Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 28th, 2008, 07:10 AM   #1
IDIeselman
Senior Member
 
IDIeselman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: ludington mi
Posts: 1,848
iTrader: (18)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Do You see the connection?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAKE DOWN the FEEDER!

I bought a bird feeder. I hung
it on my back porch and filled
it lovingly with seed. It was indeed
a beautiful bird feeder.

Within a
week we had hundreds of birds
taking advantage of the
continuous flow of free and
easily accessible food.



But then the birds started
building nests in the boards
of the patio, above the table,
and next to the barbecue.

Then came the bird smurf.

It was everywhere; on the patio tile,
the chairs, the table ...
everywhere!

Then some of the birds
turned mean. They would
dive bomb me and try to
peck me even though I had
fed them out of my own
pocket.


And others birds were
boisterous and loud. They
sat on the feeder and
squawked and screamed at
all hours of the day and night
and demanded that I fill it
when it got low on food.


After a while, I couldn't even
sit on my own back porch
anymore. So I took down the
bird feeder and in three days
the birds were gone. I cleaned
up their mess and took down
the many nests they had built
all over the patio.


Soon, the back yard was like
it used to be ... quiet, serene
and no one demanding their
rights to a free meal.

Now let's see .....

Our government gives out
free food, subsidized housing,
free medical care, and free
education and allows anyone
born here to be an automatic
citizen.

Then the illegals came by the millions.

Suddenly
our taxes went up to pay for
free services; small apartments
are housing 5 or more families; you
have to wait 6 hours to be seen
by a doctor in an emergency room
because it is filled with illegals;
your child's 2nd grade class is
behind other schools because
over half the class doesn't speak
English.


Corn Flakes now come in a
bilingual box; I have to
'press one' to hear my bank
talk to me in English, and
people waving flags other
than 'Old Glory' are
squawking and screaming
in the streets, demanding
more rights and free liberties.


Its just my opinion but:

maybe, just maybe,
it's time for the government
to take down the
damn bird feeder.



Not mine but I thought it needed posting
IDIeselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2008, 09:46 AM   #2
OldManGrand
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 03-07-07
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 155
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

forget just the illeagals, we also have to clean up our own backyard....a.k.a all the people that are now 3rd and 4th generation recipeints that the illeagals learned from. the same people that need food stamps but spend $100 or more a week on booze,cigs, and blunt wraps, the ones that are able to work but dont want to so they dont loose their benifits, or the ones that need to be givin a FREE way to get to there goverment office to collect their FREE shit and go to the phone store next door to get the hottest boost mobile phone. this goes for everyone white trash, blacks, arabs, mexicans...oh and the worst.... the ones that come down from the suburbs of bloomfield hills, west bloomfield, and farmington to get there FREE shit in their NAVIGATOR or ESCALADE and head back home and you cant do anything about it because on paper it shows they are unemployed or earn nothing but in reality own almost every party store or gas station you walk into. sorry for the rant but i work for the state and see this stuff everyday. it is very sad that we all support these people wether we want to or not. my bad for any misspellings i had to type this fast never know who might see my screen
OldManGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2008, 11:12 AM   #3
IDIeselman
Senior Member
 
IDIeselman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: ludington mi
Posts: 1,848
iTrader: (18)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I couldn't agree more! My wife's parents and 4 siblings milk the system for all it's worth and it pisses me off to no end when they call and want a ride to the store for smokes and beer when the check comes in WTF are you kidding me? I pay your rent, buy you grocery's, pay for your medical bills and you still want more? F**K no WALK. My wife I swear is the only one that lived out of that family she has a good job and work's her ass off then comes home to take care of the house and kids (with my help of course). Sorry I just had to get that out.
IDIeselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2008, 11:21 AM   #4
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,758
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2008, 01:30 PM   #5
OldManGrand
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 03-07-07
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 155
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
it might be, but this stuff isn't covered enough. especially in the media because all these people need to be exposed
OldManGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2008, 04:51 PM   #6
Fullsize4life
Kicking Cancers ASS
 
Fullsize4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-06
Location: Hart, Mi (next to silver lake)
Posts: 18,757
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

