Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

MC Hammer tj

87K views 574 replies 78 participants last post by  Lousypirate 
#1 · (Edited)
well as some of you know i got in an accident leaving the blessing in my tj.

what the jeep has done to it
-32 11.5 15 bfg mt's on steel d windows
-2.5 inch rough country progressive spring lift
-front bumper from tab
-mile marker winch

what it needs to run again
-front axle
-front control arms
-1 new tire (dropped it off today so that is pretty much done)
-steering gear box (i have one just have to install it)

purchases so far
-front d30
-4:10 gears to mach front axle
-d35 detroit locker
-new 32" bfg mud terrain
-rough country long arm kit
-one inch motor mount lift
-antirock front sway bar
-1 3/4 die for bender
-1 1/4 die for bender

the insurance company gave me 3300 dollars for the damages. i really dont want to go with bigger lift or tires at this time since i am planning on putting d60's and 39.5's on it with some stretch at some point in the future.

so i need some advise on spending the rest of my money! i am thinking about gears and lockers for my axles to get me by til i get everything ready to go big! what the hell should i buy?:beerbang::beerbang::beerbang::woot::brilliant

See less See more
#143 ·
:sonicjay: I wish! I'm still working on getting my barn setup. I got my 14b picked up from Bj this weekend. Tomorrow I am going to get my front 60 stripped and the hubs and knuckles dropped to have Bj machine for high steer and redrill from metric to 8 on 6.5. Next weekend I should have the buggy in the barn so I can get started.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

#145 ·
Of all the research I never saw much good. Not a lot of bad info but there was more bad than good. The prices that alumcj gave me on shocks were pretty descent for an actual high quality part. I don't like the fact of buying a basically unknown foreign product when it is only a couple hundred more to get a tested, proven shock. Plus I like supporting local businesses.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

#153 ·
I stopped by rocksolid and gave him my knuckles and hubs and walked out with a nice set of hubs that were redrilled for 8 on 6.5 and machined for smaller brakes that will have a better feel than the stockers. I Also got some knuckles with new ball joints that were machined. The highsteer arms are a nice snug fit. They aren't sloppy like some of them I have seen. Bj does awesome work, it is nice having them 5 minutes from my house.

#160 ·
I have been putting all my time into working on getting my workshop setup. I had to put the buggy in the back barn so I would stop thinking about working on it until my shop is done :sonicjay:

I did order these 14b parts today though

http://www.tmrcustoms.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11&products_id=1286

http://www.tmrcustoms.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_24&products_id=1057

I like building things myself but I am coming to realize that sometimes it is more economical to buy something rather than spend hours and hours building it and redoing it since I am never content.

#167 ·
On their website they do not offer an unwelded version. The last welded diff covers I bought looked like shit. They had nasty undercut and some porosity. I know nobody will see it but it bothers me. I will try calling ruffstuff and see what I can work out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.