the way to get ahead, and it looks like Oblabla feels the same way....

The "greedy CEO's" were put in place by "greedy stockholders" who focused to much on the profits in the current quarter rather than on long term growth. I'm not sure what can be done about that that wouldn't interfere with a company's way of doing business. Nothing I do think we should probably review our taxes and tariff's to see if they still make sense. I get the feeling that they have not kept up with the times. It seems to me that every time I call for tech support and end up talking to someone outside of the USA that it should be considered an import. I'm not sure if it does.

Yes, the borders should be made more secure. But first I think we should crack down on the people and companies that are hireing the illegals. If there coming for job, then if you get rid of the jobs they'll quit coming. And yes, we also need to review our legal immigration policy. It should be geared to what is best for the country as a whole. I don't think it is. You can't condem a company for putting someone to work. Its not a companies responsibility to police immigration. Illegal immigrants don't put we are illegal immigrants on a job application, and also the liberal politically correct albtrosses around the neck of America have made asking to many questions to minorities on a jiob application a big no no. So now you tell the employer here are the questions you can legally ask, they won't tell you if someone is an illegal alien but you have to figure that out, Hmmm lets see, yeah, with your empoyer crystal ball.

As for health care I'd like to see some changes that lower the cost for everyone and make it more available to more people, regardless of where they work. But I agree with Duffman that we don't seem to have even decided exactly what the problems are and how they got that way. Before you can fix something you have to figure why it's broken.
Kinda the horse before the cart.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 12:06 AM   #128
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,586
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
The first thing I'd like to see is both these wars brought to a sensible conclusion. What wars, are we at war with the Country of Iraq, or Afganastan??? If we're not and we are occupying them like Germany, after a war then we should leave Germany, Japan, and every other foriegn country we're in.
We are at war with groups in Iran and Afghanistan. No, we are not at war with "The Country of..." But our solders are there, getting attacked and attacking, killing and dieing. I don't care what you, Obama, Bush, or the media calls that. I call it war. And that is what we need to find an end to. I did not say anything about troops leaving. If we can somehow end up with a stable government that likes us in either place it would make sense to have military bases there like we have in Germany and Japan. I'm not sure if that will ever happen.
Quote:
The Gitmo prison had to close because it because to much of a symbol to be used against us. Kinda like the American Flag
No, nothing like that.

Quote:

Next, lets take a good look at the status of our economy and come up with a plan that will promote long term growth and get the government away from running and over regulating businesses. You are correct that most of the jobs that went overseas are never coming back. Rather than trying to get them back what we should be doing is looking forward at what the next big thing will be. Whether you believe in global warming or not, much of the world does, so right now the big thing is "green technology" so I think that is where the new jobs of the next decade or 2 will be. We should be doing all we can to develop that technology and the means to produce it here. Somewhere in all this e need to figure out how to balance the budget. Don't spend more than you make. Don't try to pay for everbodys health insurance. This one is simple. We can't keep going further and further into debt. I dunno Jen seems to think thats the way to get ahead, and it looks like Oblabla feels the same way....
I'm sure that everyone wishes it really was that easy.
And I don't care what Jen or Obama think.

Quote:
Yes, the borders should be made more secure. But first I think we should crack down on the people and companies that are hireing the illegals. If there coming for job, then if you get rid of the jobs they'll quit coming. And yes, we also need to review our legal immigration policy. It should be geared to what is best for the country as a whole. I don't think it is. You can't condem a company for putting someone to work. Its not a companies responsibility to police immigration. Illegal immigrants don't put we are illegal immigrants on a job application, and also the liberal politically correct albtrosses around the neck of America have made asking to many questions to minorities on a jiob application a big no no. So now you tell the employer here are the questions you can legally ask, they won't tell you if someone is an illegal alien but you have to figure that out, Hmmm lets see, yeah, with your empoyer crystal ball.
No, but I can condemn a company for violating federal law. It is against the law for someone to hire someone that is not eligible to work here. You a business owner that employs people aren't you? then I don't have to explain what in I-9 form is. I'm all for getting rid of that "liberal politically correct albatross" and let you ask the questions that need to be asked to determine if the person is eligible to work here.
Quote:
As for health care I'd like to see some changes that lower the cost for everyone and make it more available to more people, regardless of where they work. But I agree with Duffman that we don't seem to have even decided exactly what the problems are and how they got that way. Before you can fix something you have to figure why it's broken.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Kinda the horse before the cart.
Which cart and horse combo are you referring to?
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:15 AM   #129
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
We are at war with groups in Iran and Afghanistan. No, we are not at war with "The Country of..." But our solders are there, getting attacked and attacking, killing and dieing. I don't care what you, Obama, Bush, or the media calls that. I call it war. And that is what we need to find an end to. I did not say anything about troops leaving. If we can somehow end up with a stable government that likes us in either place it would make sense to have military bases there like we have in Germany and Japan. I'm not sure if that will ever happen. What sensible conclusion do you see regarding a conclusion to attacks on Americans?


