Some Comparisons Between Candidates - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 31st, 2008, 06:08 PM   #21
Infinite_Wisdumb
.
 
Join Date: 05-18-06
Location: mi
Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrlnd View Post
wisdumb go down and read

http://www.ontheissues.org/Barack_Obama.htm

do google search sometime.

oh wait, I forgot you need to wait until the government does it for you. sorry.
Been to that site before. Went there again to confirm what I already knew. Your statements above are, in fact, mostly opinions as I stated.
Infinite_Wisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old October 31st, 2008, 07:22 PM   #22
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,623
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

This is the same drivel. Obama has done nothing special to warrant being president. His campaign has been nothing more than tuning rhetoric for two years to maximize polls. In fact his record is one of the least remarkable of anyone to run for that office. In fact with his associates and socialist proposals he ring more subversive all the time.

Last edited by XXXJ; November 1st, 2008 at 09:22 AM.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2008, 08:01 PM   #23
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb View Post
Been to that site before. Went there again to confirm what I already knew. Your statements above are, in fact, mostly opinions as I stated.
here is what you and obama don't seem to grasp.

if you are going to force people to pay more so deadbeats can have crack money the people making the money are going to find a way to hide what they make. whether it is pull out of the market, dump their 401k & take the 50% hit and run with their cash. businesses will be more inclined to cook the books and or take more cash only sales and hide the reality of it. even worse is there would be a % of small businesses where the owners would liquidate and then shut down to avoid senseless over government. Obama operates on a paper model of economy and government and refuses to realize that it has been a proven failure time and again.
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2008, 08:08 PM   #24
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,837
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Originally Posted by ovrlnd
John McCain is an american who has served and sacrificed for this country

Obama is not. Kerry was and Bush wasnt, you still voted Bush Dubya served - the facts are undeniable and TX ANG counts a hell of a lot more than "community organizer"
Obama does not like america your opinion, not fact True - it is an opinion. However, I'll offer that Obama's vision of a "perfect USA" differs greatly from mine.
Obama does not like free marketyour opinion not fact Obama has repeatedly stated that he wants more regulation of the markets - especially after the recent debacle.
Obama is a socialistyour opinion not fact He has clearly expressed a desire to see the redistribution of wealth on several occasions. Granted, those discussions were pretty idealistic and abstract, but it still provides a glimpse into the mind of Obama, a product of the EEO system and beneficiary of some wealth distribution (i.e. who paid his Columbia and Harvard bills after he (per his claims) gave up the nose candy.
Obama has current as 2003 ties with ayershttp://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/he_lied_about_bill_ayers.html
Regardless of how long ago it was that Ayers committed treasonous crimes, he still committed them, and has no remorse about it.
Obama feels the constitution is flawedyour opinion not fact I heard his talk on it - academically, he thinks it's flawed and reflects the small minds of it's writers.
Obama's Wife is not proud of americayour opinion not fact WRONG - that ungrateful EEO wench said the words - and there is no denying or spinning of them - "For the first time in my adult lifetime, I'm really proud of my country, and not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change." So, this woman who benefitted in a BIG way from the system (daughter of a South Side Chicago union official who gets a big name brand law degree riding the EEO rocket sled ) can NOW be proud of the country that provided her with every possible opportunity. A true glimpse into the soul.
Obama's Wife has denounced americashow me the reference for this if it is true Agree - not sure what you're talking about here (other than the above) .
Obama took his family to an anti american, racist, anti semitic church for 20 yearsill give you that one, i dont like that reverend either Ditto - bad choice - perhaps another viewpoint into the mind of Obama? Trying to balance "street cred" with image...
Obama is for BIG governmentorly? seems to me the are also for big government A two-front war and repairing the damage eight years of Bubba Clinton did to our defense and intelligence capabilities (a great way to come up with a budget surplus - scrap the military) is not cheap. However, it's different than FDR-style "big government".
Obama is anti gunquite possibly Pretty clear and consistent anti- 2nd Amendment track record.
Obama is anti Votingyour opinion not fact Dunno -it seems like Obama and ACORN want everyone who'll go to vote as many times as possible.
Obama is spending ungodly amounts of money on his campaign, what do you think he is going to do when he gets into officeyour opinion, not fact Not really - he's setting new standards in spending money - money provided by special interests who WILL come looking to recover their investments.
Obama is a cock sucking attention whore who is bad for americayour opinion, not fact Obama is perhaps the definitive packaged candidate. He's got the sizzle: great (controlled. scripted) speaking skills, the "history making" black guy angle, and the Ivy League credentials that just swoon over. But he's all sizzle, and no steak. His lack of track record (and therefore culpability) is his primary strength.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.

