Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

My awd toys

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  bbaXJ 
#1 ·
Well I've spent some time away from the 4x4 scene and been playin with some other cars for the past year. Figured you guys might still appreciate em.

06 wrx st 2

Then this happened. I wasn't at fault but losing a car I searched for months for sucked. I looked for an STi afterwards but ended up going a different direction.

05 evolution VIII - bunch of bolt ons. Last tuned at 378 awhp and 370 ftlbs at a semi conservative 27 psi :naughty:

See less See more
#16 ·
Nice rides. The Evo looks too ricey for my tastes with that carbon fiber crap on there but I'm sure it's an absolute blast to drive. Sucks that the WRX got smashed, that looked like almost exactly my style. I'd love to have about the same car but to an 05

Agreed. Gotta love the boxer engine too. I need to pick up an economical car and I really wish Subi's didn't have such high resale. Even the non-turbo ones are very expensive compared to 90% of what else is out there.

#7 ·
Not really power isnt my main concern. These aren't drag cars and I could care less to know what they'd run. I drive these cars for the raw feeling they give. The Evo is just better, the recaro buckets, momo wheel, tight steering, brembos, stupid big wing, and even the ridiculous amount of road noise, just make it better, for me at least. The wrx was great and i will own another subaru someday but it was too soft and refined for my taste. And to be fair to the Subaru's my buddies got a 12 sec STi I've pushed pretty hard and I'd never trade him. Both are for sure worthwhile to own though. I'd never tell someone not to buy a WRX if that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.