Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Girlfriend problems

21K views 268 replies 94 participants last post by  dreezy 
#1 ·
What would you do if you stumbled upon emails where your girlfriend of 8 years filled out a rental application for an apartment and also know that she has went to look at it and is very interested in renting it. To her knowledge I have no idea and really have had no reason to believe anything was wrong.

#108 ·
Things are gonna get discussed when she gets home from work. I feel I had a fair reason to snoop and possibly I will end up looking like an idiot. When I told her we needed to discuss what she did on Sunday she shut up pretty quick. I assume she now knows that I am pretty aware of her actions and is either gonna come straight out and say exactly what's going on or continue her lie.

#109 ·
I feel I had a fair reason to snoop and possibly I will end up looking like an idiot.
Yup you will because there is never a reason to snoop unless your at the end and already being lied to AFTER you have talked to her, so at this point if she did wrong or not your still gunna look bad because you snooped first and talked later, not only that but you gave her hours to prepare for what she is going to come home to and getting her own advise. Big no no with woman is snooping, you would be pissed if she did it to you without talking to you about her "issue" first. If I have a problem I ask and talk to that person, absorb what they told me, then determine my next move. Just like with police, evidence given without proper permission doesnt matter because you did wrong collecting it.

#110 ·
damn dude, you shouldn't have given her a heads up, you shouldn't have done it through email, and you shouldn't have admitted you snooped or pointed out the actual reason you wanted to talk to her.....you should have gone with the grandma deal and started from there, waited for her to lie, THEN asked about the apartment....

Or, just pack her things for her now.

#112 ·
damn dude, you shouldn't have given her a heads up, you shouldn't have done it through email, and you shouldn't have admitted you snooped or pointed out the actual reason you wanted to talk to her.....you should have gone with the grandma deal and started from there, waited for her to lie, then asked about the apartment....

Or, just pack her things for her now.
x2

#120 ·
Come clean and honest all the way. Being able to admit responsibility won't necessary change what she was going to do, but if you have the truth out in the open, it may encourage her to be the same person. It's difficult, not easy, but better to go that route than to run the risk of constantly wonder in the future what would have happened if you told the truth...

If you are going to expect her to be 100% honest, then you should do the same. If you nudge her based on not telling the truth, then she may grudgingly venture to tell you the truth, and then not all the truth.

So take the risk of being honest, even though you may have messed up.

#123 ·
Emails are timestamped. She will know whether or not it popped up at the time you say it did. She is obviously good at the cloak and dagger thing, maybe better than you, so be careful. Truth never hurts in the end. Lies will come out and be forever a scar on your integrety.

#138 ·
Words of wisdom from my 80 year old father,

Women and jobs are just alike, you do not give up on one until you have another one on the line.

You should be shopping for a new bitch. Get all of your financial situation hidden away, money moved to a different account that she has no access to.

Your comment that you do not need to worry about her with your stuff is dumb, look what you are finding and reconsider.

#142 ·
Have you started a Match.com account yet? Youre gonna need it. Sorry, just being honest. There is no possible excuse for any of this. She is lieing, you are lieing, the trust is gone, you are both too young anyway. JM .02 $

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.