Last edited by DuffMan; November 2nd, 2008 at 08:53 AM.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2008, 01:37 AM   #25
gofastbobby
The guy Dale doesn't know
 
gofastbobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-10-07
Location: kalamazoo, mi
Posts: 4,181
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb View Post
Ah yes, you have proven my point splendidly.

1) If Obama had never gone to school you would call him uneducated and unfit to lead.
2) If Obama had a divorce or was a baby daddy you would say "Typical black male", unfit to lead.
3) If Obama graduated in the lower 2% of his class you would call him a slacker and say he is unfit to lead.
4) If McCain was a lawyer, you would say "He knows the law and will uphold it" If Obama is a lawyer "I dont trust lawyers, he is no good"
5) If Obamas wife was a drug addict, you would be all over it, saying she is unfit to be first lady, etc etc. Never mind both Cindy AND Rush are addicts and broke the law during their addictions.

My point here are the double standards that are used against Obama and for McCain. Obama is clearly perfectly capable of leading and learning. He did well in school, something McCain did not. He came from a broken home, therefore he understands the needs of those in that situation, McCain is so rich he cannot determine how many houses he owns.

And you wonder why the party is crippled and losing political power. Look at your candidates and role models without your blinders on.
i'm glad you know so much about all of us.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatFender View Post
America! Fuck yeah!
gofastbobby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 02:05 PM   #26
RANGER_DANGER
Now I Got a V8!
 
RANGER_DANGER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-06
Location: Sanford/Midland
Posts: 692
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to RANGER_DANGER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb View Post
He came from a broken home, therefore he understands the needs of those in that situation,
Yeah, and who comes from those broken homes? Usually screwed up for life mental psycho's. Given that Obama doesn't seem to be as bad as most but being in that environment he could (and appears to) have adopted some very skewed views about the American people and government. (Although I can't see how it could have been that bad if he went to school and became a lawyer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrlnd View Post
even worse is there would be a % of small businesses where the owners would liquidate and then shut down to avoid senseless over government.
Actually I have experience with this. My parents ran a business, they have been downsizing it for about 5 years, with plans to liquidate and retire. Well they decided to liquidate the business this year simply to avoid the ungodly taxing that Obama would bring if he is elected.
RANGER_DANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 02:23 PM   #27
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER_DANGER View Post
Actually I have experience with this. My parents ran a business, they have been downsizing it for about 5 years, with plans to liquidate and retire. Well they decided to liquidate the business this year simply to avoid the ungodly taxing that Obama would bring if he is elected.
I know. this is a very real and scary threat.

but here is the kicker.

this is what obama wants to happen. I guarantee he wants things to get much worse so he can swoop in with a 100% communist agenda and remove any control from the people. it's all baby steps for his "final solution"
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 02:34 PM   #28
RANGER_DANGER
Now I Got a V8!
 
RANGER_DANGER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-06
Location: Sanford/Midland
Posts: 692
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to RANGER_DANGER
Default

Americans I doubt will let a 100% socialist/communist government happen, even if he wants it to. There will be people that instead of giving up guns will go bury them in their back yard for a "rainy day".

We can't be like Australia and be forced to turn in our weapons, not all people are that stupid.

Well at the end of the day though, it isn't bad enough to leave the US although I know people who are pretty damn close to it.
RANGER_DANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 02:40 PM   #29
Infinite_Wisdumb
.
 
Join Date: 05-18-06
Location: mi
Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER_DANGER View Post
Americans I doubt will let a 100% socialist/communist government happen, even if he wants it to. There will be people that instead of giving up guns will go bury them in their back yard for a "rainy day".

We can't be like Australia and be forced to turn in our weapons, not all people are that stupid.

Well at the end of the day though, it isn't bad enough to leave the US although I know people who are pretty damn close to it.
Anyone who will leave the USA because Obama is elected is foolish. They have obviously never been anywhere outside of the USA or they would realize how wonderful our country is. Go ahead and live in Mexico, Canada, Congo, Iran or Ukraine. You will not be missed.
Infinite_Wisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 02:43 PM   #30
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER_DANGER View Post
Americans I doubt will let a 100% socialist/communist government happen, even if he wants it to. There will be people that instead of giving up guns will go bury them in their back yard for a "rainy day".

