Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 22nd, 2009, 01:26 PM   #101
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,383
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Welcome, Mr. Senator.
LOL
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:02 PM   #102
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,943
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker View Post
Do you understand that the people you are referring to here, the majority of those receiving the bonuses, are the same people that are responsible for the Collateralized debt obligations (CDOs) that caused all the problems to start with?
Wrong. The people that were given the recent $1M+ bonuses were NOT from the areas of the company that created the huge mess at AIG. These people were brought in from other areas of the company to tackle the huge issue of liquidating a $1 Trillion+ portfolio of credit derivatives in such a manner as to not further erode the solvency of the company AND in such a way that it didn't further destroy our economy. These people were given a highly complex task with a definitive end. Once that task was completed properly, they were promised (under very legal contracts) to recieve a retention bonus. Once the task was complete, most of the people doing it would no longer have a job at AIG. This is why they were promised a retention bonus. AIG needed their skills to finish the task and without these bonuses they would have left for jobs elsewhere. These aren't typical main street Edward Jones investment advisor type employees. These are people that can do math that is so far above and beyond a normal person that they command a lot of money in the market for their abilities.

So, you are wrong. Any more stupid comments, idiotic questions, or are you just going to continue bitching about things that you really just aren't capable of comprehending?
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:03 PM   #103
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,943
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
I can lie, cheat, steal, falsify reports, set up company reimbersments for personal use, ruin a busness due to lack of skills or forsight, make charts that show what a great job I'm doing, kiss ass, step on the people that I don't need to kiss ass, etc.....

I think that covers it.
You are about as mislead as the tow truck jockey.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:20 PM   #104
shaker
In the band!
 
Join Date: 09-10-06
Location: West Branch
Posts: 1,070
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
Wrong. The people that were given the recent $1M+ bonuses were NOT from the areas of the company that created the huge mess at AIG. These people were brought in from other areas of the company to tackle the huge issue of liquidating a $1 Trillion+ portfolio of credit derivatives in such a manner as to not further erode the solvency of the company AND in such a way that it didn't further destroy our economy. These people were given a highly complex task with a definitive end. Once that task was completed properly, they were promised (under very legal contracts) to recieve a retention bonus. Once the task was complete, most of the people doing it would no longer have a job at AIG. This is why they were promised a retention bonus. AIG needed their skills to finish the task and without these bonuses they would have left for jobs elsewhere. These aren't typical main street Edward Jones investment advisor type employees. These are people that can do math that is so far above and beyond a normal person that they command a lot of money in the market for their abilities.

So, you are wrong. Any more stupid comments, idiotic questions, or are you just going to continue bitching about things that you really just aren't capable of comprehending?

Are you going for a world record of ignorant post?

Source = http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/03/.../19webaig2.php

Quote:
The A.I.G. chief said that some bonus recipients had already offered to give up all of their payments.

I am sure they are willing to give up the bonuses, because they feel they earned them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
The lawmakers, having heard from their furious constituents, seemed unwilling to be mollified by the pledge from Mr. Liddy, who took the helm at A.I.G. last fall after it had begun imploding because of reckless investments, that the company's 116,000 employees were united in wanting to work out of the morass, and work "shoulder to shoulder" with federal regulators.

Instead, the lawmakers were focused on the recipients of seven-figure bonuses at the very unit that caused A.I.G. "to teeter on the brink of collapse," as Representative Paul E. Kanjorski, the Pennsylvania Democrat who heads the capital markets subcommittee, put it.
Maybe you should do a little research, instead of just putting your foot in your mouth.

However you are representing the Granholm Administration brilliantly.
shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:31 PM   #105
shaker
In the band!
 
Join Date: 09-10-06
Location: West Branch
Posts: 1,070
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
You are about as mislead as the tow truck jockey.
Yeah, because everyone knows all tow truck drivers are uneducated fat guys with some sort of fast food slopped down the front of them.


You really are a special kinda tool.
shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:46 PM   #106
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,492
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

im not going to lie I NEED A LIFE where can i return this one?
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:52 PM   #107
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,943
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker View Post
Are you going for a world record of ignorant post?

Source = http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/03/.../19webaig2.php




I am sure they are willing to give up the bonuses, because they feel they earned them.



Maybe you should do a little research, instead of just putting your foot in your mouth.

However you are representing the Granholm Administration brilliantly.

Ok Mr. fat sloppy fast food dribbling tow truck jockey, the people that are giving up those bonuses are doing so out of fear. They are getting death threats against them and their families from people like you that don't understand what they are pissed off about. So, before you go off telling me to do MY research, maybe you should drink your own koolaid. How much of the congressional hearings did you listen to on Wednesday?

