Rockwelled Grand Cherokee - Page 6 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The recycle bin.
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The recycle bin. Posts deemed annoying. If you see your post here, take a hint.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 24th, 2008, 08:42 PM   #101
GOTRCKS
"RHINO ZJ"
 
GOTRCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-06
Location: Grand Blanc, MI
Posts: 760
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaner View Post
no really ?


If you are serious, you can PM me as I explained before. But I am sure you already know why it is going on.
GOTRCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old November 24th, 2008, 09:11 PM   #102
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 22,054
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTRCKS View Post
I couldn't agree more. I haven't "self-promoted", or "attentioned whored", since the Off-Road Advenures thing. Everyone else keeps doing it for me. I have been lying back and reading all of the over me and my rig for some time now.

In the beginning, I thought it was ok to talk about the rig, and the sponsors, etc, etc. But after a few people started in on me for doing so, I suddenly became a big douche, and an attention whore, etc. etc.

So the question for me is, who really blew me out of proportion? Me, or the select few on this site who have made it their life's passion to try and continue the for their own personal entertainment?

Yes, I was once very excited about my rig, and yes I talked about it all the time. I was proud of it, and I wanted to share it with the world. Did I go about in a way that might have offended some people. Obviously. Was it intentional? No. Look at all of the other people out there who brag about their rigs. I'm not saying it is right. And obviously my past has a lot to do with the situation. But it is the past. Move on for crying out loud.

I am trying to post in a manner to be positive. I am not bashing anyone, or trying to be malicious, or a "douche". I just want to move forward, and try to get passed all of this B.S..

Quite frankly I'm pretty good with this reply.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2008, 09:41 PM   #103
brimy311
Smells like a Fork Liftis
 
brimy311's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Kzoo, mi
Posts: 4,092
iTrader: (42)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to brimy311
Default

This build up thread sucks!
__________________
JcrOffroad.com
Like us on Faceook!
brimy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2008, 09:46 PM   #104
JKOZ
yes
 
JKOZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-22-06
Location: Midland,MI
Posts: 436
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTRCKS View Post
Once again someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. Did you build it the first time? Are you affiliated with the shop who did? Did you buy the parts on my invoice? Please quit jumping on the band wagon acting like you know what is going on with something you know very little about. You weren't there.

You are right about one thing. The steering did fail. The drag link fell off. But it DID NOT have full hydro, at the time, it only had hydro assist. It does how ever have full hydro now.
You always humor me in the ways you like to twist the story.

I guess to clear things up I should scan and post the detailed warning you signed off to stating your vehicle was in no condition to be leaving as it was no where near done, it was not safe to drive any where and was supposed to be brought back after you went and showed it off at the mounds on the trailer.
Your funny--the steering just fell off
Fact is I took you to court, you never initiated any type of legal action as you knew you where in the wrong and just trying to save face.

Have a great evening, and try not to kill someone the next time you drive something you shouldn't be.
JKOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2008, 09:46 PM   #105
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,754
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimy311 View Post
This build up thread sucks!Where is the windsheild bar?
I agree, it needs a windsheild bar.
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2008, 09:47 PM   #106
brimy311
Smells like a Fork Liftis
 
brimy311's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Kzoo, mi
Posts: 4,092
iTrader: (42)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to brimy311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY View Post
I agree, it needs a windsheild bar.
Then he would have to redo his patent!
__________________
JcrOffroad.com
Like us on Faceook!
brimy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2008, 09:51 PM   #107
TopHeavy
Yikes!
 
TopHeavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: New Hudson, MI
Posts: 1,415
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKOZ View Post
You always humor me in the ways you like to twist the story.

I guess to clear things up I should scan and post the detailed warning you signed off to stating your vehicle was in no condition to be leaving as it was no where near done, it was not safe to drive any where and was supposed to be brought back after you went and showed it off at the mounds on the trailer.
Your funny--the steering just fell off
Fact is I took you to court, you never initiated any type of legal action as you knew you where in the wrong and just trying to save face.

Have a great evening, and try not to kill someone the next time you drive something you shouldn't be.

FTW!!! Please Please Please scan the warning.
__________________
Buy My CJ7
TopHeavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2008, 10:02 PM   #108
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,754
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimy311 View Post
Then he would have to redo his patent!
yeah but....but....but....ah shit your right.
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2008, 10:12 PM   #109
Tab
Senior Member
 
Tab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Freeland, mi
Posts: 4,909
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKOZ View Post
You always humor me in the ways you like to twist the story.

I guess to clear things up I should scan and post the detailed warning you signed off to stating your vehicle was in no condition to be leaving as it was no where near done, it was not safe to drive any where and was supposed to be brought back after you went and showed it off at the mounds on the trailer.
Your funny--the steering just fell off
Fact is I took you to court, you never initiated any type of legal action as you knew you where in the wrong and just trying to save face.

Have a great evening, and try not to kill someone the next time you drive something you shouldn't be.
Game, set, match.
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2008, 10:13 PM   #110
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,798
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Default

People that think their rigs are the greatest thing EVER are just silly.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2008, 10:25 PM   #111
Red Barn Customs
TGW SUPER STAR
 
Red Barn Customs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-24-08
Location: Yale, Michigan
Posts: 147
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Looks like a clean build, l like it do you have any more pics ???