We can't be like Australia and be forced to turn in our weapons, not all people are that stupid.

Well at the end of the day though, it isn't bad enough to leave the US although I know people who are pretty damn close to it.
you would think. however, these are the same people who were stupid enough to elect him. all he needs is the people to be hurting and needy. when you can't feed your family, buy the necessary stuff but all you have to do is give obama totalitarian control. many lazy fuckers would welcome the chance.
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 02:46 PM   #31
RANGER_DANGER
Now I Got a V8!
 
RANGER_DANGER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-06
Location: Sanford/Midland
Posts: 692
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to RANGER_DANGER
Default

No, probably not just because he's elected.

But would you want to live here if we became a communist country and Obama wanted your guns and took most of the money you make?

I'm not talking about myself moving but I was just trying to say if we still live here then it can't be that bad and it probably never will be.

Edit: good point ovrlnd, an election for Obama for president makes me think the majority of the american people are comprised of idiots.
RANGER_DANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 02:50 PM   #32
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb View Post
Anyone who will leave the USA because Obama is elected is foolish. They have obviously never been anywhere outside of the USA or they would realize how wonderful our country is. Go ahead and live in Mexico, Canada, Congo, Iran or Ukraine. You will not be missed.

it's not leaving because he is elected. it's because of the stupid shit he is planning to do. if he gets in and gets his way to impose his "spread the wealth" communist obama doctrine, well america is at that point dead. what arises is still yet to be seen. however people would not be fleeing america, they will be fleeing the central north america socialist republic.
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 02:51 PM   #33
Infinite_Wisdumb
.
 
Join Date: 05-18-06
Location: mi
Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER_DANGER View Post
No, probably not just because he's elected.

But would you want to live here if we became a communist country and Obama wanted your guns and took most of the money you make?

I'm not talking about myself moving but I was just trying to say if we still live here then it can't be that bad and it probably never will be.
You are corect Sir.

In addition, we have a split senate. All these republican bedwetters on this site do not have a grasp of how our system works. There are too many people in the senate who can cast dissenting votes to let any of these doomsday theories play out. There are too many moderate in the house and senate to allow gestapo politics to come to fruition. The on this site are just angry that their party has become the party of loss after so many years in power.
Infinite_Wisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 02:58 PM   #34
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb View Post
You are corect Sir.

In addition, we have a split senate. All these republican bedwetters on this site do not have a grasp of how our system works. There are too many people in the senate who can cast dissenting votes to let any of these doomsday theories play out. There are too many moderate in the house and senate to allow gestapo politics to come to fruition. The on this site are just angry that their party has become the party of loss after so many years in power.
you presume too much. you are the quintessential obama supporter. the promise of a better life at no additional work or cost to you. the rainbow seekers. the growing mass of lazy zombies feeling that they should sit at home and get a check simply for their presence on earth. because your politically correct upbringing told you everyone is special and nobody looses. if mccain loses we will find another way to combat obama. we will adapt and counter his "final solution" politics. for you, you will be destine to be a yes man for the communist regime or pray that the resistance helps you out. In two years I will still proudly say I voted for mccain. how many will proudly say the voted for commnism 2 years from now.
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 03:02 PM   #35
Niteowl
"Do as I say,Not as I Do"
 
Niteowl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-18-07
Location: Houghton Lake,Mi
Posts: 139
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Originally Posted by ovrlnd
John McCain is an american who has served and sacrificed for this country

