Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 25th, 2008, 10:32 AM   #1
Shotgun
I only wheel comps.
 
Shotgun's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-06-06
Location: Howard City
Posts: 26,418
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default worth the read if you believe.....

Interesting read

A Church goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained that it made no sense to go to church every Sunday. "I've gone for 30 years now," he wrote, "and in that time I have heard something like 1,500 sermons. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them. So, I think I'm wasting my time and the pastors are wasting theirs by giving sermons at all."

This started a real controversy in the "Letters to the Editor" column, much to the delight of the editor. It went on for weeks until someone wrote this clincher:

"I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals but I do know this. They all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today. Likewise, if I had not gone to church for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today!" When you are DOWN to nothing.... God is UP to something! Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible! Thank God for our physical AND our spiritual nourishment!

"When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say,
"Jesus, could you get that for me?"
Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 04:32 PM   #2
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets blaze View Post
Interesting read

A Church goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained that it made no sense to go to church every Sunday. "I've gone for 30 years now," he wrote, "and in that time I have heard something like 1,500 sermons. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them. So, I think I'm wasting my time and the pastors are wasting theirs by giving sermons at all."

This started a real controversy in the "Letters to the Editor" column, much to the delight of the editor. It went on for weeks until someone wrote this clincher:

"I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals but I do know this. They all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today. Likewise, if I had not gone to church for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today!" When you are DOWN to nothing.... God is UP to something! Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible! Thank God for our physical AND our spiritual nourishment!

"When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say,
"Jesus, could you get that for me?"








SAAAAAAAAWEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 04:34 PM   #3
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 04:39 PM   #4
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post


Hey the Supreme Court is making that Ok, starts with you can't kill em next thing you know ACLU will be fighting for the right of adults to have sex with kids, Opps they already are.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 04:42 PM   #5
Pokerob
hug life
 
Pokerob's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-25-06
Location: G-Rap, MI
Posts: 10,147
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
i dont see the big deal, so what the kid wants to give the big guy a hug?
Pokerob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 04:45 PM   #6
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerob View Post
i dont see the big deal, so what the kid wants to give the big guy a hug?
maybe they are sharing gods love?
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 04:51 PM   #7
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,758
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

ghey.
mikesova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 04:54 PM   #8
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

when jesus is knocking on my door I say, "hide the bong, its jesus."
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 05:02 PM   #9
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
when jesus is knocking on my door I say, "hide the bong, its jesus."
No big deal, just give him a glass of water and he'll be drinking Boones Farm.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 05:03 PM   #10
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
No big deal, just give him a glass of water and he'll be drinking Boones Farm.
if jesus would drink boonesfarm, i would be dissapointed in jesus.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 05:17 PM   #11
no1likesme
not Frank Sinatra
 
no1likesme's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-10-08
Location: shepherd, MI
Posts: 678
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to no1likesme Send a message via MSN to no1likesme
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
No big deal, just give him a glass of water and he'll be drinking Boones Farm.
I am pretty sure you are going to hell for that one. If jesus was going to turn water into an alcoholic beverage it would AT LEAST be real wine.
no1likesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 05:21 PM   #12
Shotgun
I only wheel comps.
 
Shotgun's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-06-06
Location: Howard City
Posts: 26,418
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Im so glad this thread got all fucked up.
Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 05:24 PM   #13
TS-Off-Road
989-832-4999
 
TS-Off-Road's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-20-06
Location: Midland
Posts: 96
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

My wife is a great cook!









































But, I am perfectly capable of feeding myself.
TS-Off-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 05:25 PM   #14
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

THe truth be known Jesus is a fan of Crown Royal.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 06:01 PM   #15
ZJeepMI
Senior Member
 
ZJeepMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-25-08
Location: Plymouth, MI
Posts: 473
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Good read, has a pretty good point
ZJeepMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 06:12 PM   #16
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Thanks for the read
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 06:22 PM   #17
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I don't go to church or believe in "The God/ Father of Jesus" , but that's a pretty damn good arguement.
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 06:29 PM   #18
fullthrottle
2013 King of da Moustache
 
fullthrottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-17-05
Location: flint
Posts: 1,988
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to fullthrottle
Default

not really....if people would take responsibility in themself, no one would have to feed you ( spiritually or nourishment wise.. much less wipe your ass).
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 06:46 PM   #19
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle View Post
not really....if people would take responsibility in themself, no one would have to feed you ( spiritually or nourishment wise.. much less wipe your ass).
:tonka:
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 06:46 PM   #20
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle View Post
not really....if people would take responsibility in themself, no one would have to feed you ( spiritually or nourishment wise.. much less wipe your ass).

Thats right every man is an island.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.20796 seconds with 52 queries