Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

i got f'd in the A

3K views 60 replies 29 participants last post by  GreaseMonkey 
#1 ·
i just got my 3 inch body lift for my 96 s-10 and turns out i cant use this kit if i have a slip joint steering .... now if mine has it ima be pissed ... but i do i know if it does or not?

#3 ·
they sell a special adapter to put on your steering shaft its pretty cheap. www.liftedsteeringsolutions.com
i have a friend who lifted his s10 blazer and had the same problem, they fixed him right up.

#15 ·
That's a 3" kit for the 1994 model only.

Funny, the description reads this:
This Performance Accessories body lift is design to fit your 1994-1997 Chevrolet or GMC S10 or S15 pickup. This kit raises the body of your truck by 2 inches to facilitate the use of a larger wheel and tire package.
And if you click on the linkk to see what vehicles it fits you get this:
103PRF Body Lift Kit - 3"

94 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup
2 Wheel Drive
4 Wheel Drive
94 GMC Sonoma
2 Wheel Drive
4 Wheel Drive

#44 ·
If I recall correctly each extra inch of BL compensates to a additional 100% torque load on the bolt. It seems I read that in the thread on another board, that guy with the waggy. Fresh rebuild of everything, he rolled it and the body separated from the frame. I'll try to find it.

#45 ·
Heres one pic and a quote from the board, still haven't found the thread.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Tree State park

Originally Posted by Stuka
It should be noted that TreeSharks wag (the green one posted above) was going 70mph, and the body came off the frame because of the 3" body lift he had. As I recall, he only had minor scratches and bruising.

Another quote..
He was on the highway cruising at highway speeds when a kid in a small car fell asleep at the wheel and clipped him the rear quarter. He spun, flipped and rolled. The body separated from the chasis at the body lift mounts. IIRC, the body lift was 3 inches.

#46 ·
Heres one pic and a quote from the board, still haven't found the thread.

View attachment 20774

Originally Posted by Stuka
It should be noted that TreeSharks wag (the green one posted above) was going 70mph, and the body came off the frame because of the 3" body lift he had. As I recall, he only had minor scratches and bruising.

Another quote..
He was on the highway cruising at highway speeds when a kid in a small car fell asleep at the wheel and clipped him the rear quarter. He spun, flipped and rolled. The body separated from the chasis at the body lift mounts. IIRC, the body lift was 3 inches.
yes, I seem to remember that one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.