Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

v10 muffler

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Grassman 
#1 ·
Bought my f250 v10 back in august. It came missing the tailpipe and muffler jacked up. Previous owner made it cat. Delete. I bought a MPRP kit. Inter. Pipe muffler and tailpipe. Kit is 4" pipe and a cherry bomb style muffler. It is loud and annoying. Then I went and removed the neckdowns in the pipe and its now unbearable.

I like a throaty, deep tone. But not loud.

Those with v10s, what say you. Not interested in dual exhaust. Hoping to replace just muffler. Looking at something center in and center out and atleast 30" in overall length. I had some hooker aero chambers years ago on a big Pontiac. Liked the sound. But in order to run those I need to neck it back down to 3" though.

#11 ·
And back into a diesel :woot:.

I did put the aerochamber on the truck, sounded even worse. So I turned around and installed the mbrp muffler that was on it prior to the aero chamber. I install the mbrp in front of the aerochamber. That quieted it down alot and was almost stock sound.

#9 ·
I had a v10 ford for a while, tried a dynomax dual outlet and also a 50 series flow master with a single outlet eventually put the stock exhaust back on. My neighbor with a older 454 dually thought it was funny. Good luck, I hope you have better luck than I did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.