Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

GLFWDA Northern Migration June 11-14

3K views 36 replies 13 participants last post by  wavemaker 
#1 · (Edited)
All,

Attached below are the details for the GL4WD Northern Migration. GL4WD has not had its own event in many years, and as you will see below we have put alot of work into this one. We look forward to the support of the masses and I would encourage you to act fast to make reservations.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Your Humble Executive Chairman of the Notorious Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association Trail Ride Committee,

Tim

Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
Northern Migration

Welcome to the first annual GLFWDA Northern Migration. This event is intended to include several off road location with varying levels of difficulty.

By design this event is extremely flexible. If participants are unable to attend the entire event they can pick and choose which sections of the event they want to be a part of.

Dates: The dates for this event will be Thursday, June 11th through Sunday June 14th.

Lodging:
GL4WD Association is making suggestions regarding lodging at each location. Individual plans and reservations for all parties will be the sole responsibility of the participants. If anyone needs assistance making reservations or would like suggestions regarding alternate lodging locations, please feel free to contact Tim @ 269-998-5512.

Meals:
In the interest of keeping this event as cost effective as possible participants will be responsible for their own meals. There will be a buffet dinner arranged Saturday night, while on Drummond Island. Participants will be responsible for their own costs. Details are in the outline.

Cost:
There will be no charger to participate in this event, but participants must be members of the Great Lakes 4WD Association. Membership information can be located at http://www.glfwda.org/index.php?page=join. Any additional cost for this event are the sole responsibility of the participants.

Additional Details:
Attached is an outline regarding all the details and information needed to join us for the Northern Migration. If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact Tim Tull by either e-mail sales@ventureoffroad.com or cell 269-998-5512.

To sign up for this event please ensure you are a current GL4WD member, fill out the attached form and forward to Tim Tull at sales@ventureoffroad.com.

Day 1

We will begin by riding at Silver Lake Sand Dunes, in Mears Michigan. Participants can arrive at any time on this day. However, the main group will be ending their tour of the dunes by meeting in the Dunes Parking Lot at 4:00 P.M. for a trail ride from Silver Lake to Twisted Trails ORV Park, in Copemish, MI. Once at Twisted Trails ORV Park we will set up camp for the night. There will be no riding at the Twisted Trails Park on this night.

(Details in the PDF)

Day 2

On day two we will begin the morning with guided trail rides at Twisted Trails ORV Park at 9:00 A.M. After riding all morning we will meet in the main parking lot of Twisted Trails at 3:00 P.M. We will then travel mostly scenic roads from Copemish, Michigan to the Wilderness Campground in Carp Lake, Michigan. This ride will be on marked roadways that will be primarily paved. This is intended to be a scenic easy going road trip. Most of the vehicles in this group are not intended for high speed travel so if you are riding with us plan on taking your time and enjoying the ride.

(Details in the PDF)

Day 3

Our third day we will be leaving from Wilderness State Campground at 9:00 A.M. Sharp. If anyone wants to join us for the ride over the bridge they can either meet us at the Wilderness State Campground before we leave or catch us in route. Once we cross the bridge we will stop at the rest area immediately after the Mackinaw Bridge Toll Booth, which would be a second opportunity for those participants who are unable to attend until Saturday to join us. We will then continue to the Village of Detour and ride the fairy boat across to Drummond Island. We will then ride the rest of the day at the Turtle Ridge ORV Park. There will be a group dinner held on Saturday night.

(Details in the PDF)

Date: Sunday, June 14th
Venue: Drummond Island State Trails

Departure Date: Sunday, June 14th
Departure Time: 8:00 A.M.
Departing from: Drummond Island Resort Parking Lot

Ride the Drummond Island State Trail System then head home!

http://www.glfwda.org/showthread.php?t=8004

See less See more
#5 ·
Day 3

Our third day we will be leaving from Wilderness State Campground at 9:00 A.M. Sharp. If anyone wants to join us for the ride over the bridge they can either meet us at the Wilderness State Campground before we leave or catch us in route. Once we cross the bridge we will stop at the rest area immediately after the Mackinaw Bridge Toll Booth, which would be a second opportunity for those participants who are unable to attend until Saturday to join us. We will then continue to the Village of Detour and ride the fairy boat across to Drummond Island. We will then ride the rest of the day at the Twisted Trails ORV Park. There will be a group dinner held on Saturday night.
there appears to be an error here. Twisted Trails is not on Drummond.

#12 ·
Keep in mind we will take it slow so everyone can keep up. If somebody wants to go highway from point to point they are welcome or they can take the scenic route with us and have a great time.

The first day traveling will be lots of trails, but they will be easier trails. The other days will be mostly roads, but scenic and entertaining as we can make them.

Make sure your CB is tuned so you can talk with everyone in the group and even the driving portion will be fun.

#26 ·
Not likely, I don't know the trails over there. lol.

I'm just following the gps track and trying to remember the one time I've been through. Should be fun!

#30 ·
I will have my girlfriend with me. A friend (KJDan) I believe is bringing a friend. Another couple will be joining us in Mackinac. Other than that, I don't have specifics on who is coming.

With no pre-registration I'm not sure what to expect. Should be a great time though. 4 days of wheeling multiple desitinations. I can't wait!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.