Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Trailready issues

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  thrill20 
#1 ·
Any one else running trailready beadlocks have a problem getting the tire to fit over the centering ring on the outer bead?

I have a set of 16.5 x 12 steel trailready's, and I'm having some trouble getting my tires mounted. The first tire went on super easy, and I had no problems torqing down the ring. The second one would not drop down around the centering ring. I got frustrated, and tried one of the others, and had the same problem. I am running some older tires, could they be the problem, or are trailready's just difficult to mount?

#4 ·
it takes technique.... you probably got luck on the first one.

use a mix of 1:1 of liquid dish soap and water and put it on the ground.... you only have to get one side over so it isnt like it's a normal wheel or something that is actually hard 2 times....

if you cant mount it then you dont need beadlocks.

and make sure someone didnt sell you 1 16.5" and 3 16" tires :sonicjay:

#11 ·
I actually thought about that.... but, all 4 are 16.5". I'm not having a problem getting the tires on the wheels, it's getting the bead of the tire to fit around the centering ring on the wheel to get the lock ring clamped down. The first tire, I was able to get the inside bead over the outer ring on the ground, then put the whole think up on a 5 gallon bucket. I then gently stretched the bead around the ring with little effort. Threw in four longer bolt to suck down the ring and started running in the short ones. No Problem. The rest of them I can get the tire on the wheel, but can't get the bead even close to dropping around the ring.

Here's the one I did get on. Look closely at the vintage tires.... I'm thinking they may be the problem. They're probably period correct for the truck though...:teehee::teehee:

#15 ·
got another one mounted.... still not sure it's right though. I think I'll end up breaking this one back down and trying again.

Anyone know what torque trailready recommends for there steel wheels? I think I saw 20lbs somewhere, but not sure.

Here's some pics with both mounted...

And yeah... the tires do look a bit:bdr2:

Anybody got some 35's or bigger for 16.5 rims???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.