It is now out in the open. Git it done
Fullsize4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2008, 08:31 PM   #7
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,945
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I have a nice bird feeder. it holds 50lbs of black oil sunflower seed. haven't seen any of stan's ex labor force around it yet. it actually looks a bit different now. the temporary roof structure pictured is gone, in favor of an actual shingled roof with end caps on it. it also has a squirrel shroud on it, and the perimeter of the feeding platform has slinky's ran along it in an attempt to trick the squirrels into thinking it's barbed wire...

http://www.ninefrozentoes.net/temp/birdfeedermedium.jpg
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2008, 11:25 PM   #8
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
I have a nice bird feeder. it holds 50lbs of black oil sunflower seed. haven't seen any of stan's ex labor force around it yet. it actually looks a bit different now. the temporary roof structure pictured is gone, in favor of an actual shingled roof with end caps on it. it also has a squirrel shroud on it, and the perimeter of the feeding platform has slinky's ran along it in an attempt to trick the squirrels into thinking it's barbed wire...

http://www.ninefrozentoes.net/temp/birdfeedermedium.jpg

Wanna have some fun? If you used metal slinky's run a 220 line to it and watch the squirrels get blown into the neighbors yard. lol






Just kidding
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 08:11 AM   #9
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,945
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Wanna have some fun? If you used metal slinky's run a 220 line to it and watch the squirrels get blown into the neighbors yard. lol

Just kidding
as of now, there appears to be only one squirrel that is athletic enough to make the leap to the feeding platform. I think he's actually jumping to the bird bath that didn't work out so well, and then clamboring through the slinky to get his lard butt up to the platform.

I have a single pump pellet gun that does a pretty decent job of sending him scurrying away. Living in the City, the neighbors (and more than likely cops) wouldn't appreciate me sending both barrels of the 12 gauge in the general direction of my backyard.

It's been moderatly entertaining finding new ways to foil the squirrels, and keeping them ground forraging.

there's actually about a 4' radius of paver stones around it now too which helps make the clean up effort a bit easier as well.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 11:45 AM   #10
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDIeselman View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAKE DOWN the FEEDER!

I bought a bird feeder. I hung
it on my back porch and filled
it lovingly with seed. It was indeed
a beautiful bird feeder.

Within a
week we had hundreds of birds
taking advantage of the
continuous flow of free and
easily accessible food.



But then the birds started
building nests in the boards
of the patio, above the table,
and next to the barbecue.

Then came the bird smurf.

It was everywhere; on the patio tile,
the chairs, the table ...
everywhere!

Then some of the birds
turned mean. They would
dive bomb me and try to
peck me even though I had
fed them out of my own
pocket.


And others birds were
boisterous and loud. They
sat on the feeder and
squawked and screamed at
all hours of the day and night
and demanded that I fill it
when it got low on food.


After a while, I couldn't even
sit on my own back porch
anymore. So I took down the
bird feeder and in three days
the birds were gone. I cleaned
up their mess and took down
the many nests they had built
all over the patio.


Soon, the back yard was like
it used to be ... quiet, serene
and no one demanding their
rights to a free meal.

Now let's see .....

Our government gives out
free food, subsidized housing,
free medical care, and free
education and allows anyone
born here to be an automatic
citizen.

Then the illegals came by the millions.

Suddenly
our taxes went up to pay for
free services; small apartments
are housing 5 or more families; you
have to wait 6 hours to be seen
by a doctor in an emergency room
because it is filled with illegals;
your child's 2nd grade class is
behind other schools because
over half the class doesn't speak
English.


Corn Flakes now come in a
bilingual box; I have to
'press one' to hear my bank
talk to me in English, and
people waving flags other
than 'Old Glory' are
squawking and screaming
in the streets, demanding
more rights and free liberties.


Its just my opinion but:

maybe, just maybe,
it's time for the government
to take down the
damn bird feeder.



