|March 21st, 2008, 01:18 AM||#1|
Update3 28Mar08: Parting out restored '86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer FSJ (Detroit/Flint, MI)
Been a while since I've been around (buried w/ other crap) but I'm...
....Parting out my nearly complete restoration project '86 GW after rolling it, one single roll (landed on its 'feet'), last Thursday (13Mar08).
Build pics of most of these components posted in this silly thread: SeanKHotay\\\\\\\\\\'s \\\\\\\\\\'86 GW being built up
If there's interest, I'll post post-roll-over pics and post-mortem*** (I'm an occupant safety and wannabe crash engineer so prepare to be bored and/or informed) in the near future. Another GW gives its life for its owner.
(***Post, post, post...sounds like a Swedish short-order chef organizing his orders.)
Partial list of stuff below. Ask if you don't see but need it.
Prices do not include shipping. You pay actual shipping costs which'll be USPS, FedEx Ground, SeanKHotay Express, or YouPickEmExpress unless otherwise mutually decided. FOB from shipping site, you decide if you wish to insure the shipment.
Bigger items (engine, trans, axles, receiver hitch, etc) prefer to be picked up in Romeo, MI. For the right incentive (including good beer), I'm willing to deliver to points 200mis of Leonard/Romeo, MI & infrequently to the Flint, MI-Ontario 401/402/403/QEW-Buffalo NY-Albany NY corridor (shipping costs for this corridor negotiable), maybe more.
Everything sold "AS-IS". I've $16K+ in receipts for this project.
Sad, very sad.
- Complete, near perfect Garnet (not the darker oxblood) interior. I've not seen FSJ leather in better condition than this; rest is in similar condition. No headliner but have trim metal and plastic. Driver's seat frame need to be replaced. Can do just the seats but carpeting, floor mats, door panels, instrument panel cover, A/C under-dash ducts, seat belts (driver's w/ slight belt scuffing during roll-over), and rear package cover available. Rear package cover does now have some pinhole from the crash (I counted 3 of'em). Also, match steering column available; has key scratches. Pics available upon request. Best offer.
ENGINE PIC LINK - CLICK ME!!
- Rebuilt 360 by Fairway (Utica, MI), only 8Kmi, Edlebrock 2132 cam (low end torque), Edlebrock Performer intake, Edelbrock polished aluminum valve covers, Z&M HEI ignition, yellow silicon spark wires, pretty much new everything else including H2O pump, oil pump, 180A alternator w/ OEM spare, PS pump, SS oil fill tube, 710 cap, block heater (always used this winter), & Y-pipe; only notable exception is A/C compressor (not included). UPDATE3> Power-timed to 21deg BTDC (pings at 25deg BTDC up a steep hill at 10degF) but not dyno'd (not without trying...long story). $4k+ in parts, over $6K into engine. More details available upon request.<UPDATE3 Best reasonable offer
- Fully charged & working A/C compressor/condensor/evaporator. At least, I'm going to try to pull it. I reserve the right to be a ham-handed shadetree mechanic and mess it or give up. Best offer.
- Rebuilt 727 3spd transmission, also 8Kmi since rebuild, overbuilt for towing (kevlar belts, shift kit, etc). $600, can be combo deal w/ engine.
- Edelbrock 600 Performer 4bbl EGR carburetor (French for "leave it alone") 50-state version (smaller jets, tighter return spring, etc). Might have sketchy accelerator pump. $200
- UPDATE3> Spoken for BJ's alumimum coolant & trans radiator, custom trans cooler lines from 727 included (opposite side from OEM), ran really cool, recommend running a hotter thermostat. $250<UPDATE3
- NP228 transfer case (caught typing w/o checking work), still worked when parked!, 144Kmi, $75
- OEM cam and lifters, built into engine but never run in anger (replaced w/ Edelbrock (see engine above), $75
- UPDATE3> Spoken for D44 front axle, 3:31 gears, 144Kmi, 5Kmi on new discs, calipers, & shoes. $150<UPDATE3
- UPDATE3> Spoken for D44 rear axle, 3:31 gears, 144Kmi, 5Kmi on new drums & shoes. Snapped off driver side stub @ drum (inducing the roll), untethered drum assy NOT included. It appears that the pumpkin tagged the trackbar on the wild ride. A halfdollar-sized ding is in the diff cover making it ~4mm out of spherical. Just being honest and up-front...still don't think it'll a problem. $75<UPDATE3
- Five (5) GW 6 bolt 15x7 rims, newly black powder coated outer ring, machined/polished faces, & clear coated w/ yellow pinstripe highlight in outer black ring by ReStock in Southfield, MI. Some hub cover screw holes might need to be re-chased. Mounted w/ new white lettered 31x10.5 BFG A/T TA KOs that still have the tire fur. Maybe 1Kmis on them, never seen snow. Pics upon request. A steal at $1000.
