|April 22nd, 2009, 10:12 PM||#1|
Catch the wave
2002 Chevy Venture SWB 105k miles
Silver on silver.
Has been a total and complete piece of crap. Everything and anything typical for this model to go wrong, or blow up has, and for the most part has been replaced.
• Transmission at ~70k replaced with a new GM crate transmission at Vic Canever
• Fuel pump roughly the same mileage it choked, and was replaced - also by Vic Canever
• at ~40k give or take the AC Condensor and Compressor was replaced - also by vic canever
• at 85k the factor battery imploded, and was replaced (about 13 months ago) - also by vic canever
• at roughly 90k the intake gaskets were replaced by a retired GM Engineer
• at roughly 95k the same retired engineer replaced the driver's side wheel bearing, and installed new front brakes
body is definitely not a gem either, the paint is flaking off behind both sliding doors - finish in this area varies from primer, to rust down at the rocker in front of the wheel wells. starting to show surface rust at bottom edge of rear hatch as well.
stock front speakers failed, and were replaced with cheap pioneer's last summer.
tires are decent shape, front two were replaced in the fall if I recall correctly
as it sits, and for the past 7,000 miles give or take, it has had a seeping external leak at the right rear head gasket. oil has been changed, and checked religiously and has never shown signs of milkiness.
it "smells hot", and will periodically show the temp gauge moving up a hair over the 1/2 way mark at idle, whereas underway it is more typically at the 1/4 to 1/3 mark depending upon outside temp. from what various mechanics have told me, it's sucking air in through that external leak and misreading the air bubble. whether that diagnosis makes sense or not I couldn't care less. a friend from church has a '99 with the same basic symptoms and has been driving it that way for 3 years...
I'm done nursing it along, I'm done putting money into it - I can't seem to lure a deer into jumping into it for the lower insurance deductible. "New" vehicle will be in driveway memorial day weekend.
posting to gauge interest, initial asking $2,000 or best offer
look for this to be bumped for 7 months or more like similar items
feel free to offer high end stereo equipment, dune buggies, etc. and it will in fact do a righteous smokey burnout (skinny tires, weight transfer and fwd in the rain ftw)
Last edited by RyeBread; April 22nd, 2009 at 10:16 PM.