Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

My cheap XJ, round two! (haven't name it yet)

4K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  jeepkid984 
#1 ·

This is how it looked when i brought it home.
It's a '00 Cherokee, 4.0, AW4, NP231, D35/30, 163k on it.
tires are wasted, wheels are ugly paint was terrible, needed front end parts.

still ugly here.

decided that i the ugly flat black wasn't my thing, I've always wanted something in OD green, this is as close as I could find. Rustoleum "Dark hunter green satin" rolled on with a 4" high density foam trim roller

right before i painted it we picked up this gem for my g/f for $800, it needed a header panel, fender, and bumper. it was a good excuse for me to give away my stock bumper and buy some steel for a homemade bumper.

Did some cutting

some welding

and after all the grinding.

See less See more
#6 ·
Paint isn't to bad, needed a few more coats but I'm happy with it.

Bumper is welded to the frame, somebody got into a wreck with it and pushed the bracket into the Frame, I plated it with .250", 8" back for strength. Thanks guys.
next project is patching the floors and getting new seat in.

#11 ·

floors are still holy, when i bought the tires i scored a 2" AAL, rest of the spring pack, and 2" block... ~3" of lift with the sacked out springs and blocks. this is how it sits currently with 31"s i still need to throw the shocks on the rear and do the whole front. it's getting there.

#13 ·
not that i'm aware of, a friend of mine has a '96 that is a former Pennsylvania ranger jeep, absoultly no options what so ever, not even cloth seats.

this thing is pretty well optioned out, only thing it doesn't have is overhead console and woodgrain trim.

#14 ·

to whoever the jackass is on other forums going around telling everyone that JK shocks are long enough for a 3" lift, they are full of shit.

front shocks are ~1" longer, I have zero downtravel for now. (going to buy new shocks soon)

rear shocks broke the bolts off in the frame (suprise surpise) Cut the bar pin out of the JK shocks, build Bar pin eliminators out of some square stock i had laying around.

squeezed the front springs in, Front and rear sway bar delete kit ;) have to adjust the toe tonight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.