No, nothing like that. So you say

I'm sure that everyone wishes it really was that easy.
And I don't care what Jen or Obama think. It is, this is so simple but nobody wants to do it.


No, but I can condemn a company for violating federal law. It is against the law for someone to hire someone that is not eligible to work here. You a business owner that employs people aren't you? then I don't have to explain what in I-9 form is. I'm all for getting rid of that "liberal politically correct albatross" and let you ask the questions that need to be asked to determine if the person is eligible to work here. I know a ton of people that have non english speking people working for them, they all provide a complete W-9 social security information and every other piece of information we as employers are allowed to ask for. They also have employees deported on a regular basis because they are here illegally....How can you blame the employer. They should punish the illegal. put them in prison for 5 years in harsh conditions, then send them packing, they won't want to come back so soon. Hey send them to Gitmo....






Which cart and horse combo are you referring to?
The we don't really know the problem but lets have a solution horse and cart. Just like you said" Before you can fix something you have to figure why it's broken."
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 10:07 PM   #130
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,586
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
We are at war with groups in Iran and Afghanistan. No, we are not at war with "The Country of..." But our solders are there, getting attacked and attacking, killing and dieing. I don't care what you, Obama, Bush, or the media calls that. I call it war. And that is what we need to find an end to. I did not say anything about troops leaving. If we can somehow end up with a stable government that likes us in either place it would make sense to have military bases there like we have in Germany and Japan. I'm not sure if that will ever happen. What sensible conclusion do you see regarding a conclusion to attacks on Americans?
If you're talking about US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan I don't think the attacks will ever stop as long as we are in those countries. So the only conclusion I can think of is packing up and going home. Maybe those that want a continued US military presence there have an idea. I don't, which is a big part of why I was not in favor of going into Iraq when we did. Not way out.


No, nothing like that. So you say

Yep, thats what I say.

I'm sure that everyone wishes it really was that easy.
And I don't care what Jen or Obama think. It is, this is so simple but nobody wants to do it.

Sure, tax more spend less. But what do you cut that won't cause more problems?


No, but I can condemn a company for violating federal law. It is against the law for someone to hire someone that is not eligible to work here. You a business owner that employs people aren't you? then I don't have to explain what in I-9 form is. I'm all for getting rid of that "liberal politically correct albatross" and let you ask the questions that need to be asked to determine if the person is eligible to work here.

I know a ton of people that have non english speking people working for them, they all provide a complete W-9 social security information and every other piece of information we as employers are allowed to ask for. They also have employees deported on a regular basis because they are here illegally....How can you blame the employer. They should punish the illegal. put them in prison for 5 years in harsh conditions, then send them packing, they won't want to come back so soon. Hey send them to Gitmo....

I understand that many have fake documentation. I do not expect employers to become forgery detection experts, but I'm also sure that some employers don't go through the proper methods but just pay cash under the table. I don't have a problem with sending them to prison, but were going to need more prisons. Theres a lot of then out there.


Which cart and horse combo are you referring to?
The we don't really know the problem but lets have a solution horse and cart. Just like you said" Before you can fix something you have to figure why it's broken."

