Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Dakota's

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  boggin-machine 
#1 ·
OK so my brother just bought a 93 dakota with the 318 in it. 199k on the truck 50k on the motor. It runs good as long as your driving normal. But say you floor it... feels slugish, but if you push the pedal 3/4 of the way its pretty peppy. Any idea?

Also when messing around with it in 4wheel low i got on it and ran the rpms up and as she was slowing down it just stalled out on me? Also by putting it in 1st and accelerating hard it did the same thing? After i would ease off the gas or let it go.

Also whats the largest tire you would put on this stock, it has 235/75/15's stock rims. do i dare to go bigger, it looks kinda close up front. i was thinking maybe 30's?

maybe this could just become a Dakota facts post

#3 ·
FULE PUMP !!!! IT TAKES A FEW CRANKS TO START IT TOO ( RIGHT)

I JUST DID A THE FULE PUMP IN MIS'S 95 DAKOTA THE OTHER DAY NOT HARD JUST TAKE OFF THE REAR BUMPER AND THEN THE BED. THE BITCH IS THE $240 IT COST FOR THE PUMP AND YOU NEED TO KNOW IF IT IS A 18 OR A 23 GALLON TANK WHEN YOU GET THE PUMP. THE 95 HAS A PLASTIC TANK AND THERE IS LIKE A 6" PLASTIC NUT ( WITH NO WAY TO GET A HOLD OF IT ) THAT WAS A BITCH TO GET OFF I USED A STRAP WRENCH.

GOOD LUCK

RBB:rock:

#4 ·
Fuel pump is pretty common on those. I had a 94 that needed a fuel pump after 40,000. I had 30x9.50x15 on it with no trouble. I had 31's on stock rims, but I had to hit the torsion bars for a inch and trim the front airdam on the bottom of the bumper.

#6 ·
i would do a filter first. a badly gunked up filter can make the pump work harder and cause it to have issues. a filter is a lot cheaper but depending on the conection type could be a much larger pia.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.