Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
29K views 396 replies 75 participants last post by  jmw55018 
#1 · (Edited)
Getting my heads milled here. Proabably gonna run like 12.1 Compression. Should be pushin around 450 out of my T.A. after this.:woot::woot:

#289 ·
Pussy run for pinks. I just threw a 200 shot of Nitro on my car. And got a set of 13 inch wide slicks. Tieing the frame tomorrow. Has a big enough bottle to run almost the whole track. All forged internals to withstand nitro. Lets run for pinks.

#293 ·
a.j. hall ♥ Toyotas;1535547 said:
Pussy run for pinks. I just threw a 200 shot of Nitro on my car. And got a set of 13 inch wide slicks. Tieing the frame tomorrow. Has a big enough bottle to run almost the whole track. All forged internals to withstand nitro. Lets run for pinks.
Posts like this are why nobody wants to help you. If in fact the original post was real and you were open to real help from others, this is why even those people give up. Just to point out a few "problems" with this scenario...
1. Even in a fantasy world where everything ran perfect and no problems arise, you're probably gonna make some mid-high 11 second passes with a 200 shot. There is at least 1 offered race here that you still wouldn't stand a chance, so I wouldn't get too cocky.

Has a big enough bottle to run almost the whole track
What does that mean? Unless you have a .5lb bottle or something, why would you not have a "big enough" bottle to run the whole track?

3. Should the motor withstand that, you have an ungodly high chance of breaking an axle with a tire that's gonna hook. Best case is you'll break it off the line resulting in your car sitting, or slowly veering into the wall. Worse case, it slowly works its way out until you are half track or better then finally comes out, which in turn puts you into the wall at a much higher speed. This is assuming you still have the stock rearend (I didn't read that close, but don't recall seeing you didn't)

4. Should the axle in some possible way live.....
A 13" wide slick is in no way going to fit inside the fenderwell on that car with a stock axle (again, if you have a stock axle). IF your axle should live, you are also now risking that from weight transfer, you are now cutting into the tire from your fenderwell. That in turn will eventually destroy the tire which again, you may find yourself going into the wall at a higher rate of speed.

Just a few observations should you want to actually proceed with doing this :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.