The official Penguins win thread - Page 4 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 5th, 2008, 07:41 PM   #61
Soul Assassin
....
 
Soul Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-03-07
Location: MI
Posts: 397
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Coleman View Post
4-1? So they should have taken away the previous Pissburg goal and awarded it to the Wings? The score was 3-2 when the blatant trip occurred.
What I'm saying is that the Hudler penalty before that, which resulted in the goal by to make it 3-2 was a bullshit call and therefore the pittsburgh second goal is null and void. It's 3-1 if the game is called correctly, and then 4-1 on the empty net....but the NHL is trying to play god.
Soul Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 5th, 2008, 08:12 PM   #62
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,123
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7speed View Post
What I'm saying is that the Hudler penalty before that, which resulted in the goal by to make it 3-2 was a bullshit call and therefore the pittsburgh second goal is null and void. It's 3-1 if the game is called correctly, and then 4-1 on the empty net....but the NHL is trying to play god.
Your logic is flawed, they won the game and the series, who shives a git about the refs?

Is your avatar taken at presque isle near marquette?
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 08:17 AM   #63
Soul Assassin
....
 
Soul Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-03-07
Location: MI
Posts: 397
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY View Post
Your logic is flawed, they won the game and the series, who shives a git about the refs?

Is your avatar taken at presque isle near marquette?
My logic is correct. The Red Wings played both the Penguins and the NHL after game 2. I'm not complaining about the officiating, I expected it to be that way. Crosby is played up to be the second coming of Christ, so you knew it would be evened out at sometime. I'm happy that they won, but it's pretty ridiculous that the series was controlled to even it out and give the Pens a chance to make it a series.

My avatar is taken on the West Maui Mountains north of Kapalua.
Soul Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 08:20 AM   #64
Rattler
Home Sweet Homicide
 
Rattler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-17-06
Location: Bei City
Posts: 3,654
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Just think, if the self-inflicted goals weren't counted, it would have been over in 5. I had to point that one out to someone complaining about Fluery shitting out the puck.
Rattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 09:04 AM   #65
Soul Assassin
....
 
Soul Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-03-07
Location: MI
Posts: 397
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
Just think, if the self-inflicted goals weren't counted, it would have been over in 5. I had to point that one out to someone complaining about Fluery shitting out the puck.


A ton of what-ifs, should have, could have, but in the end, the Wings win.
Soul Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 09:34 AM   #66
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7speed View Post
My logic is correct. The Red Wings played both the Penguins and the NHL after game 2. I'm not complaining about the officiating, I expected it to be that way. Crosby is played up to be the second coming of Christ, so you knew it would be evened out at sometime. I'm happy that they won, but it's pretty ridiculous that the series was controlled to even it out and give the Pens a chance to make it a series.

My avatar is taken on the West Maui Mountains north of Kapalua.
exactly. the entire finals all broadcasters on all stations did yammer on about how crosby IS the NHL and how fucking great he is. I feel the same way. after getting shut out on the first two games they can't have the golden boy lose that quick they did nothing but promote someone who cannot kill a penalty. maybe crosby will be great later in his carreer. remember Yzerman and his high powered scoring in his first years? then he became a complete player one of the all time best players. right now crosby is no more than an attention whore who refuses to give anyone credit but himself. he is a diving pussy crybaby that the refs should call stuff because he is who he is. I am certain he thought that they would call stupid shit until the pens won it all. there was plenty of bullshit interference, slashing, the pens were doing and it was not called. the penalty in the last 2 minutes was Pre-determined at the beginning of the game if the wings were winning to call anything to make it close. it's the only way the pens could have got close was on the advantange as they were getting fucked at even strength play.

they call the stupid shit so crosby can be out there and look like the answer to gary bettman's idiocy.
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 01:17 PM   #67
Rattler
Home Sweet Homicide
 
Rattler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-17-06
Location: Bei City
Posts: 3,654
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrlnd View Post
exactly. the entire finals all broadcasters on all stations did yammer on about how crosby IS the NHL and how fucking great he is. I feel the same way. after getting shut out on the first two games they can't have the golden boy lose that quick they did nothing but promote someone who cannot kill a penalty. maybe crosby will be great later in his carreer. remember Yzerman and his high powered scoring in his first years? then he became a complete player one of the all time best players. right now crosby is no more than an attention whore who refuses to give anyone credit but himself. he is a diving pussy crybaby that the refs should call stuff because he is who he is. I am certain he thought that they would call stupid shit until the pens won it all. there was plenty of bullshit interference, slashing, the pens were doing and it was not called. the penalty in the last 2 minutes was Pre-determined at the beginning of the game if the wings were winning to call anything to make it close. it's the only way the pens could have got close was on the advantange as they were getting fucked at even strength play.

they call the stupid shit so crosby can be out there and look like the answer to gary bettman's idiocy.
When the wife and I were alking a bit ago, I told I kinda felt sorry for him because the media has hyped him soooo much. For his sake, I hope he does become a good player. I will take a Gordie Howe over a Wayne Gretsky anyday though.

A stat I heard during one of the games this year. Do you know how many "Gordie Howe Hatricks" Gordie had?





































1
Rattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Tags
poop, redwings whining

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.19220 seconds with 42 queries