Annoying Liberals - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 16th, 2008, 03:36 AM   #1
schweeb
spelling nazi
 
schweeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-02-07
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 2,566
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default Annoying Liberals

Is it me, or do most liberals have their heads stuck so far up their asses that they won't even consider any of their thoughts could be wrong, and that they're somehow magically more educated than everything else. I'm very conservative in many ways, but I'm at least willing to hold a civil, intelligent discussion about issues.

A couple of assholes (politically, at least) I know become pretty high and mighty whenever political issues come up. Any point you bring up, they don't have intelligent responses to, other than veiled insults like "just more conservative brainwashing" or "you aren't very well read, are you" (having no way of knowing how much I actually have read). Then they self-congratulate themselves by gloating to each other.

I've also observed that most liberals seem to feel it's their right (or even mission) to impose their thoughts upon others, whereas conservatives tend to be more laid back and reserved and keep their damn mouths shut unless they have something worthwhile to add.

Are my observations wrong? Does this shit piss you guys off as much as it does me? Like I said, I'm all about intelligent discussion, but immediate dismissal of legitimate opinions as unintelligent without proof just seems fucking stupid.

Also, I tend to notice that these loudass liberal folk tend to be losers in their own right. One of these guys is stuck in some backwards ass 3rd world city in India, because he can't get H-1B here after schooling was completed, and the other makes very little money, and relies upon his wife for most of his income. That's even more annoying to me.

discuss as appropriate. I'm mostly just venting.
schweeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 16th, 2008, 09:30 AM   #2
suckyjunk
Senior Member
 
suckyjunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-26-06
Location: New Lothrop, MI
Posts: 856
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I dont know of the two in question but you pretty much sumned up the ones around my little world.
suckyjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 09:37 AM   #3
Infinite_Wisdumb
.
 
Join Date: 05-18-06
Location: mi
Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweeb View Post

A couple of assholes (politically, at least) I know become pretty high and mighty whenever political issues come up. Any point you bring up, they don't have intelligent responses to, other than veiled insults like "just more conservative brainwashing" or "you aren't very well read, are you" (having no way of knowing how much I actually have read). Then they self-congratulate themselves by gloating to each other.
I have this problem with right wing conservatives. An easy example is Mr Toes on this board. Some people just spout off whatever they have been taught or heard by the watercooler and claim it for their own thought, without ever really looking into it.
Infinite_Wisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 09:41 AM   #4
Fullsize4life
Kicking Cancers ASS
 
Fullsize4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-06
Location: Hart, Mi (next to silver lake)
Posts: 18,754
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I dont like the Green Party or the Seirra Club if that helps anyone. In fact i hope they all move to China and have to work in a sweat shop.
Fullsize4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 11:11 AM   #5
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,880
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

there are those kind of people in any kind of group you think of. You can't pigeon hole an entire group because of a few bad apples.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 11:21 AM   #6
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

i heard all liberals like big caks in their mouths and anuses.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 11:27 AM   #7
Infinite_Wisdumb
.
 
Join Date: 05-18-06
Location: mi
Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
i heard all liberals like big caks in their mouths and anuses.

Not all...it seems as though Eliot Sptizer likes to put the cak in hooker mouths and anuses
Infinite_Wisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 11:31 AM   #8
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb View Post
Not all...it seems as though Eliot Sptizer likes to put the cak in hooker mouths and anuses
truf:tonka:
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 11:33 AM   #9
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb View Post
I have this problem with right wing conservatives. An easy example is Mr Toes on this board. Some people just spout off whatever they have been taught or heard by the watercooler and claim it for their own thought, without ever really looking into it.
I'm cracking up right now.

Your the guy that sticks his foot in his mouth every time you open it with complete and utter unsupported liberal communist anti American chicken shit bullshit.

I guess I can make the presumption that you are in fact one of the liberals refered to. A guy that will vote a straight Democrat party ticket even if Hitler was the candidate. A sheep actually, one that can't think for himself but has to have some type of club, or organization tell him what he thinks. You are every dictators dream, as is true with most liberals. Spinless gutless unpatriotic bloodsuckers that will never make a single sacrifice for anybody but themselves.

You go girl !!!!!!!!!
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 11:33 AM   #10
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,001
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Yeah, I know exactly what you are talking about. And Mike, It's true that most groups have these kind of people. But from what I've experienced, At MSU, is that most liberals are like this. Maybe the laid back, Think before they talk, People just don't get a Chance to say anything because the "liberal" can't shut his mouth. But, I do know more that are the Sterotypical Liberal then a Laid back one.


I saw this as a Bumper sticker once:
"Liberal - A person so open minded that thier brain has fallen out"
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 12:04 PM   #11
Infinite_Wisdumb
.
 
