How illegal is this in Michigan - Page 4 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The recycle bin.
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The recycle bin. Posts deemed annoying. If you see your post here, take a hint.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 23rd, 2009, 04:33 PM   #61
93bowtie
wheeling a Xj now
 
93bowtie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-23-07
Location: clinton twp.
Posts: 129
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Had a flag on the back of my truck for two years never got pulled over for it... When i got pulled over for burnouts one day the cop told me that he loved the flag along with everyone else. And i hate the kids up here who fly the Confederate flag when they have No clue what it means and they think that can act all country and badass when they have one. Good thing im from the South
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	l_5d4f42e202042c61f98f683092f7be1f.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	43787  

Last edited by 93bowtie; May 23rd, 2009 at 04:58 PM.
93bowtie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 23rd, 2009, 04:51 PM   #62
ANGRYLAWGNOME
AA D-Bag (FNT)
 
ANGRYLAWGNOME's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-24-09
Location: The Mountian of Morris
Posts: 323
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

i see nothing wrong with this

ANGRYLAWGNOME is offline  
Old May 23rd, 2009, 04:52 PM   #63
Rattler
Home Sweet Homicide
 
Rattler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-17-06
Location: Bei City
Posts: 3,648
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazardbill View Post
llxRanger,

You are missing the point, it isnt about what you know about the flag, it is how others portray it.

If I were to display a



people would automatically assume im a Nazi punk however until the Nazis used this symbol, the swastika was used by many cultures throughout the past 3,000 years to represent life, sun, power, strength, and good luck. It has been used for a symbol of good luck through the days of Troy and i believe originated in Egypt.

However now when people see it, they see a hate symbol because of Hitler. The South was pro slavery and used the confederate flag. KKK and many other racist organizations have also incorporated that symbol into their banners and advertisements.

A person can show Southern Pride without using a confederate flag. Fly a flag from the state your from, marry your sister, herd sheep. I can poke fun at the South because I am from the South. :)

Later
I know the reverse swastika was used by the American Indians too. There was an old building in downtown Holland, MI that has them in its crown near the top. I remember seeing something on the local news about it when I lived over there.

A guy I work with is flying a big Red Wings flag on his truck.
Rattler is offline  
Old May 23rd, 2009, 06:35 PM   #64
Hombre
I carry a shank
 
Hombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-15-06
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,471
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93bowtie View Post
Had a flag on the back of my truck for two years never got pulled over for it... When i got pulled over for burnouts one day the cop told me that he loved the flag along with everyone else. And i hate the kids up here who fly the Confederate flag when they have No clue what it means and they think that can act all country and badass when they have one. Good thing im from the South
Is this you?
Hombre is offline  
Old May 23rd, 2009, 07:16 PM   #65
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,648
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Default

My son and I were joking around about putting a rebel flag plate on the front of his Blazer....


Cuz face it, that's one rednecky truck right there....

shit, could work on my F150...


Personally, I'm sick of the whole argument, we got a black prez now so the whole point is moot- ya just can't get any more 'equal'...
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline  
Old May 23rd, 2009, 10:38 PM   #66
94YJ
Senior Member
 
94YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-24-07
Location: Lansing
Posts: 493
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
In contrast, to assert or infer that the north was morally superior and "anti-slavery" is also incorrect. Many peoples in the north wanted to own slaves and in fact several citizens were prosecuted in the northern states for owning slaves, selling slaves, transporting slaves and generally taking part in the slave trade. Also, when you study one of the more popular plans of the day on what to do with the "freed slaves", you will find that those weren't so morally correct either. One of the popular plans for the "freed slaves" at the time was to send them back to Africa which is how the country of Nigeria on the African continent was formed. Further, that "plan" is one that Lincoln gave serious consideration to and was much in favor of.
As a self-proclaimed historian you fail.

South Carolina seceded December 20, 1860, not in 1861.
http://sciway3.net/proctor/marion/mi..._timeline.html

And it is Liberia that was established as a colony for slaves, not Nigeria.
http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ho/time/dwe/16337.htm

You are correct that this is a complex issue though although I do believe that you are misguided in your opinions of revisionism.
94YJ is offline  
Old May 23rd, 2009, 10:50 PM   #67
xj97sport
atv rider
 
xj97sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-08-08
Location: south west
Posts: 6,557
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
Is this you?
xj97sport is offline  
Old May 23rd, 2009, 11:38 PM   #68
nate4d
Gnarley Davidson
 
nate4d's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-09-06
Location: Westland/Hale
Posts: 3,520
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to nate4d
Default

the south lost the war GET OVER IT!!!
nate4d is offline  
Old May 23rd, 2009, 11:40 PM   #69
Aceshighxxx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 03-31-08
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 115
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

The racism in this thread is killing me inside....
Aceshighxxx is offline  
Old May 24th, 2009, 05:49 AM   #70
EvelPress
Member
 
EvelPress's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-16-08
Location: Michigan
Posts: 38
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Do you think this guy knows what the flag really means?





EvelPress is offline  
Old May 24th, 2009, 12:05 PM   #71
shifty_85
2 low for fat hoes
 
shifty_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-08
Location: Farmington hills/ MI
Posts: 412
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to shifty_85 Send a message via MSN to shifty_85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate4d View Post
the south lost the war GET OVER IT!!!
THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!!!!

half my familys from the south and the frist chance i get im moving to TN
shifty_85 is offline  
Old May 24th, 2009, 01:40 PM   #72
llxRanger
Senior Member
 
llxRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-14-09
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Posts: 948
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvelPress View Post
Do you think this guy knows what the flag really means?




