Campaign Ads Getting On My Nerves... - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 7th, 2008, 07:32 PM   #1
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,843
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Campaign Ads Getting On My Nerves...

Okay kiddies, listen up.

I'm tired of hearing the Obama healthcare ad.

Here's the deal:

1) McCain's idea of taxing healthcare benefits sucks.. However, the odds of a controlled Congress passing it are nil, so it's essentially a non-issue.

2) Obama's "plan", while it sounds better sucks as well. Let's see, if the Congress passes his plan (a key point they all omit from their "plans"):

Require insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions so all Americans regardless of their health status or history can get comprehensive benefits at fair and stable premiums.

Requiring private businesses (i.e insurance companies) to do things contrary to their best interests will result in higher premiums for everyone. And if you think premiums are high now, just stand by. "Fair" will take on a whole new meaning...

Create a new Small Business Health Tax Credit to help small businesses provide affordable health insurance to their employees.

Let's see, we're gonna jack up taxes on all businesses - and especially small businesses - and then give them a token tax credit to pay for employee health care premiums. hmmmm.

Lower costs for businesses by covering a portion of the catastrophic health costs they pay in return for lower premiums for employees.

Just like MI does for our auto insurance - and we all see how low THAT is (btw - for those who've only lived in MI, car insurance here is fcuking astronomical).

Prevent insurers from overcharging doctors for their malpractice insurance and invest in proven strategies to reduce preventable medical errors.

So, the government is going to tell doctors how to be better doctors? Unlikely. How about tort reform and the elimination of class-action lawsuits against drug and medical companies?

Make employer contributions more fair by requiring large employers that do not offer coverage or make a meaningful contribution to the cost of quality health coverage for their employees to contribute a percentage of payroll toward the costs of their employees health care.

Government-mandated healthcare benefits? That'll certainly help drive more businesses offshore. Realize, btw, this is designed to punish Walmart for success.

Establish a National Health Insurance Exchange with a range of private insurance options as well as a new public plan based on benefits available to members of Congress that will allow individuals and small businesses to buy affordable health coverage.

Interesting idea. Who runs this exchange? Who pays for it? Another government agency?

Ensure everyone who needs it will receive a tax credit for their premiums.

Define "everyone who needs it". Like much of Obama's "plan" it sounds good, but ultimately means nothing.

All content lifted verbatim from barackobama.com
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old October 7th, 2008, 07:43 PM   #2
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Default

amen.
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2008, 07:48 PM   #3
Mclovin
"The Situation"
 
Mclovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Westland, Mi
Posts: 14,394
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Mclovin Send a message via Yahoo to Mclovin
Default

if i hear " im ***** and i approved the message"' one more time im gona shank out my ears with a bent butter knife !
Mclovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2008, 07:56 PM   #4
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

if your sick of campaign ads, do what i do. tun off the tv.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2008, 08:14 PM   #5
Mclovin
"The Situation"
 
Mclovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Westland, Mi
Posts: 14,394
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Mclovin Send a message via Yahoo to Mclovin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
if your sick of campaign ads, do what i do. tun off the tv.
Tv, Radio, internet..

What am i supposed to do ? go out and wheel ?
Mclovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2008, 08:42 PM   #6
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,516
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclovin View Post
Tv, Radio, internet..

What am i supposed to do ? go out and wheel ?
yep. I've yet to watch one through or hear a complete ad on the radio.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 08:29 AM   #7
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,591
iTrader: (36)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Okay kiddies, listen up.

I'm tired of hearing the Obama healthcare ad.

Here's the deal:

1) McCain's idea of taxing healthcare benefits sucks.. However, the odds of a controlled Congress passing it are nil, so it's essentially a non-issue.

2) Obama's "plan", while it sounds better sucks as well. Let's see, if the Congress passes his plan (a key point they all omit from their "plans"):

Require insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions so all Americans regardless of their health status or history can get comprehensive benefits at fair and stable premiums.

Requiring private businesses (i.e insurance companies) to do things contrary to their best interests will result in higher premiums for everyone. And if you think premiums are high now, just stand by. "Fair" will take on a whole new meaning...

Create a new Small Business Health Tax Credit to help small businesses provide affordable health insurance to their employees.

Let's see, we're gonna jack up taxes on all businesses - and especially small businesses - and then give them a token tax credit to pay for employee health care premiums. hmmmm.

Lower costs for businesses by covering a portion of the catastrophic health costs they pay in return for lower premiums for employees.

Just like MI does for our auto insurance - and we all see how low THAT is (btw - for those who've only lived in MI, car insurance here is fcuking astronomical).

Prevent insurers from overcharging doctors for their malpractice insurance and invest in proven strategies to reduce preventable medical errors.

So, the government is going to tell doctors how to be better doctors? Unlikely. How about tort reform and the elimination of class-action lawsuits against drug and medical companies?

Make employer contributions more fair by requiring large employers that do not offer coverage or make a meaningful contribution to the cost of quality health coverage for their employees to contribute a percentage of payroll toward the costs of their employees health care.

Government-mandated healthcare benefits? That'll certainly help drive more businesses offshore. Realize, btw, this is designed to punish Walmart for success.

Establish a National Health Insurance Exchange with a range of private insurance options as well as a new public plan based on benefits available to members of Congress that will allow individuals and small businesses to buy affordable health coverage.

Interesting idea. Who runs this exchange? Who pays for it? Another government agency?

Ensure everyone who needs it will receive a tax credit for their premiums.

Define "everyone who needs it". Like much of Obama's "plan" it sounds good, but ultimately means nothing.

All content lifted verbatim from barackobama.com

holy fukc Duffy, your color and text formatting choices make your original post appear 3-D on my monitor.
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 09:03 AM   #8
Infinite_Wisdumb
.
 
Join Date: 05-18-06
Location: mi
Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Do you think that the advisors the President puts in place will analyze these points and make the appropriate recommendations just as you have?
Infinite_Wisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 09:30 AM   #9
deuce228
Redneck Poser
 
deuce228's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: West Branch, MI
Posts: 7,971
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

duff for prez
deuce228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 11:36 AM   #10
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,843
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
holy fukc Duffy, your color and text formatting choices make your original post appear 3-D on my monitor.
Trippy, ain't it?
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 07:04 PM   #11
doomsick
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: GR Michigan
Posts: 340
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I haven't owned a tv in 6 years. Doesn't sound like I am missing much
doomsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.97031 seconds with 54 queries