Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 20th, 2008, 02:08 PM   #1
fukkinrizzo
Chrome Trucker Chicks Rul
 
fukkinrizzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-04-07
Location: Port Huron, MI area
Posts: 3,216
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default true?

fukkinrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 02:26 PM   #2
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,556
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

The bible says so, so it must be true.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 02:27 PM   #3
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,683
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Repost
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 02:30 PM   #4
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,284
iTrader: (39)
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 02:39 PM   #5
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I can't believe how many people fall for that shit just because they're scared of the nothingness after death.
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 02:46 PM   #6
MrGrey
propane evangelist
 
MrGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-04-07
Location: Davison
Posts: 798
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
I can't believe how many people fall for that shit just because they're scared of the nothingness after death.

better hope you're right
MrGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 03:09 PM   #7
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Better hope i'm right? That's the whole bullshit about religion. it's based on FEAR. You so called "believers" don't even really believe, because deep down you know it's bullshit. You just cling to the concept of " I better believe, so just in case there is a hell I don't end up there." It's reallly quite pathetic.
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 03:18 PM   #8
Hombre
I carry a shank
 
Hombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-15-06
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,439
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

And I think you "non-believers" post this sort of thing in your secret hopes that it IS true. You deep down want to be convinced of the Truth by other people. It doesn't work that way. Faith comes from within and is very, very comforting. You either have faith or you don't. If you don't, well.....you're fucked.
Hombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 03:35 PM   #9
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
And I think you "non-believers" post this sort of thing in your secret hopes that it IS true. You deep down want to be convinced of the Truth by other people. It doesn't work that way. Faith comes from within and is very, very comforting. You either have faith or you don't. If you don't, well.....you're fucked.
No, you're fucked. You're going to die. That's what religion dwells on. That's because religions sole purpose is to keep you afraid, and keep you in line. The truth is that after you're put in the ground, you will be eaten by worms as you decompose. Your faith is based on fear of not having an afterlife, so I hope the real description of your afterlife, which I just described for you is comforting, because that's all you get. I don't want to be convinced of your delusions, I could quite easily decide to decieve myself to try to feel a little more comfortable, but why? I believe in reality.
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 04:09 PM   #10
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
No, you're fucked. You're going to die. That's what religion dwells on. That's because religions sole purpose is to keep you afraid, and keep you in line. The truth is that after you're put in the ground, you will be eaten by worms as you decompose. Your faith is based on fear of not having an afterlife, so I hope the real description of your afterlife, which I just described for you is comforting, because that's all you get. I don't want to be convinced of your delusions, I could quite easily decide to decieve myself to try to feel a little more comfortable, but why? I believe in reality.

Your so full of shit you have to have brown eye's.

First off you have no concept of reality, because if you did you would realize that, from a reality stand point, to have nothing to look forward to, as you suggest you believe, is pointless, therefore everything you do is meaningless and without any value.
Sounds like your primed for a shotgun in the mouth, or a swan dive off a building.
No reason not to.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 04:19 PM   #11
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Your so full of shit you have to have brown eye's.

First off you have no concept of reality, because if you did you would realize that, from a reality stand point, to have nothing to look forward to, as you suggest you believe, is pointless, therefore everything you do is meaningless and without any value.
Sounds like your primed for a shotgun in the mouth, or a swan dive off a building.
No reason not to.
Okay, you're a fucking idiot. Delusional people, or religious people, have plenty to look forward to........After this life is what you're saying? I have plenty to look forward to, in the amount of time I have. That makes life even more precious to me, because I know this is the only one I get. I'm going to enjoy life every bit that I can without religious nuts telling we what I should or shouldn't do because their book says so. You people that go through life walking your stupid ass line with all the other sheep thinking you'll get a chance to do all the things you didn't do in this life are running a much bigger chance than I am. At least I'm LIVING my life, instead of cowering in fear of something that's not even there.
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 04:39 PM   #12
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
Okay, you're a fucking idiot. Delusional people, or religious people, have plenty to look forward to........After this life is what you're saying? I have plenty to look forward to, in the amount of time I have. That makes life even more precious to me, because I know this is the only one I get. I'm going to enjoy life every bit that I can without religious nuts telling we what I should or shouldn't do because their book says so. You people that go through life walking your stupid ass line with all the other sheep thinking you'll get a chance to do all the things you didn't do in this life are running a much bigger chance than I am. At least I'm LIVING my life, instead of cowering in fear of something that's not even there.



























































































See all that nothingness thats what you have to look forward to.

A pile of pills might be painless to end your meaningless, worthless, insignificant, nothing to look forward to life.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 05:00 PM   #13
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
See all that nothingness thats what you have to look forward to.