Obama is not. Kerry was and Bush wasnt, you still voted Bush Dubya served - the facts are undeniable and TX ANG counts a hell of a lot more than "community organizer"
Obama does not like america your opinion, not fact True - it is an opinion. However, I'll offer that Obama's vision of a "perfect USA" differs greatly from mine.
Obama does not like free marketyour opinion not fact Obama has repeatedly stated that he wants more regulation of the markets - especially after the recent debacle.
Obama is a socialistyour opinion not fact He has clearly expressed a desire to see the redistribution of wealth on several occasions. Granted, those discussions were pretty idealistic and abstract, but it still provides a glimpse into the mind of Obama, a product of the EEO system and beneficiary of some wealth distribution (i.e. who paid his Columbia and Harvard bills after he (per his claims) gave up the nose candy.
Obama has current as 2003 ties with ayershttp://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/he_lied_about_bill_ayers.html
Regardless of how long ago it was that Ayers committed treasonous crimes, he still committed them, and has no remorse about it.
Obama feels the constitution is flawedyour opinion not fact I heard his talk on it - academically, he thinks it's flawed and reflects the small minds of it's writers.
Obama's Wife is not proud of americayour opinion not fact WRONG - that ungrateful EEO wench said the words - and there is no denying or spinning of them - "For the first time in my adult lifetime, I'm really proud of my country, and not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change." So, this woman who benefitted in a BIG way from the system (daughter of a South Side Chicago union official who gets a big name brand law degree riding the EEO rocket sled ) can NOW be proud of the country that provided her with every possible opportunity. A true glimpse into the soul.
Obama's Wife has denounced americashow me the reference for this if it is true Agree - not sure what you're talking about here (other than the above) .
Obama took his family to an anti american, racist, anti semitic church for 20 yearsill give you that one, i dont like that reverend either Ditto - bad choice - perhaps another viewpoint into the mind of Obama? Trying to balance "street cred" with image...
Obama is for BIG governmentorly? seems to me the are also for big government A two-front war and repairing the damage eight years of Bubba Clinton did to our defense and intelligence capabilities (a great way to come up with a budget surplus - scrap the military) is not cheap. However, it's different than FDR-style "big government".
Obama is anti gunquite possibly Pretty clear and consistent anti- 2nd Amendment track record.
Obama is anti Votingyour opinion not fact Dunno -it seems like Obama and ACORN want everyone who'll go to vote as many times as possible.
Obama is spending ungodly amounts of money on his campaign, what do you think he is going to do when he gets into officeyour opinion, not fact Not really - he's setting new standards in spending money - money provided by special interests who WILL come looking to recover their investments.
Obama is a cock sucking attention whore who is bad for americayour opinion, not fact Obama is perhaps the definitive packaged candidate. He's got the sizzle: great (controlled. scripted) speaking skills, the "history making" black guy angle, and the Ivy League credentials that just swoon over. But he's all sizzle, and no steak. His lack of track record (and therefore culpability) is his primary strength.

I vote "DUFFMAN" very well debated my friend. I especially like the way you vocalized the "TRUTH" with undeniable fact!

I will continue to pray for all the little lost who are flocking to his rhetoric..
Niteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 03:05 PM   #36
RANGER_DANGER
Now I Got a V8!
 
RANGER_DANGER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-06
Location: Sanford/Midland
Posts: 692
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to RANGER_DANGER
Default

I agree with you ovrlnd, I too will be able to say that I voted for mccain 2 years from now but I really do doubt that a communist government could happen in 2 years, give him 8 and we'll see what he's made of...hopefully in 4 years or less the people who voted for this whacko will realize the mistake they made and he will be booted from office if he is elected of course.
RANGER_DANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 03:18 PM   #37
Niteowl
"Do as I say,Not as I Do"
 
Niteowl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-18-07
Location: Houghton Lake,Mi
Posts: 139
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

[QUOTE=RANGER_DANGER;1358014]I agree with you ovrlnd, I too will be able to say that I voted for mccain 2 years from now but I really do doubt that a communist government could happen in 2 years, give him 8 and we'll see what he's made of...

x3


Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER_DANGER View Post
hopefully in 4 years or less the people who voted for this whacko will realize the mistake they made and (s)he will be booted from office if (s)he is elected of course.
But we also thought that way about Jenny(and look what the flock did) What do we need to do? Pass out construction paper and crayon's and draw picture's???
Niteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 03:22 PM   #38
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niteowl View Post
But we also thought that way about Jenny(and look what the flock did) What do we need to do? Pass out construction paper and crayon's and draw picture's???
yes, well according to jenny Bush is the one who dictated michigan policy.
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 08:35 PM   #39
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,354
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

The Unibomber also went to Harvard.

http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/2000/06/chase.htm




In the fall of 1958 Theodore Kaczynski, a brilliant but vulnerable boy of sixteen, entered Harvard College. There he encountered a prevailing intellectual atmosphere of anti-technological despair. There, also, he was deceived into subjecting himself to a series of purposely brutalizing psychological experiments -- experiments that may have confirmed his still-forming belief in the evil of science.
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Tags
infinite dumba$$

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.55684 seconds with 78 queries