Oh, you were agreeing with me. I'm not used to that LOL
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 10:36 PM   #131
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

If you're talking about US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan I don't think the attacks will ever stop as long as we are in those countries. So the only conclusion I can think of is packing up and going home. Maybe those that want a continued US military presence there have an idea. I don't, which is a big part of why I was not in favor of going into Iraq when we did. Not way out.
Why stop there, get all of our troops out of every foriegn country.


No, nothing like that. So you say

Yep, thats what I say.

Sure, tax more spend less. But what do you cut that won't cause more problems?
Tax less spend less. Cut foriegn aid, eliminate the IRS and federal income tax, cut the money we spend on Congress and the House, cut politians salaries, cut the money given to foriegn companies, increase tax on foriegn imports, start running the country like a busniess.


I understand that many have fake documentation. I do not expect employers to become forgery detection experts, but I'm also sure that some employers don't go through the proper methods but just pay cash under the table. I don't have a problem with sending them to prison, but were going to need more prisons. Theres a lot of then out there.
Gitmo


Oh, you were agreeing with me. I'm not used to
I thought you were agreeing with me.....:sonicjay:
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 11:31 PM   #132
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,586
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
If you're talking about US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan I don't think the attacks will ever stop as long as we are in those countries. So the only conclusion I can think of is packing up and going home. Maybe those that want a continued US military presence there have an idea. I don't, which is a big part of why I was not in favor of going into Iraq when we did. Not way out.
Why stop there, get all of our troops out of every foriegn country.
I wish that was something we could do, but it's probably not in our best national interests.

Sure, tax more spend less. But what do you cut that won't cause more problems?
Tax less spend less. Cut foriegn aid, eliminate the IRS and federal income tax, cut the money we spend on Congress and the House, cut politians salaries, cut the money given to foriegn companies, increase tax on foriegn imports, start running the country like a busniess.
I would support that. Ain't gonna happen though.



I understand that many have fake documentation. I do not expect employers to become forgery detection experts, but I'm also sure that some employers don't go through the proper methods but just pay cash under the table. I don't have a problem with sending them to prison, but were going to need more prisons. Theres a lot of then out there.
Gitmo
Gitmo will hold about 600. What will you do with the other 12 million?



Oh, you were agreeing with me. I'm not used to
I thought you were agreeing with me.....:sonicjay:
LOL even when we agree we can't agree about who's agreeing with whom.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 12:50 PM   #133
GreaseMonkey
Pew pew!
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 18,045
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Pretty soon you two are going to create a rainbow.
__________________
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 01:37 PM   #134
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Originally Posted by Mr Toes
If you're talking about US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan I don't think the attacks will ever stop as long as we are in those countries. So the only conclusion I can think of is packing up and going home. Maybe those that want a continued US military presence there have an idea. I don't, which is a big part of why I was not in favor of going into Iraq when we did. Not way out.
Why stop there, get all of our troops out of every foriegn country.
I wish that was something we could do, but it's probably not in our best national interests. Why not?


Sure, tax more spend less. But what do you cut that won't cause more problems?
Tax less spend less. Cut foriegn aid, eliminate the IRS and federal income tax, cut the money we spend on Congress and the House, cut politians salaries, cut the money given to foriegn companies, increase tax on foriegn imports, start running the country like a busniess.
I would support that. Ain't gonna happen though.
Not with a liberal government, You have to vote independant, or against all seated politicans.



I understand that many have fake documentation. I do not expect employers to become forgery detection experts, but I'm also sure that some employers don't go through the proper methods but just pay cash under the table. I don't have a problem with sending them to prison, but were going to need more prisons. Theres a lot of then out there.
Gitmo
Gitmo will hold about 600. What will you do with the other 12 million?
How do you eat an Elephant????? One bite at a time.....
12 million just became 11,999,400....
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 01:51 PM   #135
Bishop
Senior Member
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-07
Location: brighton, atlanta, MI
Posts: 3,590
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bishop
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerob View Post
obama is a huge douche...i cant stand him or bush.

Anyone who is smart enough to be president is smart enough not to be president.
x's 936549236459.3




Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Pretty soon you two are going to create a rainbow.
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.55117 seconds with 67 queries