Luke Mud Walker
Red Barn Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 12:06 AM   #112
superduty03
Senior Member
 
superduty03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-13-08
Location: Fenton
Posts: 1,135
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

if I was a shop owner I WOULD NOT let a vehicle leave under ANY circumstance even if there was a signed warning, that's just asking for trouble no matter how you look at it. And if it left under warning then wouldn't it be just as unsafe off the road as it is on the road? Now this is just an opinion but I think a lot of fingers are being pointed at the man who was not the mechanic. Now on the other hand this is really a great build being done by a talented group of guys up at 2tm and I think that this thread should re-focus on that instead of what's in the past.
superduty03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 01:49 AM   #113
junk90xj
ALLPRO AUTO
 
junk90xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: lansing
Posts: 4,558
iTrader: (47)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty03 View Post
if I was a shop owner I WOULD NOT let a vehicle leave under ANY circumstance even if there was a signed warning, that's just asking for trouble no matter how you look at it. And if it left under warning then wouldn't it be just as unsafe off the road as it is on the road? Now this is just an opinion but I think a lot of fingers are being pointed at the man who was not the mechanic. Now on the other hand this is really a great build being done by a talented group of guys up at 2tm and I think that this thread should re-focus on that instead of what's in the past.
legally you cannot hold a customers vehicle hostage if the current bill is paid.
even if its not finished or safe. its their property and they have every right to take it if the bill is paid.

x2 on the refocus thing.
__________________
http://www.apalansing.com/
junk90xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 01:52 AM   #114
junk90xj
ALLPRO AUTO
 
junk90xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: lansing
Posts: 4,558
iTrader: (47)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTRCKS View Post
I couldn't agree more. I haven't "self-promoted", or "attentioned whored", since the Off-Road Advenures thing. Everyone else keeps doing it for me. I have been lying back and reading all of the over me and my rig for some time now.

In the beginning, I thought it was ok to talk about the rig, and the sponsors, etc, etc. But after a few people started in on me for doing so, I suddenly became a big douche, and an attention whore, etc. etc.

So the question for me is, who really blew me out of proportion? Me, or the select few on this site who have made it their life's passion to try and continue the for their own personal entertainment?

Yes, I was once very excited about my rig, and yes I talked about it all the time. I was proud of it, and I wanted to share it with the world. Did I go about in a way that might have offended some people. Obviously. Was it intentional? No. Look at all of the other people out there who brag about their rigs. I'm not saying it is right. And obviously my past has a lot to do with the situation. But it is the past. Move on for crying out loud.

I am trying to post in a manner to be positive. I am not bashing anyone, or trying to be malicious, or a "douche". I just want to move forward, and try to get passed all of this B.S..
this is the best post i have ever seen you made. keep the positive attitude and im sure things all will be good eventually but you can never please everyone.
__________________
http://www.apalansing.com/
junk90xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 01:52 AM   #115
junk90xj
ALLPRO AUTO
 
junk90xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: lansing
Posts: 4,558
iTrader: (47)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTRCKS View Post
I couldn't agree more. I haven't "self-promoted", or "attentioned whored", since the Off-Road Advenures thing. Everyone else keeps doing it for me. I have been lying back and reading all of the over me and my rig for some time now.

In the beginning, I thought it was ok to talk about the rig, and the sponsors, etc, etc. But after a few people started in on me for doing so, I suddenly became a big douche, and an attention whore, etc. etc.

So the question for me is, who really blew me out of proportion? Me, or the select few on this site who have made it their life's passion to try and continue the for their own personal entertainment?

Yes, I was once very excited about my rig, and yes I talked about it all the time. I was proud of it, and I wanted to share it with the world. Did I go about in a way that might have offended some people. Obviously. Was it intentional? No. Look at all of the other people out there who brag about their rigs. I'm not saying it is right. And obviously my past has a lot to do with the situation. But it is the past. Move on for crying out loud.

I am trying to post in a manner to be positive. I am not bashing anyone, or trying to be malicious, or a "douche". I just want to move forward, and try to get passed all of this B.S..
this is the best post i have ever seen you make. keep the positive attitude and im sure things all will be good eventually but you can never please everyone.
__________________
http://www.apalansing.com/
junk90xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 02:08 AM   #116
1badzuk
Senior Member
 
1badzuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-21-07
Location: grand rapids mi
Posts: 3,786
iTrader: (51)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

cool build i want to know what happened in the accident!
1badzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 07:39 AM   #117
Renegade II
Coil springs are for pens
 
Renegade II's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-01-06
Location: Frankenmuth, Mi.
Posts: 3,313
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badzuk View Post
..... i want to know what happened in the accident!
A school bus full of Nuns and puppies were killed, very sad
Renegade II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 09:41 AM   #118
silverxj
Recovering XJ owner
 
silverxj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,620
iTrader: (64)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junk90xj View Post
legally you cannot hold a customers vehicle hostage if the current bill is paid.
even if its not finished or safe. its their property and they have every right to take it if the bill is paid.
.
silverxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 09:51 AM   #119
KartRacer
Blowd up
 
KartRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-05
Location: Riverside, MI 49084
Posts: 6,335
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to KartRacer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimy311 View Post
Then he would have to redo his patent!
Don't forget grinding new scratches into the paint.
KartRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 09:51 AM   #120
mpsbvp
Hummer recovery team
 
mpsbvp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-04-06
Location: Clio MI
Posts: 2,086
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mpsbvp Send a message via Yahoo to mpsbvp
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade II View Post
A school bus full of Nuns and puppies were killed, very sad
mpsbvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The recycle bin.
Tags
bacon pockets, band wagon, buliduplessbuildthread, patent pending..., ydontpeoplelikemyjeep

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.36950 seconds with 81 queries