- Four (4) Victory Hauler alloy rims 6 bolt 16x8, as-delivered black powdercoat w/ yellow pinstripe highlight at outer rim lip but silly sticker removed. $350
- new power steering box 8Kmi. $150
- Rancho 9000X Adjustable shocks with remote in-cab rebound adjustment, 8Kmi. $350
- Rancho Steering Stabilizer w/ GW mounting hardware, 8Kmi. $50
- New GW Draw-Tite reciever Class III/IV hitch, 5Kmi. $150
- Sterling Silver tailgate *w/ glass*. Yes, the glass survived! New glass guides and lift frame. Defroster grid had two heater lines/bands NOP, needing the conductor/nail polish applicator fix available at every decent and most indecent part stores. AWOL license plate light but will include the light I intended to install. UPDATE3>Tailgate key cylinder no workie<UPDATE3. Window lift motor has a dead spot near full close but a Fonzie thump at the right spot bumps it over/off dead spot; wouldn't dare hesitate when Suzie Tuscodero was around. Slight rust at drain holes. Best offer.
- OEM skidplate including corner triangle pc. I noticed the skidplate's forward driver's bolt location banged on something...probably the 2' ditch that started the roll...slightly bent but it looks like the skidplate still will drop right out and re-install easily. $125
- Original Rochester 2bbl carb & intake manifold. $50-
- VGC SEV Marchal fog lights with covers, one lens is missing the metal kitty-cat head. $75-
- Front bumper, VGC. $50
- Final edition grill, GC. $50-
- Exhaust from air-pumped cat on back. Cat still lit off (i.e., it works), single Cherry Bomb GlassPack, SS dual tip, custom bends, mounting hardware included, definitely sounds bad-ass, gets comments, scares dwaddlers & old ladies. $150.
Most glass is good (all except driver rear fixed, front passenger's door's, and windshield) so let me know your needs.
There's probably a lot more little pcs, switches, drive shafts, master cylinder, etc. May add other significant stuff to the list if still good but if you don't see it and need it, ask
I'm keeping GEMOBX's SS battery tray, warped brake drum (whoa! never saw cast iron do that!), and hood ornament for a memorial. And, for the former, 'cause I don't want to cut into his sales.
Please, I'm willing to listen if a price is out of line but, and hopefully understandably, my patience at this time is limited.
Thanks for your consideration.
Last edited by SeanKHotay; March 30th, 2008 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Updating text and parts list
|March 21st, 2008, 09:00 AM||#5|
Last Free Man
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Howell Twp, MI 48836
I SHOOT RAW!
|March 21st, 2008, 11:54 AM||#8|
I am the law.
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
I'll explain the method to the madness. When you nickel & dime something like this, the value of the remaining parts gets diminished to a level less than what the assembly could be sold for whole and that's not in the Seller's favor. That axle is worth more whole to him in order to sell to a TJ/YJ/XJ/ZJ owner based on width and ease of 5x5.5" conversion to go with an 8.8 or a factory D44 rear with an adapter/spacer. In this instance, Adam happens to need a housing to hack up and it might work out for the guy since its a very reasonable asking price.
Normally, I would recommend buying the entire axle when people say things like you did. If you are expecting to have a failure like that in a front shaft, you should consider expecting housing damage also since its usually at the u-joint/knuckle yoke area. Given the nature of the item, its not a bad spare part to have.
Spare stock shafts can get you home, but they are really just a band-aid. If one fails, you're right back where you started and will just need another spare shaft, anyway. Then it'll probably be just one side, which a Seller will be even more reluctant to sell you for fear of being stuck with an oddball shaft. Buy chromoly shafts and keep your existing stockers for spares.
|March 22nd, 2008, 02:53 AM||#12|
I was and am dismantling the Jeep today thru Monday, not maintaining an ad vigil, and am answering PMs in order.
If anyone want to see this GW and parts, it's at Hugo's in Romeo, MI on 31Mile at Van Dyke. I'm there tomorrow and likely Monday.
Front D44 axle
PavementPounder expresses my preference and I do have offers in hand for the entire axle but they require pallet-izing & shipping...
...so I will consider dismantling the axle.
What about one of yous guys buying the axle, pulling the parts you need, and selling it to the other GL4x4er?
MidMichxj Engine offer
Ummm...offer noted. Is this for the engine as I described or just the engine block?
Sorry, didn't realize the IFSJA restriction. I've attached a few pics here. Let me know if there's anything you specifically want to see.
|March 22nd, 2008, 07:59 AM||#13|
Answered PMs received as of 7:30 AM EST! Thanks to all the folks offering condolences, appreciation, and thanks-to-the-GW gods for survivability in FSJs!
Off to pull more parts...will check back in tonight...
Last edited by SeanKHotay; March 22nd, 2008 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Clarifying text...Mr. Applegate would be proud!