Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Winter Weekend with the Cub Scouts

3K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  Muddyfun73 
#1 ·
#5 · (Edited)
I'm jealous. Winter campouts were some of the most fun I ever had in Boy Scouts.

One time, we were camping out at Doc Wernerts in Cadillac, and one of the kids in my patrol forgot his sleeping bag. Rather than tell the adults, or ask us get in the tent with the other three of us, he would fall asleep until he woke up shivering, then he'd leave his tent, run around the campsite until he just broke a sweat, then sleep until he woke up shivering again.

Come morning, we found him sitting around the fire, getting breakfast ready. It was only once breakfast was done that he told the adults what happened.

#9 ·
I didn't realize there was that much snow at camp till the DE sent out those pics. I wanted to make it up there a couple of weeks ago, but couldn't cuz of work. Have fun!

#11 ·
Lindquist's out of Munising usually do it. Otherwise there is a guy that works for MDOT up there that will open it up when he plows Doe lake rd.

#14 ·
Andy, do yourself a favor and just STFU. Scouting teaches a lot of good things to boys and young men, a lot of things that are missing in today's world.

My step-son just crossed over and can't wait to go camping with us. Our winter campout was in January, and it was my son's first. He loved it. Some of the best campouts that I went on were winter ones. One year we had the only tent that did not collapse overnight when we got seven or eight inches of snow. I can't wait till they are both over fourteen so we can start doing more of the High Adventure events and camps.

#13 ·
Was just telling my son about some of the FUN winter camping trips I had when I was in Boy Scouts. Had some real fun on them.

I remember the worst camping trip ever was only going to rain that weekend and it ended up having a huge temp drop and it we got 6 inches of snow and NO ONE was prepared for it. We had a ton of fun even though it sucked.

#16 ·
I forgot that you were an Eagle. Maybe you're an example of why scouting is for retarts and ****. :poke: :finger: :sonicjay:
And where is your order of the arrow sash you sissy bitch? I still have all my old stuff, buried in a drawer with 15 years of shit on it.

#25 ·
The Troop my son is joining this spring doesn't do jack right now, but we have 8 boys in the Webelo den and real active parents, if my boss would hurry up and retire I will take over as scoutmaster. I've already told the Scoutmaster that there are going to be a lot of changes when we join. When I was a scout we camped at least once a month of at least did something outdoors, canoeing, hiking and repelling. I never got my Eagle, but had a blast getting to do a lot of backpacking. Just bought my son his first pack and are planning a weekend trip. Trying to find cheap backpack for the rest of the kids in my den.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.