Sara Palin the most realistic VP to run in a long time - Page 7 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 10th, 2008, 02:53 PM   #121
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,782
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

I want to know if she really thinks dinosaurs were here 4,000 years ago. I want to know that. I really do. Because shes going to have the nuclear codes.
Matt Damon
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old September 10th, 2008, 03:13 PM   #122
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,570
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I want to know if she really thinks dinosaurs were here 4,000 years ago. I want to know that. I really do. Because shes going to have the nuclear codes.
Matt Damon
She probably doesn't.
She probably believes they were here 40 million years ago.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 06:46 PM   #123
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,467
iTrader: (35)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
“I want to know if she really thinks dinosaurs were here 4,000 years ago. I want to know that. I really do. Because she’s going to have the nuclear codes.”
— Matt Damon
Wow. Matt Damon is so clever.

Another person that gets his thoughts printed for no other reason than he is a celebrity.

"But he played a genius in goodwill hunting!"

__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 07:00 PM   #124
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,837
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I want to know if she really thinks dinosaurs were here 4,000 years ago. I want to know that. I really do. Because shes going to have the nuclear codes.
Matt Damon

I want to know if he really didn't hear any of the hate that Rev. Wright was spewing at him for 20 years. I want to know that. I really do. Because he could have the nuclear launch authorization codes". - P. Duffy
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 07:11 PM   #125
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,686
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Default

P. Duffy!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 08:26 PM   #126
Hombre
I carry a shank
 
Hombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-15-06
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,471
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I want to know if she really thinks dinosaurs were here 4,000 years ago. I want to know that. I really do. Because shes going to have the nuclear codes.
Matt Damon
Matt Damon = mikesova =
Hombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 08:57 PM   #127
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,782
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

i just thought the quote was funny, it didn't matter if Matt Damon said it...it still has a good point. If she believes all of that (like Bush) don't you think she might be "into" fulfilling some biblical prophecies? Just one to think about.

Hombe, you're so good at calling people gay...You must be in the closet with a padlock on the door. It's ok, you can come out now. Don't stay all hung up on that thousand year old book of mythology. I know that your church would shun you if you came out, but maybe that would be good for you. It might open your eyes.

P.S. my fiance will tell you how heterosexual I am, anytime.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 09:29 PM   #128
Hombre
I carry a shank
 
Hombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-15-06
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,471
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
...........Hombe, you're so good at calling people gay...You must be in the closet with a padlock on the door. It's ok, you can come out now. Don't stay all hung up on that thousand year old book of mythology. I know that your church would shun you if you came out, but maybe that would be good for you. It might open your eyes.

P.S. my fiance will tell you how heterosexual I am, anytime.
Ouch. You called me a queer, attacked the Bible and called me closed minded all in one short paragraph. That hurts. That really hurts and is totally uncalled for. I think I'll start a thread about it so I can whine all about it.

Seriously, I'm sure if we met we would probably get along just fine (politics aside). There's no way you can be this big of a douche in real life.
Hombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 09:37 PM   #129
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,445
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
Seriously, I'm sure if we met we would probably get along just fine (politics aside). There's no way you can be this big of a douche in real life.
I've found that to be true of most people here.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 09:42 PM   #130
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,782
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post

Seriously, I'm sure if we met we would probably get along just fine (politics aside).
I'm sure of it.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2008, 11:54 AM   #131
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,558
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Interesting facts from factcheck.org.

it appears that essentially all of the negative BS about Palin is exactly that - BS.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/157986

And the liberal media (aka "Newsweek") actually printed it....

What I find funny here is that FactCheck.org did another FactCheck article debunking the McCain campaigns use of thier Fact Checking.


http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...r_finding.html
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2008, 12:32 PM   #132
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,570
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

They are what they are, McCain a fucked up Viet Nam vet, Obama is a fast talking lawyer in a cheap suit, Biden is a gun grabbing control zealot, and Palin is just another hot mama wanting to jump my bones.


And for the record, I think the problems in our economy are a direct result of 1: NAFTA; 2: Exporting American technology; and 3: Not exploiting our natural resources.

Last edited by XXXJ; September 11th, 2008 at 12:40 PM.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 10:25 AM   #133
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,111
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
What I find funny here is that FactCheck.org did another FactCheck article debunking the McCain campaigns use of thier Fact Checking.


http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...r_finding.html

So Obama didn't actually say any of those things, the media and bloggers said them. But they have all still proven to be false.

