Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Rockauto

4K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  MotoX5874 
#1 ·
Has any one used this company before?
http://www.rockauto.com/
I had used them one time before and was very happy with them.
I just bought some ball joints from them and this is what I got.

They were all the right sizes but different makers.

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
I've always gotten exactly what I ordered. Looks like you got the left overs? If nothing else, a phone call is in order.

Edit: And by the looks of them they are for a dana 44, why did you get "auto extra" brand parts when dana 44 balljoints wear out quickly as it is? I've had much better luck with moog or other high end ball joints than the autozone "premium" offereings I ran before. "you get what you pay for" fits perfectly here.

#11 ·
When I did the ball joints on my XJ's D30, Rock Auto had Moog for the cheapest price, cheap shipping and they showed up the very next day.

Whenever I am sourcing parts for any vehicle, I always include a search on rockauto.com. The last time, it got me Standard "Blue line" ignition parts for my 66 cheaper than the Chinese crap on the shelves at Vato Zone.

#12 ·
I've heard nothing but good really, and are you sure they intentionally did it? cause I can see if someone just grabbed em off a shelf, why would they second guess the box it was in?

I'd call em and see, if they say tough crap, thats one thing, but maybe they will try to fix it up?

#14 ·
I did recieve the correct parts they are just from differnt makers.
It just looks kinda janky.

Print out rock auto and price match at advance! one near us does it.

Make sure you put items in cart and add cheepest shipping, they will split shipping pending how many parts your buying and give to you for that price. Then you have warranty at your local store not mail order!
This is very good to know:thumb:

#13 ·
Print out rock auto and price match at advance! one near us does it.

Make sure you put items in cart and add cheepest shipping, they will split shipping pending how many parts your buying and give to you for that price. Then you have warranty at your local store not mail order!

#15 ·
Looks like your complaint should be with Auto Extra, not Rock Auto.

#20 ·
When I bought my radiator from there a couple weeks ago, it had an option for the radiator I wanted with full warranty at full price, or different brand radiator (unknown brand) and a full warranty at a discounted price. Maybe it was the same for you and you just selected the random brand one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.