Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > Other Stuff > Boats, canoes, and rubber ducks
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Boats, canoes, and rubber ducks Chat about things that float







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old July 9th, 2008, 11:25 AM   #1
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 24,258
iTrader: (44)
Electric boats

Just curious what some of you may think..........

It's not fast, but definately seems kewl
http://www.duffyboats.com/page.cfm?pgid=3&boatID=10
Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 11:31 AM   #2
Red68Camaro
End nerd persecution
 
Red68Camaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-06
Location: Clarkston
Posts: 2,199
iTrader: (9)
It looks pretty cool. Top speed is only 6 mph...
Red68Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 11:31 AM   #3
SilverDollar
Semper Paratus
 
SilverDollar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-05-07
Location: East-sieeed, MI
Posts: 356
iTrader: (0)
Might as well get a sailboat....At least you can get home if the battery dies...
SilverDollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 11:32 AM   #4
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,666
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
i'm sure I can guess what people on here think, since it's not fast and it doesn't emit hydrocarbons.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 11:34 AM   #5
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 41,986
iTrader: (39)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
i'm sure I can guess what people on here think, since it's not fast and it doesn't emit hydrocarbons.
Do you have any idea how many carbons were emitted during the production of the batteries? Or how about how the electricity was generated to charge it?
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 11:42 AM   #6
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,666
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Do you have any idea how many carbons were emitted during the production of the batteries? Or how about how the electricity was generated to charge it?
nope.

but i'm not buying an electric boat. I prefer manpower or wind power.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 11:43 AM   #7
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,071
iTrader: (10)
Whats the point of a 6mph boat?

You cant ski
You cant go fast
Hell, you cant get out of the way of a fast swimmer
__________________
Come roll with us........
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 12:29 PM   #8
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,874
iTrader: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Whats the point of a 6mph boat?

You cant ski
You cant go fast
Hell, you cant get out of the way of a fast swimmer
I agree with you, but there are probably some people out there that would like a boat that doesn't slap their balls against the seat and cost $300 to fill up.

I personally enjoy the ball slapping though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 12:53 PM   #9
Paul04TJ
Small, but talented
 
Paul04TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Shelby Twp. MI
Posts: 2,596
iTrader: (10)
I can slap my balls on my seat.
I can go faster then 6 mph.
I spend nothing to fill up!
I do emit certain noxious fumes though.
Paul04TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 03:27 PM   #10
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,874
iTrader: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul04TJ View Post
I can slap my balls on my seat.
I can go faster then 6 mph.
I spend nothing to fill up!
I do emit certain noxious fumes though.
Your penis speed doesn't count.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 04:10 PM   #11
Paul04TJ
Small, but talented
 
Paul04TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Shelby Twp. MI
Posts: 2,596
iTrader: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Your penis speed doesn't count.

Penis speed counts more than hand speed!!!!
Paul04TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 04:15 PM   #12
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,831
iTrader: (11)
Extremely cool name, however.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 04:17 PM   #13
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 41,986
iTrader: (39)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
I agree with you, but there are probably some people out there that would like a boat that doesn't slap their balls against the seat and cost $300 to fill up.

I personally enjoy the ball slapping though.
whoa, you're complaining about gas prices? Thats odd
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 04:22 PM   #14
badazzamc
Get Some
 
badazzamc's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Swartz Creek Mi
Posts: 4,214
iTrader: (23)
they look cool, but what would be the point? 6mph just doesnt do anything for me.
badazzamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 04:39 PM   #15
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,133
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
I agree with you, but there are probably some people out there that would like a boat that doesn't slap their balls against the seat and cost $300 to fill up.

I personally enjoy the ball slapping though.
Do you have anything else to whine about? You wouldnt spend the $15 for the DNR Launch pass for the year, so it really wouldnt matter.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 05:00 PM   #16
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,874
iTrader: (22)
I'm not fucking whining about shit. I'm just saying maybe they're are other people out there that have a different fucking cup of tea when it comes to boats for Christ's sake.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 05:13 PM   #17
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 24,258
iTrader: (44)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
I'm not fucking whining about shit. I'm just saying maybe they're are other people out there that have a different fucking cup of tea when it comes to boats for Christ's sake.
Call down Jeff. Think about that guy that rear ended you.........

Now your anger towards uproktoys comment should be fading........

Last edited by Immortal; July 9th, 2008 at 05:23 PM.
Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 07:26 PM   #18
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,831
iTrader: (11)
I've seen a lot in CA, especially around Venice.

People who like the "marina lifestyle" but not open-water boating use them to cruise the marinas and canals where you can't exceed "no wake" speeds anyway. I used to know a guy in OH that had a 38' Inland Seas cruiser with no engines. He pulled them out and sold them. Every year he launched the boat, had to towed to his slip, and partied all summer - just didn't particularly care to go anywhere.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 08:00 PM   #19
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,666
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
I've seen a lot in CA, especially around Venice.

People who like the "marina lifestyle" but not open-water boating use them to cruise the marinas and canals where you can't exceed "no wake" speeds anyway. I used to know a guy in OH that had a 38' Inland Seas cruiser with no engines. He pulled them out and sold them. Every year he launched the boat, had to towed to his slip, and partied all summer - just didn't particularly care to go anywhere.
hahah, that's hilarious.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2008, 08:30 AM   #20
JEEPR
Playing Possum
 
JEEPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Harrison Township
Posts: 6,743
iTrader: (9)
There are lakes that do not allow gas motors. That would be a lot cooler than a pontoon boat with a trolling motor attached. There are large boat harbors (usually in salt water areas) where that would be perfect. I like the reto look it has. It wouldn't work out very good for me, but I can see it's uses.
JEEPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > Other Stuff > Boats, canoes, and rubber ducks
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.19707 seconds with 52 queries