Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 11th, 2008, 06:22 AM   #41
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgerunner View Post
Weather we like it or not, this quote from Chucks
Editorial puts it all in a nutshell.

[From the steady decline in the value of our dollar, to trade deficits and oil dependency, our sovereignty is being sold out from underneath us. Might I remind the federal government what one of their original and primary charges is: to protect the American public from the tyranny of foreign powers which is exactly what is happening through others' financial rule over us. It is sucking the life out of our economy. And Congress is virtually standing by and watching it happen.]
The dems are so eager to stick it to G. W. that they are gonna screw us all.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 10:23 AM   #42
jsutton
Yota Baby
 
jsutton's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-29-08
Location: Detroit Rock City
Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Chucks got it wrong. It's the damn oil companies maximizing profits with low inventory, just like they did in the 70's with OPEC embargo excuse.

Just check out this gem from USA Today.
Quote:
BRUSSELS (AP) The chairman of oil giant BP (BP) said Wednesday that high oil prices stem from industry's failure to invest enough for surging demand. Oil prices have quadrupled in the last seven years, hitting a record high June 6 when traders paid $139.12 a barrel.

Peter Sutherland, BP's chairman, said the high prices were not driven by market speculators or fears that oil is running out but an unexpected increase in demand.

"We just didn't predict how fast demand would take off," he said at an event in Brussels organized by the European Policy Centre think tank.

"The high price that we have today is caused, in my view, by the inability of the industry to easily supply rising demand, and this isn't because of the lack of available resources but because of inadequate investment in both production and complex refining capacity," he said.

Sutherland said the lack of investment happened gradually over many years "sometimes during periods when the oil price was too low."
jsutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 12:41 PM   #43
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,037
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsutton View Post
Chucks got it wrong. It's the damn oil companies maximizing profits with low inventory, just like they did in the 70's with OPEC embargo excuse.

Just check out this gem from USA Today.

Quote:
BRUSSELS (AP) The chairman of oil giant BP (BP) said Wednesday that high oil prices stem from industry's failure to invest enough for surging demand. Oil prices have quadrupled in the last seven years, hitting a record high June 6 when traders paid $139.12 a barrel.

Peter Sutherland, BP's chairman, said the high prices were not driven by market speculators or fears that oil is running out but an unexpected increase in demand.

"We just didn't predict how fast demand would take off," he said at an event in Brussels organized by the European Policy Centre think tank.

"The high price that we have today is caused, in my view, by the inability of the industry to easily supply rising demand, and this isn't because of the lack of available resources but because of inadequate investment in both production and complex refining capacity," he said.

Sutherland said the lack of investment happened gradually over many years "sometimes during periods when the oil price was too low."

YEAH!!! DAM that bush and his oil companies for letting oil prices be too low 10 years ago! And DAM THEM consumers and bush for not buying economy cars back when oil was so cheap the gas companies didnt have the money to reinvest in infrastructure!!!1 FAULT AND BLAME!!!!
I think Im going to go out and buy something made in china to make myself feel better
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 04:29 PM   #44
upchuck
Senior Member
 
upchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-16-07
Location: grand rapids, Michigan
Posts: 1,100
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepme View Post
Not saying he's wrong, but how is Chuck Norris creditable on this topic in any way?


(in all reality, yes gas prices are hurting.... but people need to stop being so lazy and go buy a bike or walk somewhere)
Anyone who, entertainer or not, if he puts forth the supposition that things can keep going on as they have since the dawn of the industrial revolution and discovery of oil regardless of evidence if we just keep drilling/squeezing will have immense cred.
upchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 11:23 PM   #45
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,948
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
Whatever you say is right because of your cool tats.
Um, thanks.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 09:20 AM   #46
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Chuck Norris for '08!
Or maybe the next one...


I can't help but wonder if Chuck's sudden emergence into the political area with editorials and candidate endorsements has been a result of him paying some attention to Ahnold and Jesse over the past few years...
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.11417 seconds with 24 queries