Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1% prez........"the jiggler"

229K views 2K replies 163 participants last post by  Mr.Green 
#1 · (Edited)
just finishing up my tj and my buddys tj(wheelsofsteele). he did a 60 front w 60 rear out of a 79 ford. had a rubicon long arm so we changed the upper links in rear, tossed the rear trackbar and built a 3 link for the front. i did a 60 front 14 bolt rear,3 link front, leaves in the rear. streched to 103. i built new arms for the front and 2.5 currie joints. will post up pictures and more detail when i figure out how to get these pictures in photobucket. we started mikes jeep july 29 sun night and finishing it up today. his tj is a 1997 mine is a 2003. there is some diffrent stuff between the years.i will give detail on what we ran into.

#401 ·
looks like i am getting the right info. just need to figure out witch chevy bellhousing i need.

#402 ·
have all the stuff in line now. just need some time to work on it. looks like i might go on 6 10's at work for a bit, so that really throws me back on time.
have the tranny ready to go, the motor on it's way and my wiring guy all lined up. have to put becky's 14 bolt in this weekend.i should have all my parts next weekend...

the novak adapters are something....there is actually 2 different adapters you can buy from them to make the tranny and the motor work.1 uses a chevy bellhousing and 1 uses the stock nv 3550. that adapter is actually listed under the nsg370 tranny.

#403 · (Edited)
so the easy way to do this is to use novak's adapter for the jeep 6 speed tranny(nsg370). this let's you use a 4.8 flywheel,chevy clutch.jeep throwout bearing, chevy bolts for the flywheel. i have all the part numbers and i will list them. this will work for the 6 speed nsg370, the nv3500 and the ax15 for a 5.3 or a 6.0 gen3 motor. you just bolt it up to the jeep bellhousing and you can use the stock hydraulic clutch setup..

the throwout bearing needed is #53008342
you also need this pilot bushing #pb-3901357
the adapter needed from novak is part #375-3

Attachments

This post has been deleted
#412 ·
old school chevy 12" clutch GM part # 460486 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVR...item56460b931a) $85.00 plus shipping
Just ordered a bunch of my stuff from novak.They told me that i will need a gen3 clutch kit.Not an old school one. They could be full of shit but might want to double check.
Are you going to run the truck oil pan or switch to the camaro pan? I ordered the camaro pan and that FUCKER wasnt cheap!!

#414 ·
there is literaly 3 wires to run. i am having jimmy help me with the harness to make sure i do it right. i have a 5.3 wiring diagram. i am keeping my stock gauges.mine is a 03 so i dont need to change the fuel pump..you will have to change yours joe. jimmy has a friend that will flash the computer for 150. you can check his out this weekend. after seeing him beat on his and getting schooled by a girl with a 6 liter. you will definetly be tearing yours down next week.:sonicjay:

#417 ·
i have faith in her....i plan to drink and talk shit all weekend so get ready.:sonicjay:

#423 ·
dont worry it will be done before yours.

i should be back home in december so that is when i will get to work.

#424 ·
picked up the last parts i needed sunday. have everything i need now in my garage. after seeing the wiring job joescamaro did on his 5.3. it is going to his house when i am ready for that.
now i have 1 day this week to work on it then i am gone for work for 3 more weeks. then i will be full throttle on this. will have it done before the dog party. i did cut the whole front off. i will get some new pictures soon.

#429 ·
i did cut the whole front off. i will get some new pictures soon.
Earlier this year you cut the back half off, now you cut the front half off too? What's left, the hood and the cool speakers?

I think it's going to fun watching you throttle on the 5.3 :woot:

#427 ·
yours looks good hiding in the woods behind your house.went by there yesterday.

#431 ·
well the front is off and things are rolling along.sent the harness and computer out.400.00 for a tune and rewire my harness. i am working close to home for a month or 2. so it should be done by the dog party.

#433 ·
i pulled into your shop and checked it out yesterday afternoon. it was sitting kinda sideways? looks good.you have done a bunch of work.

#434 ·
so i am trying to decide if i wanna leave enough frame to mount the motor on. or just cut it back and mount it too the dom tube. what do you guys think will be stronger? if i leave the frame it will be plated. motor mounts are dom tube welded to builder bushings.

#436 ·
you better get to work on your buggy if you wanna keep up.

#442 ·
front new frame is getting done, motor has been in and out 3 times. still waiting on my computer. ill be over tonight to take a ride in yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.