I do not represent the Granholm administration. I applied for and was appointed to an industry specific oversight commission. It had nothing to do with her other than the fact that it was her responsibility to appoint the people to the board. It sickened me to even have to send my application to her office.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:53 PM   #108
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,943
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker View Post
Yeah, because everyone knows all tow truck drivers are uneducated fat guys with some sort of fast food slopped down the front of them.


You really are a special kinda tool.
What was it like riding the short bus? Did they have to use the lift to get you in or could you figure out the steps all by yourself?
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 04:00 PM   #109
shaker
In the band!
 
Join Date: 09-10-06
Location: West Branch
Posts: 1,070
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
Ok Mr. fat sloppy fast food dribbling tow truck jockey, the people that are giving up those bonuses are doing so out of fear. They are getting death threats against them and their families from people like you that don't understand what they are pissed off about. So, before you go off telling me to do MY research, maybe you should drink your own koolaid. How much of the congressional hearings did you listen to on Wednesday?

I do not represent the Granholm administration. I applied for and was appointed to an industry specific oversight commission. It had nothing to do with her other than the fact that it was her responsibility to appoint the people to the board. It sickened me to even have to send my application to her office.

Nothing but and self loathing in all your post. Try backing up anything you say with some sort of fact for crying out loud.



You sir, have been weighed, you have been measured, and you are found wanting and unworthy of anymore cognitive reply's.
shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 04:39 PM   #110
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,943
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker View Post
Nothing but and self loathing in all your post. Try backing up anything you say with some sort of fact for crying out loud.



You sir, have been weighed, you have been measured, and you are found wanting and unworthy of anymore cognitive reply's.
You are hilarious. When did you say you were going to post cognitive replys to start with?
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 09:52 PM   #111
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,383
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
You are about as mislead as the tow truck jockey.


Nope, not mislead at all. My original comment was tongue in cheek but you chose to extrapolate that into a percieved lack of intelligence on my part. So much for having alittle fun on the interweb.

From your comments I can tell you are a self loathing intravert who can only make themselves feel better by taking cheap shots at other people's intelligence and social stature.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 10:38 PM   #112
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,492
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

this feels to me like someone is fishing

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2009, 06:49 AM   #113
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,943
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
Nope, not mislead at all. My original comment was tongue in cheek but you chose to extrapolate that into a percieved lack of intelligence on my part. So much for having alittle fun on the interweb.

From your comments I can tell you are a self loathing intravert who can only make themselves feel better by taking cheap shots at other people's intelligence and social stature.
Damnit you fool. There is no room for sarcasm on the internet!!!
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2009, 02:56 PM   #114
JohnnyJ
Low Range Drifter
 
JohnnyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Hartland, MI
Posts: 6,113
iTrader: (37)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Interesting article on the AIG bonuses:

http://www.forbes.com/2009/03/24/aig...rtner=yahootix

The article goes into detail about overstating earnings based on underpricing insurance/warranties.

This seems a lot of like anti-gun laws. In my opinion, we don't need more anti-gun laws, we just need to enforce the ones we have. And we don't need congress making up new taxes or making more rules, but we need to enforce the rules we have. The SEC needs to investigate what happened to determine the soruce of failure, and potenitally bring forward fraud charges if the evidence shows there was fraud.

Quote:
So, we don't need Congress to tax back the bonuses. We need the SEC to get in there, jump all over the corporate boards and make them restate the bogus revenues and earnings upon which these bonuses were paid. The Justice Department should also be called in to investigate whether fraud was committed. Then we'll have the basis to take back the money, legally.
__________________
Neither Skinny Nor Pretty DEAK Racing 4517 Ultra 4 Mod Class Rig
Surviving Project Car Hell - We have all been there
JohnnyJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2009, 04:56 PM   #115
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
this feels to me like someone is fishing


I wonder if they clean that seat off before you start fishing again??
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2009, 05:45 PM   #116
upchuck
Senior Member
 
upchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-16-07
Location: grand rapids, Michigan
Posts: 1,100
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Of, by and for the biggest campaign contributor over the years, not We the People. That is our current government despite the mission statement in the Preamble.
To see those of both parties feign indignation when they suck on the financial oligarchy's tit is disgusting
upchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2009, 05:55 PM   #117
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,405
iTrader: (35)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
I wonder if they clean that seat off before you start fishing again??
Not unlike my ex-wife's pants, I wonder if they'll ever get the tuna smell out of the seat.
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.23358 seconds with 46 queries