Not mine but I thought it needed posting

I just made several phone calls from Mexico a few weeks back, and guess what? I had to press 1 for English. How 'bout them apples? And I thought it was funny when my friend came back from Amsterdam and told me the same thing..... Wow... Multilingualism in industrialised countries in an age of multinational corporations.... Imagine that.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 01:29 PM   #11
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

If I moved to Mexico, I would expect that I would have to learn spanish and I would have to earn all of my money to live off of or get the F*** out. It also doesn't help when South Americans sneak into Mexico they are found and shot....that's right, not put in jail, not sent back, not given jobs and welfare.....shot dead. Kinda makes it hard to jusfity what they're doing here.
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 10:48 AM   #12
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
If I moved to Mexico, I would expect that I would have to learn spanish and I would have to earn all of my money to live off of or get the F*** out. It also doesn't help when South Americans sneak into Mexico they are found and shot....that's right, not put in jail, not sent back, not given jobs and welfare.....shot dead. Kinda makes it hard to jusfity what they're doing here.
My current boss lived and worked there for over 4 years and only bothered to learn the Spanish that he wanted to. Most people there speak English and were very accomodating. Coming from San Digeo I ventured in to Mexico quite often and still don't speak any Spanish. Never had a problem. Always spoke English and no one griped about it. Same with Europe. The whole time I lived there I never learned Dutch, German, Spanish or French, yet everywhere I went people spoke English. In fact, if you think about it, I was one of those people that (refused) didn't want to be bothered to learn their language, yet they accomdated me. Now you're going to explain why that's "different", right?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 10:50 AM   #13
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
If I moved to Mexico, I would expect that I would have to learn spanish and I would have to earn all of my money to live off of or get the F*** out. It also doesn't help when South Americans sneak into Mexico they are found and shot....that's right, not put in jail, not sent back, not given jobs and welfare.....shot dead. Kinda makes it hard to jusfity what they're doing here.
Please share with us your source for Mexico's policy of shooting South American immigrants.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 10:59 AM   #14
forbyefore
.
 
forbyefore's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-14-07
Location: Bay City/AuGres, MI
Posts: 1,431
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
My current boss lived and worked there for over 4 years and only bothered to learn the Spanish that he wanted to. Most people there speak English and were very accomodating. Coming from San Digeo I ventured in to Mexico quite often and still don't speak any Spanish. Never had a problem. Always spoke English and no one griped about it. Same with Europe. The whole time I lived there I never learned Dutch, German, Spanish or French, yet everywhere I went people spoke English. In fact, if you think about it, I was one of those people that (refused) didn't want to be bothered to learn their language, yet they accomdated me. Now you're going to explain why that's "different", right?
Nope, thats not any different. But if you were in situations where there was a language barrier, in an emergency for instance, wouldn't it be nice to be able to communicate? I know I want to be able to tell the doctor where it hurts (and not rely on the government to pay $75-$100/hour for a translator). And you can't tell me there were no instances where you never had a language barrier problem. I wasn't in Puerto Rico for 30 mins and had problems.
forbyefore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 11:17 AM   #15
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbyefore View Post
Nope, thats not any different. But if you were in situations where there was a language barrier, in an emergency for instance, wouldn't it be nice to be able to communicate? I know I want to be able to tell the doctor where it hurts (and not rely on the government to pay $75-$100/hour for a translator). And you can't tell me there were no instances where you never had a language barrier problem. I wasn't in Puerto Rico for 30 mins and had problems.
It being "nice" to know another language is much a much different dialogue than someone being expected to. Yes, it would be nice to know other languages, and yes, it would be helpful too.

I'm surprised you had a language barrier in PR considering it's a territory of the united States, and has been for a very long time. Many peoople with whom I served in the U.S. Army were PR natives born and raised, never been anywhere else, sounded as American as you and me when they spoke, but hey, I wasn't there when that happened to you *shrug*.

In Germany they didn't have to pay a translator for me because so many of the staff already spoke and understood English, but I see what you mean. Still, it's the hospitals money. They can hire whoever they want can't they? After all, the vast majority of hospitals are private, for profit businesses. There aren't a heck of a lot of strictly public hospitals put there by the taxpayers. Sure, alot of them are subsidized in various ways for various reasons, but the private side is where the money is. Too many reg's and requirements on the public side.

When I was in an intelligence unit in the Army Reserves I worked with Intelligence Analysts that were linguists. They monitored all sorts of foreign media and data. Most of them held jobs on the side as translators. They were paid very little for it. I never heard of any translator making $75 - $100 an hour. Let me know where those jobs are and I'll learn Spanish QUICK!
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.24159 seconds with 42 queries