No God's No Guilt - Page 8 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 26th, 2008, 07:09 PM   #141
no1likesme
not Frank Sinatra
 
no1likesme's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-10-08
Location: shepherd, MI
Posts: 678
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to no1likesme Send a message via MSN to no1likesme
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
I ment lol in a good way.
or did you...
no1likesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 26th, 2008, 09:00 PM   #142
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,438
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1likesme View Post
or did you...
You got me, I'm evil.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 09:23 AM   #143
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,793
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

anyway, did anybody else order the book?
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 09:48 AM   #144
no1likesme
not Frank Sinatra
 
no1likesme's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-10-08
Location: shepherd, MI
Posts: 678
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to no1likesme Send a message via MSN to no1likesme
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
anyway, did anybody else order the book?
I am too broke right now. but once I get a job I probably will.
no1likesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 11:05 AM   #145
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
Fail. Please stop pretending. You keep refering to theories as unproven opinions. Since you don't believe in evolutionairy theory and you don't believe in intellegent design, I would have to assume you are all about magic fairy action and witchcraft.

From you posts in other threads I feel that all you are trying to do create an antaginistic environment in an effort to further your ego. You can't even grasp the concept of hypothesis vs theory vs fact.

This whole string you have brought NOTHING to the table as far as alternative veiw points or other information that would support your stance. I've tried to have an intellegent discussion about the topic of evolution but apparently I've overestimated your capacity for rational thought.

Would anybody else out there like to continue the discussion of evolution or propose another theory (since there are no FACTS). I would be eager to hear all educated view points and discuss the topic in a professional manner. Shouting no no no you're wrong without backing up your statement is not debating.
Wow what a crabby ass. Kinda emotional aren't you. Thats Ok it explains your rsponse.

I never said I don't believe in evolution, but your emotions got the best of you and thats what you read.

You keep arguing with opinions, I haven't disagreed with you yet I just was pointing out THE FACT that everything you said has the possibility of being disproven as it has not yet been solitified as absolute.

Your arguing with yourself and you are agreeing with me, as I said to begin with there are no facts.

Just so every thing is clear to you, I don't know how life started, and I don't have any facts to support the way it did start.

Since you need to argue a mystery let me offer you this, as it will be in the same category as your arguement. I believe in the theory that little flying green spacemen created our world as an experiment to prove the origin of life on their own planet, and to this day they are still debating the subject because we haven't proven anything as we are still a theory.

I have no proof but it's a cool theory.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 04:07 PM   #146
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
This is not an argument against your post it is an observation of facts.

The duplication you refer to is not definitive of what exsisted in the period of time for which the experiment is aimed at providing proof. It is again therologically a limited, not exact duplication.

The sea water and additives provided by the scientists are prepared by them to show something they want to show. Therefore one could conclude the experiment is bias.

So we are back to unproven theory.
So let me get this straight Mr. Toes:

1. You refuse to accept unproven theory as fact, therefore dismiss evolution.

2. Natural Selection, Darwin's actual theory, discusses in great detail how he arrived at the conclusion that species adapt to their environment or die off.

3. Charles Darwin, to my knowledge, did not say that we descended from apes. In fact, I don't believe that he ever explicitly asserted any such thing. As far as I know the only inference he ever made was one little line in "The Origin of Species": "light will be thrown on the origin of man and his history".

4. That even though Darwin never said this, you still insist on rebutting such an assertion and crediting him for such.

5. That in spite of overwhelming evidence in support, you deny that species change and adapt to survive. This has been repeatedly affirmed to be good theory in countless findings in the fields of biochemistry, botany, zoology, and more.

????Does that sum up your rebuttal????
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 05:09 PM   #147
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Wow what a crabby ass. Kinda emotional aren't you. Thats Ok it explains your rsponse.

I never said I don't believe in evolution, but your emotions got the best of you and thats what you read.

You keep arguing with opinions, I haven't disagreed with you yet I just was pointing out THE FACT that everything you said has the possibility of being disproven as it has not yet been solitified as absolute.

Your arguing with yourself and you are agreeing with me, as I said to begin with there are no facts.

Just so every thing is clear to you, I don't know how life started, and I don't have any facts to support the way it did start.

Since you need to argue a mystery let me offer you this, as it will be in the same category as your arguement. I believe in the theory that little flying green spacemen created our world as an experiment to prove the origin of life on their own planet, and to this day they are still debating the subject because we haven't proven anything as we are still a theory.

I have no proof but it's a cool theory.
You keep talking about Darwin's Theory, but you clearly don't know what it was, and believe it to be something that it wasn't.

