|February 19th, 2009, 11:51 PM||#1|
Join Date: 02-18-07
Location: Lafayette, IN
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Nicely Build Part out 304V8 TF999 D44/D60 axles and more
So I've decided that once and for all, I'm completely done. Since there has be no interest from anywhere in buying the whole CJ, I'm going to start parting. You can find my build thread here: http://porc.purdue.org/Forums/viewtopic/t=5017.html
The numbers in quotes are the ballpark numbers for each value on the engine. I built this beast a few years ago and realized I like building more than driving. Its only been run a half dozen times. All the new parts I bought are effectively in new condition.
I'm planning on taking a month or two to get rid of most of the parts. Anyway, at this time:
1) 304 V8, recently painted red, Edelbrock intake manifold (200), DUI distributor (high end HEI system) (300), DUI spark plug wires (100), Holley truck avenger carb (400). all the front brackets, high output alternator, power steering pump. Will sell all this with the title (1980 CJ7) for $700obo. I have turned the engine over recently, the carb needs rebuilt to get rid of gummy fuel, but otherwise ready to run.
2) Auto tranny. I'm not sure if its a TF999 or 904. I've never been able to identify for certain (the only difference is the first gear ratio). Its painted red too and bolted to the engine currently. There is a weld on the tailshaft housing from a crack (it broke via the UPS man). Thats the only problem I aware of and the weld is high quality, professional machinist did the welding. Includes flexplate and torque converter. I have a radiator for the auto tranny too. I also have a Dana 300 ready for paint. Buy the tranny/transfer case for $450 or just the tranny for $250.
3) The complete drivetrain for $1000.
4) The drivetrain is inside a beautiful frame (with widetrack axle shock mounts up front.). I paid $400 about 6 months ago for it. I'll sell it after the engine sells for $400.
7) Vanco hydroboost brake setup. It was leaking at the power steering box, but a new adapter should only be a couple bucks. Its a beautiful system $550.
9) 21 gallon plastic fuel tank with sending unit. I don't have the skid plate lowering metal. $150.
10) Dana 30 widetrack front axle. Unknown gears, $50.
The more you want to buy, the better the price will get. I'll do my best to get back here, but you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org All parts are located in Lafayette, Indiana. They are located about 1/4 mile off the intersection of I-65 and IN-26, an hour north of Indianapolis.
And you can find current pictures: https://engineering.purdue.edu/~wconley/pics/JeepSale/ The engine/tranny is currently sitting in the second frame, but the axles, tires, and body are still intact as shown in the PresentConditionFront picture.
Edited on March 4 to reflect what has sold so far.
Last edited by willyCJ; March 4th, 2009 at 09:19 PM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|