Join Date: 05-18-06
Location: mi
Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
I'm cracking up right now.

Your the guy that sticks his foot in his mouth every time you open it with complete and utter unsupported liberal communist anti American chicken shit bullshit.

I guess I can make the presumption that you are in fact one of the liberals refered to. A guy that will vote a straight Democrat party ticket even if Hitler was the candidate. A sheep actually, one that can't think for himself but has to have some type of club, or organization tell him what he thinks. You are every dictators dream, as is true with most liberals. Spinless gutless unpatriotic bloodsuckers that will never make a single sacrifice for anybody but themselves.

You go girl !!!!!!!!!
I can always count on you to prove my points better than I can myself. See post #3.
Infinite_Wisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 02:16 PM   #12
schweeb
spelling nazi
 
schweeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-02-07
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 2,566
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Yeah, I know exactly what you are talking about. And Mike, It's true that most groups have these kind of people. But from what I've experienced, At MSU, is that most liberals are like this. Maybe the laid back, Think before they talk, People just don't get a Chance to say anything because the "liberal" can't shut his mouth. But, I do know more that are the Sterotypical Liberal then a Laid back one.


I saw this as a Bumper sticker once:
"Liberal - A person so open minded that thier brain has fallen out"

I guess that's kinda my point. I'm definitely not saying that all liberals are this way, I'm saying the proportions of loudmouths to quiet ones seem to be way out of wack on the liberal side of things.
schweeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 03:01 PM   #13
Infinite_Wisdumb
.
 
Join Date: 05-18-06
Location: mi
Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweeb View Post
I guess that's kinda my point. I'm definitely not saying that all liberals are this way, I'm saying the proportions of loudmouths to quiet ones seem to be way out of wack on the liberal side of things.

Please see post #9.

kthxbye
Infinite_Wisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 06:02 PM   #14
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,001
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb View Post
Please see post #9.

kthxbye
Ahhhhh, You don't get it. Most conservatives Are just that, Conservatives. Toes is a General Exception that proves that most groups have a few loudmouths. Liberals just seem to have a Larger number of them. Just think about all the "anti- Bush" stickers. Then When/If a president that Liberals support gets in office, see how many "anti (Insert name here)" Stickers you see.
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 06:28 PM   #15
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,050
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

toes is a right wing conservative???
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 07:43 PM   #16
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb View Post
I can always count on you to prove my points better than I can myself. See post #3.

Always glad to help.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 07:51 PM   #17
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Ahhhhh, You don't get it. Most conservatives Are just that, Conservatives. Toes is a General Exception that proves that most groups have a few loudmouths. Liberals just seem to have a Larger number of them. Just think about all the "anti- Bush" stickers. Then When/If a president that Liberals support gets in office, see how many "anti (Insert name here)" Stickers you see.
I kinda thought I was more of a spokesman. lol

A problem with the conservative side is they don't speak out, as such there are numerous things that the liberals voice thier opinions on that go unchallenged and evenually become accepted as the opinion of the general public, conservatives included.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 07:53 PM   #18
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,585
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I don't think the liberals have a monopoly on being annoying. Just as some liberals will lecture about their environmental beliefs and try to impose them on everyone there's conservatives that will try to do the same with their religious beliefs. Just as some liberals will accuse people who disagree as "not being well read" theres conservative that will tell you that unless you've read books by Ayn Rand you can't possibly understand how capitalism is supposed to work.

I think that at the root of the problem is that we've largely given over all discussion of issues to the extremists on both sides while those of us with moderate views sit quietly on the sidelines.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 07:58 PM   #19
94YJ
Senior Member
 
94YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-24-07
Location: Lansing
Posts: 493
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
I don't think the liberals have a monopoly on being annoying. Just as some liberals will lecture about their environmental beliefs and try to impose them on everyone there's conservatives that will try to do the same with their religious beliefs. Just as some liberals will accuse people who disagree as "not being well read" theres conservative that will tell you that unless you've read books by Ayn Rand you can't possibly understand how capitalism is supposed to work.

I think that at the root of the problem is that we've largely given over all discussion of issues to the extremists on both sides while those of us with moderate views sit quietly on the sidelines.
x2
94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 08:05 PM   #20
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
I don't think the liberals have a monopoly on being annoying. Just as some liberals will lecture about their environmental beliefs and try to impose them on everyone there's conservatives that will try to do the same with their religious beliefs. Just as some liberals will accuse people who disagree as "not being well read" theres conservative that will tell you that unless you've read books by Ayn Rand you can't possibly understand how capitalism is supposed to work.

I think that at the root of the problem is that we've largely given over all discussion of issues to the extremists on both sides while those of us with moderate views sit quietly on the sidelines.
Did you cry when you typed that. You should have because thats a sad statement, true but sad.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.31379 seconds with 81 queries