I think I just figured it out... - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 13th, 2008, 03:43 PM   #1
Yetti
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
 
Yetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 20 minutes south of Hell...
Posts: 14,385
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default I think I just figured it out...

...Armagedon that is.

I was just sitting here reading posts about Israel when it came to me. the date that is on the doomsday calender, it might be the day we cut the cord or the day someone does it for us? I was wondering what you thought since the bible calls them the chosen people? they maybe chosen to die in the desert?
__________________
Yetti
Yetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old September 13th, 2008, 04:17 PM   #2
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,824
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti View Post
...Armagedon that is.

I was just sitting here reading posts about Israel when it came to me. the date that is on the doomsday calender, it might be the day we cut the cord or the day someone does it for us? I was wondering what you thought since the bible calls them the chosen people? they maybe chosen to die in the desert?
don't worry, it's not real. If our leaders are basing foreign policy on biblical prophecy, that would be the scary thing....
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2008, 04:45 PM   #3
Yetti
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
 
Yetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 20 minutes south of Hell...
Posts: 14,385
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
don't worry, it's not real. If our leaders are basing foreign policy on biblical prophecy, that would be the scary thing....
GW has the National Park service banned from taking about evolution and time & erosion at the Grand Canyon. the religious right has him conviced it was done in a day, so he has the park service telling that story. so tell me again how our leaders don't pass stuff per the bible?
__________________
Yetti
Yetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2008, 05:05 PM   #4
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,824
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti View Post
GW has the National Park service banned from taking about evolution and time & erosion at the Grand Canyon. the religious right has him conviced it was done in a day, so he has the park service telling that story. so tell me again how our leaders don't pass stuff per the bible?
I didn't say that... I said the scary thing is if our leaders are basing foreign policy on biblical prophecy...and they may well be. Support for Israel + Waging war on Muslim countries...hmm, it's something to think about.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2008, 07:14 PM   #5
Toolmakerprevo
Life is Good!!!
 
Toolmakerprevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-07-08
Location: pontiac
Posts: 820
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Do we wage war on muslim countries? Or just stand up for the little guy thats out numbered? Seems like every one over there wants them dead. Question about the earth being created in Six days. If the Bible states thats the lifetime of a man is nothing but the twinkle in the eye of the Lord who's to say how long 1 day is to the Lord? Just curious on your thoughts.
Toolmakerprevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2008, 07:29 PM   #6
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,824
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolmakerprevo View Post
Do we wage war on muslim countries? Or just stand up for the little guy thats out numbered? Seems like every one over there wants them dead. Question about the earth being created in Six days. If the Bible states thats the lifetime of a man is nothing but the twinkle in the eye of the Lord who's to say how long 1 day is to the Lord? Just curious on your thoughts.
WAT?
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2008, 07:29 PM   #7
BRUSER
Senior Member
 
BRUSER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-08-06
Location: WestSide Michigan
Posts: 1,329
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

United Nations didn't have a problem creating Isreal in the desert in 1948, however now its inconvienent?
BRUSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2008, 07:35 PM   #8
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,824
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUSER View Post
United Nations didn't have a problem creating Isreal in the desert in 1948, however now its inconvienent?
If I was around back then, I would have told them it was a bad idea.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2008, 09:59 PM   #9
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,040
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti View Post
GW has the National Park service banned from taking about evolution and time & erosion at the Grand Canyon. the religious right has him conviced it was done in a day, so he has the park service telling that story. so tell me again how our leaders don't pass stuff per the bible?
proof?
smasheromalley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2008, 10:07 PM   #10
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,824
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasheromalley View Post
proof?
http://www.peer.org/news/news_id.php?row_id=801
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2008, 10:37 PM   #11
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Another liberal democrat organization, Awsome Mike.

The director has 17 years experience in California politics, as a liberal democrat.

Followed by his liberal minions.

Nice non bias site
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2008, 10:44 PM   #12
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,040
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
In light of the link you posted, Yetti's claim is a gross misrepresentation even as described by peer.org. Nowhere does it say park personnel are banned from talking about geographic age of the grand canyon.

The only thing the article says is that the national park service decided to sell a bible thumper book version of the origin of the grand canyon and peer.org is pissed that they cant sue to have the book removed.

Yetti some liberal shithouse is lying to you. Dont fall for it.
smasheromalley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008, 07:56 AM   #13
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti View Post
...Armagedon that is.

I was just sitting here reading posts about Israel when it came to me. the date that is on the doomsday calender, it might be the day we cut the cord or the day someone does it for us? I was wondering what you thought since the bible calls them the chosen people? they maybe chosen to die in the desert?
If you were to try to interpret everything in the Bible, you could make alot of crazy claims. It was made about 2,000 years ago, so it's kind of hard to try and connect it to current events. Every religion around the world has ideas of how their scriptures are connected with the present, past, and future. It has never proven to be a good indicator of upcoming events.
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008, 08:12 AM   #14
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,824
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Another liberal democrat organization, Awsome Mike.

The director has 17 years experience in California politics, as a liberal democrat.

Followed by his liberal minions.

Nice non bias site
I google searched it, and found that website...i'm not gonna spend hours to try to find some non-partisan view, probably because there isn't one. feel free to try...and then post an article from worldnetdaily.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008, 08:13 AM   #15
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,488
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
WAT?
Th eman makes a reasonable response not claiming anything religiously crazy and thats the best you can come up with?
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008, 08:17 AM   #16
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,824
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

what does the Iraq war have to do w/ "the Lord's day"?
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008, 08:18 AM   #17
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,488
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
what does the Iraq war have to do w/ "the Lord's day"?
He didn't say that it did. Is your reading comprehension that bad?
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008, 08:20 AM   #18
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,488
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I didn't say that... I said the scary thing is if our leaders are basing foreign policy on biblical prophecy...and they may well be. Support for Israel + Waging war on Muslim countries...hmm, it's something to think about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolmakerprevo View Post
Do we wage war on muslim countries? Or just stand up for the little guy thats out numbered? Seems like every one over there wants them dead.

NEW SUBJECT AND QUESTION
Question about the earth being created in Six days. If the Bible states thats the lifetime of a man is nothing but the twinkle in the eye of the Lord who's to say how long 1 day is to the Lord? Just curious on your thoughts.
How hard is that sova? Typical socialist douchebag read what you want and twist it how you want to try and make the other guy look like the dumbass....
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008, 08:33 AM   #19
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,824
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolmakerprevo View Post
Do we wage war on muslim countries? Or just stand up for the little guy thats out numbered? Seems like every one over there wants them dead.
What does this mean? who's everyone over there? and who is it that they want dead? this statement is very vague...hence the WAT?

I think the Iraq war was a bad idea. the Bush administration knew it as well...should I pull up the youtube video of Cheney in 92, where he outlined all the reasons not to invade Iraq, which all happened when we invade 10 years later? Standing up for the little guy? Well, does that mean the Iraqi people? Well if we are on a humanitarian mission there, why that particular one instead of numerous others, like, within our own country or even Darfur?
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008, 08:53 AM   #20
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
What does this mean? who's everyone over there? and who is it that they want dead? this statement is very vague...hence the WAT?

I think the Iraq war was a bad idea. the Bush administration knew it as well...should I pull up the youtube video of Cheney in 92, where he outlined all the reasons not to invade Iraq, which all happened when we invade 10 years later? Standing up for the little guy? Well, does that mean the Iraqi people? Well if we are on a humanitarian mission there, why that particular one instead of numerous others, like, within our own country or even Darfur?

Whats the problem with Darfur?

Don't you know the liberal useless U.N. is taking care of that, not GW.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.32344 seconds with 81 queries