I don't know if that is better or worse. A lot of people expect that type of falsehood coming from a politican (sad but true) but when it comes from the media a lot of people take it as fact. The real truth here is that impartial journalism based on facts and research is dead in this country.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 10:48 AM   #134
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,558
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
So Obama didn't actually say any of those things, the media and bloggers said them. But they have all still proven to be false.
I hope that you will at least agree that there are other issues about Palin that still are being investigated? The e-mail crap has been proven false, but that does not clear up the official investigation into "troopergate". That is still being looked into.

I also hope that the false claims that Obama is a Muslim and supports terrorism has been proven false in the same way and will no longer be repeated by those that respect facts.

Quote:
I don't know if that is better or worse. A lot of people expect that type of falsehood coming from a politican (sad but true) but when it comes from the media a lot of people take it as fact. The real truth here is that impartial journalism based on facts and research is dead in this country.

That is why there are sites like Politifact, Snopes and FactCheck. Because we can not trust the principals to always be truthful. As has been mentioned in other posts, the truth does not matter if a seed of doubt can be sewn. I feel it is up to us to not believe anyone at first glance and do a little research before repeating what we hear. I try to do this, not always successfully, but I try.

I repeated what I heard about Palin not leaving the country, and then found out that information was wrong.

I heard that Palin had a list of books she wanted banned, but actually, all that is coming out is that she inquired as to what the reaction would be if a request to ban books were made.

I will continue to look into facts and try to dispel rumours and falsehoods.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 11:26 AM   #135
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,111
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
I hope that you will at least agree that there are other issues about Palin that still are being investigated? The e-mail crap has been proven false, but that does not clear up the official investigation into "troopergate". That is still being looked into.

I also hope that the false claims that Obama is a Muslim and supports terrorism has been proven false in the same way and will no longer be repeated by those that respect facts.
Nothing wrong with finding out the truth about either one, as long as it's backed by facts. The false attacks are a sign of desperation on the part of the media to sway the vote in the direction of their choosing.

So far I have seen nothing that makes me not want to vote for Gov. Palin.

Sen. Obama however I cannot vote for based on his own words. His Marxist ideals have no place in this country.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
That is why there are sites like Politifact, Snopes and FactCheck. Because we can not trust the principals to always be truthful. As has been mentioned in other posts, the truth does not matter if a seed of doubt can be sewn. I feel it is up to us to not believe anyone at first glance and do a little research before repeating what we hear. I try to do this, not always successfully, but I try.
The truth always matters. The only research That really needs to be done is to read the Communist Manifesto and compare it to the words of Sen. Obama.

I'll take a Conservative over a Communist anyday.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
I repeated what I heard about Palin not leaving the country, and then found out that information was wrong.

I heard that Palin had a list of books she wanted banned, but actually, all that is coming out is that she inquired as to what the reaction would be if a request to ban books were made.

I will continue to look into facts and try to dispel rumours and falsehoods.
I can respect that. Personally I don't listen to the TV news at all, and I am very careful what I read in print. I do like the Wilkow Majority though, he is dead on 99% of the time and backs up everything he says with data.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 11:33 AM   #136
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,570
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

http://www.ontheissues.org/default.htm

I am voting against Obama. Based on his record, his past, what he has said. His record on the second amendment is enough.

The one thing Sarah Palin has shown us is that there are better people out there than what we got
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 11:35 AM   #137
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,558
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
..................................

I can respect that. Personally I don't listen to the TV news at all, and I am very careful what I read in print. I do like the Wilkow Majority though, he is dead on 99% of the time and backs up everything he says with data.

I listem to IndieTalk on Sirius myself. Covers all sides.

I personally find it difficult, if not impossible, to listem to right or left channels on Sirius. Just not good for my blood pressure. I disagree with too much on either side when it is a partisan conversation spouting the party line.

p.s. Can't say if I have ever actually heard Wilkow.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 11:38 AM   #138
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,558
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXJ View Post
http://www.ontheissues.org/default.htm

I am voting against Obama. Based on his record, his past, what he has said. His record on the second amendment is enough.
No one can argue with someone who is making up thier minds on the issues. I applaud this attitude.

Quote:
The one thing Sarah Palin has shown us is that there are better people out there than what we got

I would think we all knew that before Palin came into the spot light.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 12:07 PM   #139
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,570
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
I would think we all knew that before Palin came into the spot light.

That is the point, Obama is not one of them.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Tags
banging an inuit, i wanna lay pipe, lucky bastard husband, mother-daughter threeway?, tbag the vp, white house brothel

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.34950 seconds with 78 queries