Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Do I have a case with interco tire?

25K views 188 replies 53 participants last post by  clarkstoncracker 
#1 ·
According to their website, a 37x14x15 mounted on a 11" rim should be 36.5" tall.

how come my 37x14x15 iroks measure UNDER 35"?

Did I get a bad batch, or something that slipped through quality control?

Isn't this false advertising? IF I wanted 35" tires, I would have purchased 35" tires.

#94 ·
Interco farms out their tires. They do not make a single tire.

"Speciality tires of america" Makes the Irok and the Bogger. I was offered a larger size bogger or irok, from STOA, NOT interco, neither of which I wanted.

As soon as I realized I couldn't exchange the tires for a size that I wanted (the size that interco advertises), I purchased a set of 38.5/14.50-15LT SX's. I called interco and spoke with the VP to insure that they measure above 37". He informed me that they measure 38.2".

They really measure 37.5". I thought about sending them back again, but its not worth it over 3/4" of an inch.

Interco people are evil evil lying, scam artists who false advertise to sell tires.

The folk I dealt with at STOA is the reason I could exhange them. They are buying them back from me.

Interco Tire Company = False advertising, Scam, Liars, theives.
Specility Tires Of America = Good People

So Interco has two sales, and I'm still out a thousand bucks (and have been for two months) as I await my reimbursement due to interco's false advertising.

#109 ·
49's and air shocks? im pretty sure they would be overheated by the time you needed that sweet swaybar. on another note, i was pretty happy to find that the 37's were real close to 36" because i know the 36's are close to 37. i needed a 35-36ish tire and wanted an irok, thankfully they make it, they just call it a 37.

as for all this exact tire size talk, it is deffinitely a lot gay. i hear enough of it in the drag racing world, where they still have this issue.

#110 ·
Maybe Interco should put a disclaimer on their site stating "Due to the manufacturing process, actual tire size may differ than advertised dimension."

I should sue McDonalds for my double quarter-pounder only weighing one third of a pound. Wait, they get away with it with the "Weight measured before cooking" disclaimer.

#121 ·
I just went to the local funeral home, and informed the owner that if he cremated his "customers" 94% of the way, he would save money, and the ashes and fingers would both fit in the urn! :woot: But he should advertise that he cremates people 100% of the way!!!!!!

I bet the family of the dead people will be pretty fucking ignorant after this one :woot:

#123 ·
I just called the local hospital, and informed the doctor that he should tell his patients he removed 100% of the cancer, but he should only remove 94% of it, because it takes less time, and its easier to tell them that he removed it all!

OH THOSE IGNORANT PATIENTS!!!!

:woot:

#130 ·
UH OH, Somebody gave my product a bad review!!

http://www.amazon.com/review/produc...cm_cr_acr_img?_encoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

I bet 100% of the people should believe what this idiot is saying, then myself or the manufacturer!!!!

I also read a complaint about the new dodge rams, I guess their windshields are made of sugar and water, and when it rains, they dissolve into nothing.

But Dodge says they're made of glass. WHO DO I BELIEVE? :confused:

#142 ·
what does tire size have to do with air shocks? i havent owned air shocks, but i have driven them a bit. they are great for their application, but that application is not a 10,000lbs rig with 2500lbs of unsprung weight. bombing around on the cali freeways at speed would overheat air shocks in very short order.

#145 ·
I hate to do this, but I have to agree with CC on this one.

You should not have to research a company to see if the ads they place in EVERY offroad mag. are true.
In my business (floor covering) if I sell a customer 1/2 pad, it better be 1/2 thick. I have several customers that do check.
The pad companies do offer cheaper pad that has a +/-, they call it "shaved" pad.
I have taken accounts from other companies that use that pad and didn't tell the customer.

It's total bullshit to advertise a tire size and be so far off.
What happened to the big 3 with their bullshit HP numbers on new cars? Didn't they get caught or lose in court and had to change ads?

#146 ·
What happened to the big 3 with their bullshit HP numbers on new cars? Didn't they get caught or lose in court and had to change ads?

I thought that was Ford with the Cobras?

#153 ·
FWIW, tires diameter sizes are measured unmounted when listed to ensure air pressure and rim selection do not pose a factor in the measured size of the tire. They are also measured at room temperature since it can play a major role in the measurement of rubber especially when you get to very larger tires.

Did anyone see mythbusters on pikes peak? They had 5 miles of matchbox car track laid out and as it warmed it stretched another 2 miles in length?

#155 ·
DUDE... google search mythbusters, matchbox track.

the track was 1/4 mile, and it was lake tahoe that's like 1900% off...

anyone who believed it is ignorant:poke: and should have searched for 10 minutes.

find me 5 threads that say the track was in pikes peak and 5 miles long

#157 ·
they are mounted on the recommended rim size and inflated to the max inflation pressure and then the measurements are taken.

shrink factor is not a black art either, it is a calculation based on many factors like durometer (or density of the material), temperature and pressure between when it is injected and what it will be in the open atmosphere. maybe interco hires the flunkey engineers who got D's to design their tires :sonicjay:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.