You claim to have read some of The Origin of Species, but that is either untrue because of my point above, or proves that you read it having already decided the content.

You keep saying that you've never argued against evolution, or words to that effect:

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...6&postcount=46

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...5&postcount=83

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...5&postcount=88

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...&postcount=100

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...2&postcount=11

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...7&postcount=26

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...2&postcount=34

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...4&postcount=41


You've also claimed that you never claimed that science was lie: http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...&postcount=230
But I showed differently: http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...&postcount=231

Shall I post your contradictions as to whether or not the bible should be taken literally or metaphorically?

C'mon Mr. Toes..... Don't you realize that what you type is available for all of us to see?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 05:45 PM   #148
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
So let me get this straight Mr. Toes:

1. You refuse to accept unproven theory as fact, therefore dismiss evolution.

2. Natural Selection, Darwin's actual theory, discusses in great detail how he arrived at the conclusion that species adapt to their environment or die off.

3. Charles Darwin, to my knowledge, did not say that we descended from apes. In fact, I don't believe that he ever explicitly asserted any such thing. As far as I know the only inference he ever made was one little line in "The Origin of Species": "light will be thrown on the origin of man and his history".

4. That even though Darwin never said this, you still insist on rebutting such an assertion and crediting him for such.

5. That in spite of overwhelming evidence in support, you deny that species change and adapt to survive. This has been repeatedly affirmed to be good theory in countless findings in the fields of biochemistry, botany, zoology, and more.

????Does that sum up your rebuttal????
It took me a while to answer, because I had to read this several times to try to figure out what you where responding to.

I guess I can say yes to me not accepting an unproven theory as fact as that in itself is a fact,

I don't know where the balance of your ramblings, or should I say theorys came from but I'm not arguing theory or weather a red car looks better than a black car, because neither has any definitive end.

All I did was make an observation, do you disagree with my conclusion ?
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 06:07 PM   #149
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
You keep talking about Darwin's Theory, but you clearly don't know what it was, and believe it to be something that it wasn't.

You claim to have read some of The Origin of Species, but that is either untrue because of my point above, or proves that you read it having already decided the content.

You keep saying that you've never argued against evolution, or words to that effect:

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...6&postcount=46

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...5&postcount=83

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...5&postcount=88

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...&postcount=100

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...2&postcount=11

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...7&postcount=26

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...2&postcount=34

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...4&postcount=41


You've also claimed that you never claimed that science was lie: http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...&postcount=230
But I showed differently: http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...&postcount=231

Shall I post your contradictions as to whether or not the bible should be taken literally or metaphorically?

C'mon Mr. Toes..... Don't you realize that what you type is available for all of us to see?

But I showed differently: http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...&postcount=231

Is this waht your talking about ?


I can argue that, salt water has a different freezing point and altitude effects freezing as well as a host of other things, lying science is wrong again God makes it freeze when he wants. LOL

Notice the big LOL at the end, It was meant as as joke.

I have read part of Darwins theory and it is a theory and thats what I have been saying all along.

Do you think it's something else ?

Do you KNOW the origin of life ?

Do you have absolute proof ?

Do you have the facts that nobody else has ?

These are real easy yes or no questions. My answer to all of them is no.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2008, 08:24 PM   #150
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,689
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb View Post
If this isnt hypocrisy, I dont know what is.
Do you suppose that dishonesty is more honoring? Truth is truth friend, regardless of if it stings. The truth is that self-righteousness IS the path of the hellbound. The attitude is saying no to God and yes only to one's self.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2008, 11:56 PM   #151
no1likesme
not Frank Sinatra
 
no1likesme's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-10-08
Location: shepherd, MI
Posts: 678
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to no1likesme Send a message via MSN to no1likesme
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
The truth is that self-righteousness IS the path of the hellbound. The attitude is saying no to God and yes only to one's self.
no it isn't
no1likesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2008, 12:38 PM   #152
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,689
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1likesme View Post
no it isn't
Ok, this is the stage in the conversation that you would mention your counterpoint.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2008, 01:11 PM   #153
no1likesme
not Frank Sinatra
 
no1likesme's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-10-08
Location: shepherd, MI
Posts: 678
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to no1likesme Send a message via MSN to no1likesme
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
Ok, this is the stage in the conversation that you would mention your counterpoint.
nope
no1likesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 10:36 AM   #154
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,793
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

just popped in to say I started listening to the book. it's pretty good and funny too.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Tags
dave kerwin, explaining it to a rock, ham gravy, sucks cock

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.33882 seconds with 63 queries