I honestly think thats more of a joke then anything.



Quote:
Originally Posted by nate4d View Post
the south lost the war GET OVER IT!!!
For fucks sake. Do you pay attention? This has nothing to do with anything other then the fact I am proud of my heritage. We fought a losing battle. And did it with great dedication. And in fact. Then union actually LOST more soldiers then the confederates. About 120,000 thats 120 thousand more.. I mean anyone can correct me if I am wrong. But from what I recall the war was Confederate with aprox. 320,000 against aprox. 620,000. The confederates KNEW this. 10 States against the rest? But at the time we had a fuckin' sack and wern't affraid to march up to you mother fuckers and show some god damn loyalty and dedication. I mean right now for fucks sakes. Stats show that over 69% of people in Iraq are from southern states. Thats the way we were raised down south. And thats what we are proud of. We arnt proud of slavery. We arnt proud of KKK. We arnt proud to have to rebel against a goverment thats so corrupt and ignroant. We arnt proud of shit like that. We are proud for the people who actually do learn facts. For the people who read a book and see how exactly it went down. That on April 12 1861 WE the CONFEDERATES picked on the Bully. We took the very first shot. and Gen. P.G.T. Beauregard is a great man. He over took Sumter damn near so handicapped in this war. Just take notes. So next time you get in an argument like so you understand a little more.

Last edited by llxRanger; May 24th, 2009 at 01:48 PM.
llxRanger is offline  
Old May 24th, 2009, 01:52 PM   #73
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,648
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Default

Don't sound like he's gonna 'get over it' any time soon.....
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline  
Old May 24th, 2009, 01:53 PM   #74
llxRanger
Senior Member
 
llxRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-14-09
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Posts: 948
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

l

Last edited by llxRanger; May 25th, 2009 at 12:45 AM.
llxRanger is offline  
Old May 24th, 2009, 02:53 PM   #75
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,851
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by llxRanger View Post
I


For fucks sake. Do you pay attention? This has nothing to do with anything other then the fact I am proud of my heritage. We fought a losing battle. And did it with great dedication. And in fact. Then union actually LOST more soldiers then the confederates. About 120,000 thats 120 thousand more.. I mean anyone can correct me if I am wrong. But from what I recall the war was Confederate with aprox. 320,000 against aprox. 620,000. The confederates KNEW this. 10 States against the rest? But at the time we had a fuckin' sack and wern't affraid to march up to you mother fuckers and show some god damn loyalty and dedication. I mean right now for fucks sakes. Stats show that over 69% of people in Iraq are from southern states. Thats the way we were raised down south. And thats what we are proud of. We arnt proud of slavery. We arnt proud of KKK. We arnt proud to have to rebel against a goverment thats so corrupt and ignroant. We arnt proud of shit like that. We are proud for the people who actually do learn facts. For the people who read a book and see how exactly it went down. That on April 12 1861 WE the CONFEDERATES picked on the Bully. We took the very first shot. and Gen. P.G.T. Beauregard is a great man. He over took Sumter damn near so handicapped in this war. Just take notes. So next time you get in an argument like so you understand a little more.

you say "we" like you are the spokesmen for the south and like you had anything to do with it...you are a loser and if you like the south so much go there and stay there, then step two would be shut your fucking hillbilly ass up
High Center Hancho is offline  
Old May 24th, 2009, 05:47 PM   #76
llxRanger
Senior Member
 
llxRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-14-09
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Posts: 948
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hancho View Post
you say "we" like you are the spokesmen for the south and like you had anything to do with it...you are a loser and if you like the south so much go there and stay there, then step two would be shut your fucking hillbilly ass up



No I say we because I am from south. Wow that takes much common sense.
Every person from the south has something to do with it. We still get 3rd grade insults from morons like you about it. Like the south lost get over it. Read facts understand why the south lost. It was a surrender. So us southern people still deal with people like you. About south lost get over it blah fucking blah. So I believe that would make it carry on. I didnt start this post to get a fucking story about what YOU think happend with the civil war. I asked if it was illegal. Just get on with your life. If I am so "Hillbilly" and such a loser. Quit posting in here. You're having very little result. Get on with your life. Your real one. Not an internet one.

And wow
Hillbilly ass classic insult.
llxRanger is offline  
Old May 24th, 2009, 10:43 PM   #77
Broncoholic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Default `

Gettin good
 
Old May 24th, 2009, 10:55 PM   #78
1988JeepXj
XJ Aficianado
 
1988JeepXj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-09
Location: Redford, Mi
Posts: 1,119
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1988JeepXj Send a message via Yahoo to 1988JeepXj Send a message via Skype™ to 1988JeepXj
Default

1988JeepXj is offline  
Old May 25th, 2009, 12:37 AM   #79
ChevyRacer1981
Throw'in turtles........
 
ChevyRacer1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-07-08
Location: Sagnasty / MI
Posts: 2,358
iTrader: (32)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

ChevyRacer1981 is online now  
Old May 25th, 2009, 12:41 AM   #80
Blacklung
Senior Member
 
Blacklung's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-13-08
Location: Emmett, MI
Posts: 1,197
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvelPress View Post
Do you think this guy knows what the flag really means?





Yes. Heck, if I didn't know better, I'd think he invented that flag.
Blacklung is offline  
Closed Thread
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The recycle bin.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.34581 seconds with 82 queries