A pile of pills might be painless to end your meaningless, worthless, insignificant, nothing to look forward to life.
You're an idiot who obviously didn't even read what I wrote. You're the one who should off himself, because your afterlife is so much better than the real life you're supposed to be living right now. Nice big blank space for tic effect though, maybe you should be one of those fucked up preachers on tv that want everybodys money, or maybe you have a better face for radio?

You say your god and religion are more reality than my views, so next time you see "god" walking down the street, kick that douchebag in the nuts for me for creating your soft minded ass
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 05:45 PM   #14
MrGrey
propane evangelist
 
MrGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-04-07
Location: Davison
Posts: 798
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
You're an idiot who obviously didn't even read what I wrote. You're the one who should off himself, because your afterlife is so much better than the real life you're supposed to be living right now. Nice big blank space for tic effect though, maybe you should be one of those fucked up preachers on tv that want everybodys money, or maybe you have a better face for radio?

You say your god and religion are more reality than my views, so next time you see "god" walking down the street, kick that douchebag in the nuts for me for creating your soft minded ass
While you've obviously made your mind up, you should read a book by someone who felt like you and set out to prove it - More Than A Carpenter, by Josh McDowell
MrGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 07:23 PM   #15
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,757
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrey View Post
While you've obviously made your mind up, you should read a book by someone who felt like you and set out to prove it - More Than A Carpenter, by Josh McDowell


and if that doesn't work, go talk to Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort.



why are believers so intense when it comes to non-believers, who simply choose not to believe something because of a complete lack of evidence?

I have a theory...it makes them uncomfortable with their own beliefs, to know that their are people who believe it's complete hooey. If everyone believed like they did, there wouldn't have to be any question of it + much more comforting to them.

I've said it countless times, if I have some kind of personal experience or revelation, I'll convert in a second...but even in talking to my closest "friend" about the subject, I've asked her if she has had some kind of personal experience to which she said no...she confirms it to herself because of her accomplishments, God did it. I wish she could see it was about her, not a supernatural being.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 07:38 PM   #16
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post


and if that doesn't work, go talk to Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort.



why are believers so intense when it comes to non-believers, who simply choose not to believe something because of a complete lack of evidence?

I have a theory...it makes them uncomfortable with their own beliefs, to know that their are people who believe it's complete hooey. If everyone believed like they did, there wouldn't have to be any question of it + much more comforting to them.

I've said it countless times, if I have some kind of personal experience or revelation, I'll convert in a second...but even in talking to my closest "friend" about the subject, I've asked her if she has had some kind of personal experience to which she said no...she confirms it to herself because of her accomplishments, God did it. I wish she could see it was about her, not a supernatural being.



That's dead on. The jesus freaks are scared to death when they question themselves, which i'm sure they do all the time, so when strong minded people disagree with them, they try to convert you. I'm not trying to take away mister toes delusions. If I decided that mickey mouse was my lord and savior and really told myself it was true, i'd be pissed when nobody believed me!
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 07:41 PM   #17
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrey View Post
While you've obviously made your mind up, you should read a book by someone who felt like you and set out to prove it - More Than A Carpenter, by Josh McDowell

If it's one more jesus freak telling me he didn't believe, and now he does, save it. Or better yet, let me borrow it. I need something to wipe my ass with. People aren't born with religion, many don't even truly believe if they're raised with it. They find religion when something scares the shit out of them and they see their own mortality. You ever see how many people "find jesus" in jail?
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 09:57 PM   #18
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
You're an idiot who obviously didn't even read what I wrote. You're the one who should off himself, because your afterlife is so much better than the real life you're supposed to be living right now. Nice big blank space for tic effect though, maybe you should be one of those fucked up preachers on tv that want everybodys money, or maybe you have a better face for radio?

You say your god and religion are more reality than my views, so next time you see "god" walking down the street, kick that douchebag in the nuts for me for creating your soft minded ass
I was going to respond to something but you just left a big empty nothing.


Oh sorry I forgot thats what your striving for.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 10:28 PM   #19
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,757
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
I was going to respond to something but you just left a big empty nothing.


Oh sorry I forgot thats what your striving for.
for some reason, believers like to mis-characterize what non-believers actually think as to make them not seem like the rational ones, when it's the non-believer who is completely rational and grounded in reality.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 10:36 PM   #20
Monkeyevil
I <3 Miatas
 
Monkeyevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 8,983
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Monkeyevil
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
why are believers so intense when it comes to non-believers, who simply choose not to believe something because of a complete lack of evidence?
I don't care if you believe in God or not... I also am not afraid of death, afterlife or not.

I guess that makes me a nihilist Christian.
__________________
JcrOffroad
Zoom Zoom!
Monkeyevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Tags
mr. toes = closet atheist

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.26951 seconds with 52 queries